Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The thing is, even if Levy plays hard ball and doesn’t sell Kane this summer, are we then going to be left with a player who just isn’t motivated to play for us? Obviously I don’t want him to leave, but I just can’t see how keeping him against his will is going to be beneficial for us at all

It's not. Anyone saying it's alright because he'll still be at the club next season for this reason or that reason... Absolute horse shit. Once a player wants out and is on record stating that, there's rarely any going back. Kane needs something new and we need to move on from Kane.

If true, that just creates more drama and incentive for Kane to leave. May even lower transfer price; would be madness.
Don't see how, in his head he's already left. He's probably already got onto the Manc estate agents and started listening to Oasis. Being dropped for one game won't affect his transfer fee.

The quotes look way worse in print than when I saw the video, it hurts but I don’t blame him one bit. The people saying it’s a cunt move doing the interview etc etc just sound like bitter ex girlfriends to me. Let’s hope Levy gets a big transfer fee for him and we invest it wisely, he calls this a crossroads moment for his career but it’s a crossroads moment for the club too if we can use this money to make sure we stay a ‘big six’ side or fuck it up and revert to mid table.

In a way it's like being in a relationship with Mama Fratelli from The Goonies. You've come to love her, warts and all, and she makes you feel good about yourself. But much better looking ladies, the Emilia Clarke's of the world, are making it known they want you, they want to perform Fellatio on you, and make you a lovely home made dinner every evening. Eventually your head is gonna turn, especially if Mama Fratelli has stopped making you feel good about yourself and life.

The quotes look way worse in print than when I saw the video, it hurts but I don’t blame him one bit. The people saying it’s a cunt move doing the interview etc etc just sound like bitter ex girlfriends to me. Let’s hope Levy gets a big transfer fee for him and we invest it wisely, he calls this a crossroads moment for his career but it’s a crossroads moment for the club too if we can use this money to make sure we stay a ‘big six’ side or fuck it up and revert to mid table.
Isn't the point though that we're not the bitter ex yet though? He's still our player and we haven't finished the season yet.

You're calm and comfortable that we could have an unhappy player at the club that we all know wanted out? Only way he might change his mind is if we finally actually show ambition. Not gonna happen with Daniel Levy upstairs.
Yes, I'm a fucking den of calm. A fucking Buddhist monk knocked on my door this morning while the coffee was brewing. He felt a powerful aura of peace and reconciliation and followed it to my doorstep, asking for me to take him on as my disciple. I told him to fuck off, I'm not looking to form a cult.

I really did think he'd play his career here. It would have been such a rare thing to happen. My feeling was that we'd get seriously into the danger zone if we went a second year of not getting top 4 or being truly competitive, but he'd give us an extra year to sort our shit out. It turns out I was a year out and we entered the danger zone at the end of last season. The connection to the club was not as strong as I thought.

It's not. Anyone saying it's alright because he'll still be at the club next season for this reason or that reason... Absolute horse shit. Once a player wants out and is on record stating that, there's rarely any going back. Kane needs something new and we need to move on from Kane.

It just reminds me of the whole Eriksen situation when he was adamant he wanted to leave and Levy wouldn’t let him. Why allow even more toxicity to continue to fester in the club?

Kane doesn't get to escape blame for our failures.

He got to enough finals to make a difference and get a trophy and he failed in every single one.

We rebuild and we go again with fresh ideas. All of Poch's babies need taking out back and shooting.

Dier, Dele, Sissoko, Aurier, Davies, Son, Winks, Sanchez

Can all FUCK OFF.

And yes I said Son. It's my controversial opinion that he's actually not that great and the claims of "World Class" are laughable. Been saying it a long time.

I am not saying that us failing is down to Sky but the bias against us with them is unreal.
Yeah, I thought it was paranoia (and to some extent the conspiracies are delusional), but there is a massive lack of respect to the club, fans and to some degree the players, when they show far more to other top clubs.

I wonder why. but when you're owned by Murdoch, nothing is off the table.

Kane has once again shit on the fans. Football is dead. I was planning to stay away from posting about football but Kane's comments have made me angry. If he goes he cannot come back this F U to the fans is the end no after career payroll job for Kane. The fact is Human Rights Abuser FC do not need him they want him for his reputation. I hope if Kane goes he is a disaster of a signing for City.

It just reminds me of the whole Eriksen situation when he was adamant he wanted to leave and Levy wouldn’t let him. Why allow even more toxicity to continue to fester in the club?

Exactly.

That's why inevitably there will be a compromise. Say we want 150 million for him. I can't see anyone wanting to go over the 100 million mark for him, considering his age and dodgy ankles. So the final fee will probably be somewhere near the middle of those two figures, and I can easily see other players being involved in an exchange whether we like it or not.

If we can get 110 million for him I'd take that all day long over keeping an unhappy and motivated player in the squad going into a new season. Now Kane is a professional and if he's selected I'm sure he'll still score goals given the service. But it wouldn't be good at all for dressing room morale. For me it would be sheer madness to completely price him out of a move.

In a way it's like being in a relationship with Mama Fratelli from The Goonies. You've come to love her, warts and all, and she makes you feel good about yourself. But much better looking ladies, the Emilia Clarke's of the world, are making it known they want you, they want to perform Fellatio on you, and make you a lovely home made dinner every evening. Eventually your head is gonna turn, especially if Mama Fratelli has stopped making you feel good about yourself and life.
And knowing you can go into the spare room without having to feed Slothoko must be enticing.

Yeah I've seen that video and have no problem with it at all. He is a very driven individual , to be where he is now after his so so loan spells as a kid at places like Orient, Norwich's Millwall, Leicester is pretty remarkable. He is just saying that a conversation needs to be had about where his career is going and what the club's plans are. He wants to be scoring 60 70 goals a season, he wants to be playing CL football, he wants to be winning the PL and all the other trophies, and there is nothing wrong with that.

He can go if he wants, we will be very well rewarded financially and then it will be up to the club to spend the money wisely

We tries this with Berbatov, keeping him here when he wanted to leave. Levy dragged it out until the end of the window. We lost the player and sunk like a stone at the start of the following season.

If he's going get it done ASAP and then spend the money on a world-class replacement or 2 which is likely what we'll need.

Back
Top Bottom