The Trust have called for the board to resign.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought they came across as a bit paranoid. All that stuff about bleeding Tottenham being a thinly veiled dig just seems like nonsense.

Absolutely nothing will change anyway. Even if there's a mass boycott there would be plenty of people willing to buy tickets.

I thought they came across as a bit paranoid. All that stuff about bleeding Tottenham being a thinly veiled dig just seems like nonsense.

Absolutely nothing will change anyway. Even if there's a mass boycott there would be plenty of people willing to buy tickets.
The ability to continue selling out 62,850 at the highest prices in the world is indeed where the rubber will meet the road on all of this.

They've got themselves into a "he said / she said" situation, it's completely pointless - just makes everyone involved look really petty.....the Trust fully had the morale high ground at the start of this but have lost it now

They've got themselves into a "he said / she said" situation, it's completely pointless - just makes everyone involved look really petty.....the Trust fully had the morale high ground at the start of this but have lost it now
No you want them to to lose moral ground as you support those wankers Levy/Enic fair play to you , your loyalty is to be admired.
They/we have been lied to constantly by the board , enics token gesture is toothless piece of PR . If anything the Trust is too passive and given those parasite cunts a easy ride.

Couldn’t agree more. There are almost certainly exceptions to this, but in the main, fans know fuck all about what goes in to running a football club.

If a fan does get a place on the board, it should be due to their football related business prowess. Not due to them being a fan. It’s ridiculous.

Couldn’t agree more. There are almost certainly exceptions to this, but in the main, fans know fuck all about what goes in to running a football club.

If a fan does get a place on the board, it should be due to their football related business prowess. Not due to them being a fan. It’s ridiculous.

Chris Cowlin. Get that man onboard now.

There is absolutely no debate.

Pure theater

What I think we need, and is very reasonable to ask for is the following. Whenever there is a proposed change to certain key aspects of our club, then there needs to be a vote of season ticket holders before any owner can change them. Those things are: which competitions we play in, where we play (would have stopped Stratford), the colours, the badge, the name of the club. Maybe some other things too but along those lines. Everton have done this in the past Football: Everton fans vote to leave Goodison Park for Kirkby

This avoids the problem of fans who don't know what they're doing running a football club, but protects us- at least to a certain extent- from owners who would change vital parts of what make us THFC in order to maximise their profits.

What I think we need, and is very reasonable to ask for is the following. Whenever there is a proposed change to certain key aspects of our club, then there needs to be a vote of season ticket holders before any owner can change them. Those things are: which competitions we play in, where we play (would have stopped Stratford), the colours, the badge, the name of the club. Maybe some other things too but along those lines. Everton have done this in the past Football: Everton fans vote to leave Goodison Park for Kirkby

This avoids the problem of fans who don't know what they're doing running a football club, but protects us- at least to a certain extent- from owners who would change vital parts of what make us THFC in order to maximise their profits.
I do think that Sugar is overreacting a bit. One fan seat on the board will not throw the entire football operation on its head. And the club will certainly implement some form of election process.

It's not like we are going from having no fan involvement in the board to making it 50/50. It's one seat on a board of 5 if memory serves me right.

Fans being involved and consulted seems to work pretty well in Germany, you don’t know what you are talking about Sugar, for that reason you’re fired

Does the 50+1 really work that well though?

The german league is a procession - we moan about it, but the PL is clearly by some distance the most successful set up.

Last edited:
Fans being involved and consulted seems to work pretty well in Germany, you don’t know what you are talking about Sugar, for that reason you’re fired
He's really equating giving fans one spot on the board to just giving us the keys to the club.

Top lad that Lord Sugar. Very entertaining.

It’s phrases like “maybe some other things too” that give me the shakes. Not having a pop, but do we as fans actually know what we’d want a say on? Are we informed enough?

Also, a guy who has a season ticket as he just likes a day out and thinks Son looks great in white had a vote? But I’ve spent thousands traveling to watch Spurs for decades and I don’t? Just because of where I live means a season ticket isn’t possible?

Back
Top Bottom