Tottenham Hotspur vs Sheffield United | Sunday 2 May | 19.15 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Slag off our players??? I said he wasn't playing well so far.

I've also defended him numerous times when people were slagging off his 'lifestyle' his 'attitude' amongst other things.

you have a problem with me and as I said to you before its becoming very tiresome so please put me on the ignore list if I annoy you that much. People are entitled to their opinions on a football forum so get used to it or simply don't log in.
I dont have a problem with you.
I have a problem with the stuff you post, because a lot of it is facile and risible. So just as you have the right to express your opinion, I have the right to express my opinion about the stuff you post.
There are a lot of people who post in waves, endorsing commonly expressed opinions about the failings of players who represent the team I support. You are an opinion sheep who happily jumps on bandwagons, presumably to curry favour with similarly likeminded posters, so you feel part of a movement.
To your credit you are not an obnoxious poster, who resorts to schoolboy insults like the "wanks" brigade
But to me there is little difference between the people who hide behind the anonymity of social media to post insults and derision about footballers supposed failings and people who post obnoxious racist remarks about sports personalities.
Ignorant abuse from behind your keyboard about someone you are not fit to judge, is the same kind of spineless cowardice whether its racist or just plain ignorant personal abuse.

same players, bottom team.
Our previous thrashings against the bottom sides this season: W 0-1 West Brom; Fulham D 1-1; W 1-3 Shef Utd (we didn't outshoot them in this game, same shots & shots on target!!); W 2-0 WBA; W 0-1 Fulham; Newcastle D 1-1; Newcastle D 2-2. Dishing out the thrashings!

Do you not like to see us have possession of the ball?

Press in a coordinated manner (not individually)?

Win the ball high (because it's coordinated and not individual pressing)?

Play in the oppo half?

Not play cowards low-block shit?

See cunted off players reintroduced and make an impact?

Last edited:
Still can't fathom we had 2 shots in the Cup final. Bale didn't start and Sissoko came on.

Bale starts every game now. Forget load management etc. I agree with what JJ said on MOTD. you just play players like him, eventually they'll come good because the class is permanent.

Fifa need to get rid of the armpit rule for offsides on VAR. Its football not armpits.
Should be determined by the lower half of the body or feet. For literally the entire history of the game it has been understood that strikers are supposed to hang off the shoulder of the furthest defender, to chase down through balls. In one fell swoop VAR has demolished the expectations of what attacking football is supposed to look like, by creating from whole cloth the expectation that a striker's shirt-sleeve can't be further forward than a defender's armpit.

R6Zy4P9.png

Is this not worthy of a card?

Not only a clear red, but for me that is a lengthy ban for dangerous conduct. It is clear to see that it was intentional and the club should lodge an official complaint against the ref and VAR team. Clear bias or incompetence?

The more I watch it, the more I am convinced he knew what he was doing.

Disgraceful.

Not only a clear red, but for me that is a lengthy ban for dangerous conduct. It is clear to see that it was intentional and the club should lodge an official complaint against the ref and VAR team. Clear bias or incompetence?
I second that and Mason should also get aware and quick. But ENIC and Levy don't care, so fans need to kick into action.

Protect Spurs players!!

What did dele offer? Lo celso was much better without been brilliant.
Was one of the pointer sisters tonight. Pointing instead of looking
Dele offers nothing individually, and today's appearance was probably a "Shop window" directive from Levy, who hopefully will be looking to offload this passenger.

Dele offers nothing individually, and today's appearance was probably a "Shop window" directive from Levy, who hopefully will be looking to offload this passenger.

Dele had a good game. Should have scored when Kane failed to square the ball to him and took on the shot himself at a difficult angle.

Some clever touches in the build up to a couple of goals and his movement off the ball was excellent; pulling defenders our of position.

We shouldn't be selling him; we should be coaching him back to his best.

Just got a chance to watch it.

1) I have been on record saying Bale should not be reloaned. To Dare Is To Do. To Dare Is To Do. is aware of this and we had a little back and forth. Class you cannot take away and he proves again that he has that uncanny ability to finish that so many people don't. Against the lower sides, where we don't have to work as hard defensively, I can see the point of keeping him. But I want us to press again, and against the good teams so I feel he is still a starter for only these type of games.

2) so much fun to watch a side that is loose. I know, it was SHU, who looked horrible, but we presses effectively, we smiled, we played one touch football. Some brilliant runs and overlaps. Good work guys.

3) mason deserves some plaudits. 4 games and already the team is having fun. Goal celebrations involving the whole team. Love it.

