Tottenham vs City - EFL Cup Final - Ref Fucks Up

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep it was his fault we lost today. I bet you’re gutted that you can’t blame him for the shit show we have just witnessed. Yes he has fitness issues but I bet we would have managed more than 2 attempts over 90 minutes had he been playing. I reckon that is probably the least attempts that any team has ever had in a final
Our total inability to do anything in the middle third or get Kane or Son anywhere near the opponents goal was entirely due to his absences. But week in week out the cretins talk about his lack of fitness they deserve every fucking sterile second of today. Flawed though N'dombele is Masons decision to leave killed what slim chance we had. him out

Resorting to personal abuse now???

Lost the argument and any credibility you had left

Clearly
I think it's weird for anyone to be rolling on the floor laughing whilst looking at their team's lack of attacking threat. Maybe you pay ladies to stand on your testicles with high heels to get your kicks, whatever floats your boat I guess.

Our invisible midfield is still our biggest issue. Despite £100 million odd spent. The only bright lights I can see on the horizon are the return of Skipp and a better Gio (if he can stay injury free).

Both leaps of faith.

We supposedly have top class players and yet sometimes you would think our players had just been shown a ball.

We need to know who we are buying and with respect some of the purchases of the last 5 or 6 years have been very poorly considered.

Result is where we are today.

Skipp and Lo Celso - part of the solution? Not sure on that.

Last edited:
I think it's weird for anyone to be rolling on the floor laughing whilst looking at their team's lack of attacking threat. Maybe you pay ladies to stand on your testicles with high heels to get your kicks, whatever floats your boat I guess.
City where shit by there standards so where we nothing more.

Wrong poster mate

Why is that what you like?

Really?

I was giving laughing emojis at some of your posts
That’s all so own it instead of getting childish

We had ONE counter all game. The others were snuffed out brilliantly by City, it's what they do, it's what we used to do. I totally refute the 2nd yellow stuff, it's bogus, he wouldn't make a 2nd yellow tackle had he received one for the first foul (he proved this by not making one once he got the yellow), the team just passes around the responsibility to bring down a player.

I do think we should have played Tanguy but I don't think it would have made the slightest difference, he doesn't dominate midfields even when he beating oppo presses with line-breaking passes and dribbles.

Our issues are 2yrs of passive low-block boring football, not individual players and certainly not a rookie manager with 3days prep and dealing with clearing up the shite left behind Jose.

Not expecting Mason to be the one to fix it either.

And that one counter came due to the fact they couldn't make those fouls anymore. I guarantee when pep and the city defense saw those changes they was laughing there bollocks off.

It was a huge mistake mate no matter how you say it. Also Tanguy would have made a big difference IMO his ability to break that City press especially when it's full of tired legs was what we needed

Not Sissoko hiding in the midfield pointing and just being a useless fucking donkey

Never expected Mason to fix anything also I just expected someone who had watched a modicum of spurs to know how shit Sissoko is and that he shouldn't be in the side

They are one of the best sides in the world

Never disputed that so why do they need to resort to cynical fouling and cheating?

Baz doesn’t know best because he doesn’t use statistics or XG like you hipsters do
Because it makes them one of the best sides in the world. Because by doing it oppo teams rarely even get to fashion chances. Because it wins them games.

If you can combine skilful players with aggressivity it makes you a brilliant side.

Because it makes them one of the best sides in the world. Because by doing it oppo teams rarely even get to fashion chances. Because it wins them games.

If you can combine skilful players with aggressivity it makes you a brilliant side.
By agressivity (not sure that’s even a word) you mean cheating

Yeh that’s brilliant

Something tells me there might some mitigating factors of Say Chelsea and City being pumped by billions by oil Barron regimes.

Could just be a coincidence.
Woolwich, who believe they are in one of those worst footballing periods of their history, won 4 FA cups since 2014.

I don’t believe for a second we weren’t capable of similar.

Not giving a fuck about today regardless of the manager is nothing to be proud of. The result wouldn't have been any different. We only won in midweek because of a lucky challenge which was just about on the line for a pen. Against a bad Southampton team btw.
I wasn’t proud of it. I was noting that a Spurs that play like cowards under a miserable cunt who blames everyone but himself for self-induced errors is not going to hold my interest. A Spurs struggling under an interim manager I can forgive.

I agree with this.
but we don’t have the team for that.

And that one counter came due to the fact they couldn't make those fouls anymore. I guarantee when pep and the city defense saw those changes they was laughing there bollocks off.

It was a huge mistake mate no matter how you say it. Also Tanguy would have made a big difference IMO his ability to break that City press especially when it's full of tired legs was what we needed

Not Sissoko hiding in the midfield pointing and just being a useless fucking donkey

Never expected Mason to fix anything also I just expected someone who had watched a modicum of spurs to know how shit Sissoko is and that he shouldn't be in the side
I know Sissoko's a donkey and I've said I would have played Ndombele but we were so comprehensively outplayed it wouldn't have made the slightest difference. There was literally nothing there to suggest otherwise on which to base any other conclusions from. A ball from Ndombele to Son or Kane today and they would have struggled to beat their men 1v1, when the ball did get to them they lost their duels (albeit the balls to them weren't perfect and they were isolated).

Ndombele would have still lost his man from the corner, or is there and evidence that his corner defensive abilities are elite and changed the outcome?

The only thing that I saw as a remote possibility was forcing the game to extra-time (assuming the Kangeroo Cup has extra time???) and then holding on for penalties, and hope the form of our and their 'keepers continue to form (Hugo was on fire and the r"keeper chucked the ball into his own net against Chavs).

I don’t blame Mason at all. He’s never managed at this level. To expect him to make good calls is unreasonable. He’s being put in charge to compete with one of the most successful managers in football and a squad built with billions. To expect something out of this final is in my opinion unreasonable. If Jose was setting us up and we failed to win, then yes. We can blame Jose because he has the experience and understands what it takes at this level.

It's part of the game baz. We did it under Poch. It's not cheating, it's a foul and fouls are given for them.
It is cheating and I don’t think that we did it under Poch anywhere near to the extent that Pep’s teams do it and it’s not the game that I want us to play anyway

You might be happy with it but I’m not and I include falling over feigning injury like Lamela did against Utd getting Martial sent off
Pathetic imv

Back
Top Bottom