Tottenham vs City - EFL Cup Final - Ref Fucks Up

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe the ref did fuck up,but lets be honest here,we were never at the races were we?
Gutted with that performance to be honest,more so than the result.

As for Ryan,he still hasn't been in the job a week,so wont be giving him any real grief.

Fairy snuff, Guido ... re: Bale, I look at the way he is with the Wales national team, he is seen as the senior player and he reacts well to that.
I would not see him as a full time talisman in our team, but I thought with Mason being a rookie and the team generally being overawed by a final, that Bale carries with him the respect of experience and success when it comes to football finals. I just thought that we could have utilised that better yesterday.

Of course, it’s all a moot point, it’s history now, let’s hope for a fresh new start next season ... or maybe a winning run of games into top four this season?
I know, I know...... hope springs eternal in the mind of a Spurs fan!
But that's the point, Wales are like the West Ham example, they are shit.

He is part of a failed experiment and should be nowhere near Spurs next season if we are to rebuild into a young vibrant team once again.

Whatever the differences of opinion there are with him, he simply doesn't justify his £200k per week we pay him (£600k pw all in neto). Even if he becomes a super-sub, he doesn't justify his wages. He simply doesn't fit and even more damming he doesn't fit into a low-block Mourinho team or a high pressing, high energy team (which I hope we attempt to rebuild back into one).

First time posting after yesterday, I have not read any comments, these are my views.

1. Not sure about the tactics in the first half.
2. Man City center backs should both have been booked.
3. The Ref was poor we should have had a foul at the other end of the pitch for the foul by Walker on Reguilon.
4. City were the better side but why shouldn't they be there has been about £1.5 billion worth of money invested into the team by human rights abuser. (It is my belief that blood money needs to be removed from the game it is ridiculous that teams like City and Chelsea exist the Government need to do something about sports washing.)
5. I do not blame Ryan Mason he could be a very good manager in the future but it is too early for him as a manager to turn things round in less than a week. Jose Mourinho would not have done any better in the game.
6. Daniel Levy needs to take notice. I am not sure what the plan is at the moment and I have not been sure what he has been thinking since the day he sacked Poch and appointed Mourinho. This summer is now do or die for Spurs if we get the management choice or the transfer business wrong it is the end of our challenge for the top 4 places.

I thought our mascots were fucking woeful and have been all season. They set the tone for the game and failed to get the players in the right frame of mind. Molly (9) said her mind was elsewhere as she had run out of yellow crayons and she just lost her concentration. What sort excuse was that!
Not good enough. Sack them all.
Molly deserves everything she gets choosing yellow crayons as it sets a bad precedent!

At 9 she doesn’t have the experience required for this important position !

Levy needs to flush her and hire someone who knows everything there is to know about football and has at least 40 years experience as a professional footballer

We can help Mr Levy with this and maybe the correct candidate is within our midst?

Previous applicants need not apply and must be prepared to audition in a tutu!

First time posting after yesterday, I have not read any comments, these are my views.

1. Not sure about the tactics in the first half.
2. Man City center backs should both have been booked.
3. The Ref was poor we should have had a foul at the other end of the pitch for the foul by Walker on Reguilon.
4. City were the better side but why shouldn't they be there has been about £1.5 billion worth of money invested into the team by human rights abuser. (It is my belief that blood money needs to be removed from the game it is ridiculous that teams like City and Chelsea exist the Government need to do something about sports washing.)
5. I do not blame Ryan Mason he could be a very good manager in the future but it is too early for him as a manager to turn things round in less than a week. Jose Mourinho would not have done any better in the game.
6. Daniel Levy needs to take notice. I am not sure what the plan is at the moment and I have not been sure what he has been thinking since the day he sacked Poch and appointed Mourinho. This summer is now do or die for Spurs if we get the management choice or the transfer business wrong it is the end of our challenge for the top 4 places.
Agree with 1,2,3,4 & 6

I partially agree with 5 but Ryan should never have started with Wanks or brought Sissoko on even with his limited experience

Yesterday was a failure in tactics and courage, we lacked the tactics to disarm the shitty team from the get go, and we lacked the courage to press them and harass them in the same way they disarmed us. Ryan lacked the courage to give the hook to a few players who just did not turn up.

