Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
According to Gold the clubs line on Conte was “we were compelled to speak with him when a manager of his stature came onto the market.”

What an absolute load of horse shite. That line would be applicable if we had sacked our manager a week ago. We’re pushing on towards 3 months now! How in the name of fuck are we still just waiting for things to happen on the market after so long??

Another corker from Gold was he is led to believe that when that oaf Hitchen was drawing up his list, the man that he came up with as first choice was… Mauricio Pochettino? I mean seriously? That’s the best Hitchen could come up with?

And then, if we are to believe that Poch was the first choice all along, why in the name of all that’s holy did it take us so long to move for him??

The whole thing just stinks of complete and utter ineptitude and incompetence right from the top to bottom. A bunch of absolute jokers.

Honest to god the decisions taken by the hierarchy of this club over the last few years from failing to back and ultimately sacking Pochettino, to appointing Mourinho, to sacking him and replacing him with a complete novice who’s best friends with half the squad, to the Super League fiasco and now this complete and utter shambles of an effort to appoint a new manager, how in gods name have they ANY support left from fans?

Just got a feeling the Conte saga has another twist yet…

Pray I Hope GIF
I don't.

It's over.

According to Gold the clubs line on Conte was “we were compelled to speak with him when a manager of his stature came onto the market.”

What an absolute load of horse shite. That line would be applicable if we had sacked our manager a week ago. We’re pushing on towards 3 months now! How in the name of fuck are we still just waiting for things to happen on the market after so long??

Another corker from Gold was he is led to believe that when that oaf Hitchen was drawing up his list, the man that he came up with as first choice was… Mauricio Pochettino? I mean seriously? That’s the best Hitchen could come up with?

And then, if we are to believe that Poch was the first choice all along, why in the name of all that’s holy did it take us so long to move for him??

The whole thing just stinks of complete and utter ineptitude and incompetence right from the top to bottom. A bunch of absolute jokers.

Honest to god the decisions taken by the hierarchy of this club over the last few years from failing to back and ultimately sacking Pochettino, to appointing Mourinho, to sacking him and replacing him with a complete novice who’s best friends with half the squad, to the Super League fiasco and now this complete and utter shambles of an effort to appoint a new manager, how in gods name have they ANY support left from fans?
I may actually tug myself over this post tonight. Perfect summary

Read marcotti saying poch and ten hag still not out of frame. Negotiating ploy. Wouldnt surprise me if conte went to psg and poch came home. Just my opinion.

Poch is calling Wijnaldum to get him to come to PSG,

It would be a massive slap in Wijnaldum's face if Poch convinces him to come and then he fucks off to us. Likely would hurt his reputation with trying to bring in other players in the future.

I don't think Nuno or Sarri are the best fit for us, but people talk a lot of nonsense on both.

Nuno did a brilliant job at Wolves, and the football was nowhere near as boring as some make out. Awful this past year, yes, with lots of mitigating circumstances.

Sarri's Napoli was unbelievably fun to watch, and perhaps a club somewhat similar to us in stature in Serie A. Very good first 6 months at Chelsea, finished 3rd and wins Europa. Wins league with Juve, honestly think the squad was very unsuited to his methods. Seems to be a bit of a prick, and I have no great love for the guy, but he's nothing near the laughable candidate some make him out to be.

So we have a great stadium, a great training ground, a couple of great players BUT ENIC consistently penny pinch on signings and and cannot appoint a top quality manager eg Conte). Cannot see anything improving until they sell up. We are cursed.

I wonder why Man Utd are after Winks?.... are they trying to be nice so we sell them Kane too?

I think that rumour is from a very dubious source and the fact it seems only one source has reported it, unless I missed more reports coming out, that there isn't much truth. Especially when it makes zero sense.

Just got a feeling the Conte saga has another twist yet…

Pray I Hope GIF

I don't think Nuno or Sarri are the best fit for us, but people talk a lot of nonsense on both.

Nuno did a brilliant job at Wolves, and the football was nowhere near as boring as some make out. Awful this past year, yes, with lots of mitigating circumstances.

Sarri's Napoli was unbelievably fun to watch, and perhaps a club somewhat similar to us in stature in Serie A. Very good first 6 months at Chelsea, finished 3rd and wins Europa. Wins league with Juve, honestly think the squad was very unsuited to his methods. Seems to be a bit of a prick, and I have no great love for the guy, but he's nothing near the laughable candidate some make him out to be.
The thing that really ends the Sarri argument is the keeper refusing to come off when told to. One of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen on a football field.

Back
Top Bottom