4) Dele. I am happy to see him back out there. Did some of the stuff that pisses people off, but he also did some things like occupying the holes and turning that we have missed. He will be fun to watch the rest of this year and we have to remember, this is a guy who scores and gets a lot of hockey assists.

5) Kane looked to have fun, even when off his game. But he also wasn't soley dropping deep. He occupied the CHs far more in this game and allowed Bale, Son and the midfielders a bit more time on the ball. He still dropped deep and picked his passes, but there was more to it.

Overall, a great win for the mentality of the team as they attempt to do what is statistically very difficult.

COYS

Just got a chance to watch it.

1) I have been on record saying Bale should not be reloaned. To Dare Is To Do. To Dare Is To Do. is aware of this and we had a little back and forth. Class you cannot take away and he proves again that he has that uncanny ability to finish that so many people don't. Against the lower sides, where we don't have to work as hard defensively, I can see the point of keeping him. But I want us to press again, and against the good teams so I feel he is still a starter for only these type of games.

2) so much fun to watch a side that is loose. I know, it was SHU, who looked horrible, but we presses effectively, we smiled, we played one touch football. Some brilliant runs and overlaps. Good work guys.

3) mason deserves some plaudits. 4 games and already the team is having fun. Goal celebrations involving the whole team. Love it.

4) Dele. I am happy to see him back out there. Did some of the stuff that pisses people off, but he also did some things like occupying the holes and turning that we have missed. He will be fun to watch the rest of this year and we have to remember, this is a guy who scores and gets a lot of hockey assists.

5) Kane looked to have fun, even when off his game. But he also wasn't soley dropping deep. He occupied the CHs far more in this game and allowed Bale, Son and the midfielders a bit more time on the ball. He still dropped deep and picked his passes, but there was more to it.

Overall, a great win for the mentality of the team as they attempt to do what is statistically very difficult.

COYS
Good analysis

1/ Bale is suitable to be a starter against the bottom 10 teams at the very least- which is 20 of the 38 PL games. Will also be handy off the bench against big teams because he is a potential match winner.
A bit more controversially, I think Bale should be the back-up CF next season, especially with Vinicius departing and the hope we can buy a quality RM like Buendia.

2/ I think we're good to watch when we dominate games because our attackers are talented and creative. A shame Ndombele didn't play today, he would have provided a lot of entertainment.
But to an extent Sheffield allowed us to have control because they were so poor with the ball.
There's a sharp contrast between our ability on the ball (great) and off the ball movement (catastrophically bad). That didn't get exposed today, but against many on form teams, it has. Whoever the new coach is needs to bridge that gap.

3/ I support Mason and wish him the best of luck; but not totally sold on all his decision making. For example I hope he gives Ndombele and Rodon a chance to shine at some point.

4/ Dele missed a few simple passes, but did try hard. We should sell him if a good offer comes in, but that's unlikely due to Covid recession. We have to find a way for him to build his confidence back.

5/ Kane may have had an off day, but I loved his first touch through ball in the first half to Bale.

...probably our most skilled starting lineup today (Tanguy v. Dele arguable) - coaching seems to be emphasizing 1-touch passing and tight groupings with multiple short-range options over Mou looking for the 40-yard thread-the-needle worldie pass to connect our midfield to the forwards...

...Mason needs to keep Bale and Dele motivated, manage PEH/Sonny/Kane minutes, and enforce defensive discipline on Reggie/Aurier to give us the best chance moving forward...

COYS
P.S. Wanks sux ;)

Even if its not intentional (it is) surely if falls under the banner of endangering an opponent through reckless play anyway.

I dont have a problem with you.
I have a problem with the stuff you post, because a lot of it is facile and risible. So just as you have the right to express your opinion, I have the right to express my opinion about the stuff you post.
There are a lot of people who post in waves, endorsing commonly expressed opinions about the failings of players who represent the team I support. You are an opinion sheep who happily jumps on bandwagons, presumably to curry favour with similarly likeminded posters, so you feel part of a movement.
To your credit you are not an obnoxious poster, who resorts to schoolboy insults like the "wanks" brigade
But to me there is little difference between the people who hide behind the anonymity of social media to post insults and derision about footballers supposed failings and people who post obnoxious racist remarks about sports personalities.
Ignorant abuse from behind your keyboard about someone you are not fit to judge, is the same kind of spineless cowardice whether its racist or just plain ignorant personal abuse.
Ignorant abuse? "Dele has been poor so far"

your last paragraph is quite scary tbh. I'm going to refrain from responding to you from now on because I genuinely think you have issues. Good luck and take care of yourself.

Back
Top Bottom