European Super League OFF; Spurs face withdrawal fee

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you support the European Super League

• Total voters
Absolute fucking disgrace, all of it. Mourinho was brought in to win us trophies and we sit through 18 months of diabolical football in empty stadiums and then SIX FUCKING DAYS before his first cup final we sack him for having the guts to stand up to this fucking horrific decision to try and kill football. Levy has shown how fucking little he cares about this club here, then that weak as piss press release trying to make it sound like it is a football decision when it is clearly because of the Super League - a Super League that I doubt will even fucking happen because of the reaction of the fans.

We now have six days to prepare for a cup final, our biggest game since the Champions League Final and have a 29 year old who was too shit to even warm our bench taking training when these spineless twats in our team wouldn't even give respect to one of the greatest managers of all time. And don't get me wrong, I never wanted Mourinho and can understand those that wanted him out but a lot of these players watched Ryan Mason play for us and struggle to pass the ball more than 5 metres and he's meant to get them up for a cup final. Don't get me wrong I like the guy but fuck me this is the worst timing of a managerial sacking ever.

We are a basket case, and we're trying to convince the world we deserve to be 'amongst Europe's elite' in this 12 team financial circlejerk. Fucking Disgrace.
That Mourinho refusing to take training thing is fake news

Hahaha, Betis have already deleted Madrid, FCB and Atleti from the league on their site and are celebrating climbing three places up the table

EzU-Hs-VgAU67SV

Made the top 4 a few times?

List the teams that have made the top 4 more than us the past 10 years.

I understand that people are mad at at this, but the need for Spurs fans to try and belittle our involvement is ridiculous. Of course we deserve to be there especially ahead of the other PL teams that are not there. None of them come close to deserving a spot.
No, we don't deserve to be in it, we are fucking 7th in the league behind West Ham and Leicester.
We deserve fuck all.

Put yourself in the shoes of a Leicester or West Ham fan right now, just try it.

This is an injustice, and the same people on here saying this is ok would be fucking livid if we weren't in it.

Relieved to see that the consensus on here appears to be against it.

If the domestic leagues and associations hold firm, this could die on the vine. Ban players from domestic leagues, ban them from international tournaments.

It's a plan that doesn't care less about the fans and given the statements from the supporter groups, I'd expect to see quiet crowds significantly below capacity, which isn't exactly great for tv.

Relieved to see that the consensus on here appears to be against it.

If the domestic leagues and associations hold firm, this could die on the vine. Ban players from domestic leagues, ban them from international tournaments.

It's a plan that doesn't care less about the fans and given the statements from the supporter groups, I'd expect to see quiet crowds significantly below capacity, which isn't exactly great for tv.
exactly. nip it in the bud. Harsh sanctions, a boycott by supporters, bankrupt the super league.

FIBA in basketball were lenient on the EuroLeague and it fucked the entire game

Even if the club gets all that money and plays in the premier league still won’t win shit because the other big clubs got even richer. It’s a lose lose situation for the fans. Levy and enic otherwise

Exactly this, we competed just fine with other 14 in the league and to be honest, were the best of them in recent times. This only widens the gap to them and does not close it to those above. Awful.

Back
Top Bottom