Aston villa vs Spurs Sunday 21st March 19:30 Sky Sports

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I did.

But, to be fair, he played really well. That hold-up play at the end on the left wing was just what we needed and Villa looked like it broke them.
Haha true. I went from thinking "OK 10min left we look solid" to "Oh shit Sissoko has 10 whole minutes to ruin this"

Anyone else enjoy that Tanganga tackle late on? Great to see the extra effort right at the end.

Weird reading this after the game. I don't think we played well. If we play like we did in the first 30 minutes often we will be punished (we do and we have).

Most matches we aren’t going to be coming off the most humiliating result in the history of Tottenham.

The players gave the maximum effort they could in high pressure circumstances. Credit to them. It wasn’t the highest quality but every player was ready to compete. That’s what we have to demand.

Not a great performance but the effort was spot on by almost every player. One could fault individual ability but you cant question the shift they each put in.

I have never liked Mike Dean. Villa seemed to have come out in the 2nd half with clear intent to get physical and target our skill players, and the idiot just let it happen.

Very professional, had heart, desire to win the second ball, pressed and bodies on the line when required. Not pretty in spells but it had what we needed and that was a fucking spine.

Lucas and Tanganga absolutely outstanding, the same for Rodon and Harry. Davinson good in large parts but had a wobble or two, the same with Hojbjerg.

They fought, it was the only reaction we required and fair play to the manager for the changes,

Point behind West Ham with a better goal difference.
:tobyarm:
Let’s catch them
Even if we don't get top 4, I will get a sick, disgusting, perverse sense of satisfaction if we finish above West Ham and Woolwich in what can only be described as shit sandwich of a season.

We are terrible, how bad must that lot be to finish below us?

Even if we don't get top 4, I will get a sick, disgusting, perverse sense of satisfaction if we finish above West Ham and Woolwich in what can only be described as shit sandwich of a season.

We are terrible, how bad must that lot be to finish below us?

We got 5th before in the AVB/Sherwood season and that seemed like a miracle. Anything is possible.

Back
Top Bottom