Shitty were there for the taking, we just allowed them to dominate us, Pochettino would have ate them for breakfast in preparation and tactics and on field coaching. We have lost two years on development and we have a unsettled team.

And then they get ripped for not letting the game flow, especially in finals.

He let our players off with yellows too, but no one has mentioned this. If La Porte was "lucky to be on the pitch" then so too was Reggie, no? Fairly sure that Lo Celso got away with a couple also.
Difference is.... Reguillon & Lo Celso didn't score our winning goal... THAT'S why it hurts!
Had everyone who deserved to get sent off got sent off, then 10 v 10 may have produced a different result.... but it probably wouldn't have!

Laporte scores a goal on a pitch he had no right to be on.... Reggie didn't!
That hurts!

Difference is.... Reguillon & Lo Celso didn't score our winning goal... THAT'S why it hurts!
Had everyone who deserved to get sent off got sent off, then 10 v 10 may have produced a different result.... but it probably wouldn't have!

That hurts!
So the referee clearly influenced the result of the game which Shitty won by cheating!

Thank you

Agree with 1,2,3,4 & 6

I partially agree with 5 but Ryan should never have started with Wanks or brought Sissoko on even with his limited experience
I agree should never have started have started Winks or brought on Sissoko but I am only not blaming him because I assume he is not going to be our manager next season. The fact is this summer is do or die for Spurs and I have no clue what the next step is. I find it difficult to understand what most of the names who have been linked will bring that will get us back into the top 4. If we are not planning any revamp of the squad I do not see how we get top 4 next season with Liverpool probably being back.

It seems like we have made way too many mistakes over the years and there seems to be very little plan with transfers since we appointed Poch even if we got lucky two or three times. I dislike Levy more for this than anything to do with the ESL.

That hurts!

But if either had received the first yellow, chances are second offence would not have been committed by the players concerned. I am sure Laporte would not, there were other covering players around him.

Also Reguilon instance happened earlier. If he by your logic had been sent off, chances are we would have sacrificed Moura to bring on a left back, so Laporte wouldn't have been abe to foul a player that wasn't on the pitch.

It is a total reach. Yes maybe it hurts, but is just a very poor excuse, and contain so many assumptions.

I thought our mascots were fucking woeful and have been all season. They set the tone for the game and failed to get the players in the right frame of mind. Molly (9) said her mind was elsewhere as she had run out of yellow crayons and she just lost her concentration. What sort excuse was that!
Not good enough. Sack them all.
The way Daniel is with Managers, i half expect Molly to be named head coach next season.She is only a bit younger than Ryan after all...

Selling Walker five years ago and still failing to replace him as he wins more in them five years with City than our whole club has won in 50+just about sums up the state of the people running our club.

That hurts!
Football isn't binary. Had he been given a yellow for his first tackle he wouldn't have made another yellow offence tackle, just like he didn't when he did receive his yellow. Just like all their other players on yellows didn't.

Agree with 1,2,3,4 & 6

You don’t have to have tons of experience to know that the decisions he made were terrible and I wish people would stop making excuses for him. The players were shite without a doubt but you have to select your best 11 in a cup final from the off to give yourselves a chance. Get an alternative caretaker now so that we may salvage something from the season. Our remaining games are all winnable if you pick the right team and employ the right tactics and clearly Ryan can’t do this. Nice man he maybe but no room for sentiment in this game.

Selling Walker five years ago and still failing to replace him as he wins more in them five years with City than our whole club has won in 50+just about sums up the state of the people running our club.
Our cunt owners are not interested in wining stuff - just maximizing their profits

Cmon - let's get real, peps teams are anti football?

I know what i'd prefer to watch out of our brand of nothingness and their 'anti-football'
That's not the point being made.

Pep is not anti football, in possession of the ball.

But his tactic of persistent tactical fouling is anti football. They make no attempt to win the ball back fairly. They are happy to give a little foul away so that they can regroup and get into shape.

Tactical fouling has just meant the art of tackling in modern football has gone. Part of the reason is also that good clean tackles particularly sliding tackles are getting penalised by the refs.

I hate tactical fouls but it's part of modern football.

We effectively signed Aurier and Sanchez for the Walker money

They might not have worked out - but it wasn't a crazy idea

Back
Top Bottom