Woolwich Scum away Sunday 14 March 4.30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From 10-minutes in my Mrs knew we were getting battered down our right hand side, it was obvious that Doc was being targeted. Luiz had all the time in the world to spray balls down that sideas no one was pressing him. Just a simple change of tactic was to switch Bale and Lucas and for the life of me I can’t see how José couldn’t see that

I’m not having any of this, like it or loathe it this time of the season it’s about results and especially in our situation where we completed the most matches out of all the teams in the league

Michael Oliver gave them a penalty that wasn’t and we subsequently lost due to that goal

Had Sanchez scuffed a pass to Lacazette who went on to score from that error, we’d be all in agreement Sanchez lost us the match there would have been secondary discussions about poor play but the source of the L would have been unanimous

So why isn’t the ref in this instance more vilified? His poor decision cost us the goal that won the match

I’ve seen us play sides off the park and still lose

No I’m not blinded by his failings
I’m painfully aware of them

I’m just hoping that he can turn it around for all our sakes

I am aware of his record though and it didn’t end in 2010
He did well at Utd despite it not going well!

I just feel that to sack him now would be premature and if we’re in a similar position at this time next season then yes get rid at the end of it

I think that’s what Levy will do
Then more fool Levy, because if we win nothing this season and miss out on the ECL and invite Jose back next year to bore us to tears nd piss us off, I've no doubt Levy will be feeling the full force of the support.

Don't look back at what Mourinho did previously, it doesn't compare. And considering he spent £420 million in 18 months at Man Ure to win the "Big boys don't give a fuck European cup" and the weakest domestic competition available with their squad wasn't the mark of a footballing stemroller.

lso, remember second place in the league is what many on here ridiculed Poch for doing, so it's not like it was a great achievement.

Woolwich build from the back, we press with Kane.

We try to build from the back, they press with the whole team.

Then we shit the bed and lump it forward. Not only that but because we’re overrun in midfield, our attacking players have to track back deeper and deeper, leaving Kane with absolutely no support as a targetman and therefore our only counter-attacking pattern being brough to 0.

How some people refuse to acknowledge how fucking poor tactically we are when all the evidence is there to see is baffling.

Thanks for this. I don't know so much about formation and tactics, but I felt that we should have been high pressing from the get go. Why high press Palace and not Gooners?

I’m not having any of this, like it or loathe it this time of the season it’s about results and especially in our situation where we completed the most matches out of all the teams in the league

Michael Oliver gave them a penalty that wasn’t and we subsequently lost due to that goal

Had Sanchez scuffed a pass to Lacazette who went on to score from that error, we’d be all in agreement Sanchez lost us the match there would have been secondary discussions about poor play but the source of the L would have been unanimous

So why isn’t the ref in this instance more vilified? His poor decision cost us the goal that won the match

I’ve seen us play sides off the park and still lose

What annoyed me most about the pen was that Oliver called it like there was no doubt in his mind. He should be able to say 'possible pen', 'let me have a look at the replay' and then talk it through with VAR like in rugby.

The game has been slowed down anyway with VAR, so we may as well use it to get the right decisions.

What do you expect from no Mark cunts like AFTV?
That baldy cunt in the corner was on a pre-match preview with Chris Cowling on his YouTube channel hope Cowling has watched that and is as disgusted with it as the rest of us and never interacts with the parasite again.

Thanks for this. I don't know so much about formation and tactics, but I felt that we should have been high pressing from the get go. Why high press Palace and not Gooners?
Fear. Cowardice. Meekness. We shat ourselves playing a mid-table team whose only asset is their history against us. We gave them far more respect than they ever deserved. Witness the last 15 mins: They were bricking it and we had ten men. An attacking 11-man Spurs team could have battered these pricks from the off. Instead we crept out like mice doing fuck all and daring to do fuck all, giving them the time and space to build their confidence.

Jose's tactics suck. Our team are mentally weak. Fuck em all until Thursday, when I expect to witness genuine bully boy fury.

Still gutted to lose to 'them'....but after a good nights sleep and a much clearer head.....

The Penalty was worse than harsh, it was 100% incorrect and the ref messed up (shocked he didn't even review it), and when was the last time you saw a pen given AFTER the forward has struck the ball and missed? Oliver does this a lot, he makes snap decisions that are wrong 50% of the time.

Picking Doherty was a bad call by Jose, I'd have gone for Aurier or even Tanganga instead...Doherty is not good enough and we had other options...this was all on Jose imo.

The 'tactics' were not the problem...fatigue was the problem....look at who struggled (Kane, Bale, Son etc), all players who have played a lot recently...to me it was obvious they were all shattered from about 15/20 mins in.

Anyone thinking Jose sent the team out to be as passive as we were should just get real....I saw a vague game plan (similar to the game at WHL), but I also saw it being attempted by a group of worn out players, which was not going to end well.

Woolwich played well, no denying that....but not well enough to beat us without the red card and the non-penalty, so I 'm not too concerned about being beaten by their 'superior game'....any other day it's a draw...and they got lucky.

All yesterday did was reduce our top 4 hopes....they are now pretty slim to none. The scum are still looking up to us and we have more to play for than a lot of other teams. Sure, it stings when the scum get the win, but the pain will soon pass when we're in the EL draw this Friday lunchtime and we go on a run over the next few games.

One last thought...how great would it be to draw Woolwich in the EL?...It would be a perfect opportunity to have the last laugh and totally kill off their season...bring 'em on!

COYS

One last thought...how great would it be to draw Woolwich in the EL?...It would be a perfect opportunity to have the last laugh and totally kill off their season...bring 'em on!
With our cowardly manager serving us up another helping of spineless shite like yesterday, over two legs? It would be bloody heartbreaking.

With our cowardly manager serving us up another helping of spineless shite like yesterday, over two legs? It would be bloody heartbreaking.
Which is an opinion you're entitled to...

I prefer to think that drawing the scum would pretty much guarantee that we would exact revenge for yesterday...and we didn't lose yesterday because our manager is a 'coward'....which is an opinion I'm happy to stand by.

Which is an opinion you're entitled to...

I prefer to think that drawing the scum would pretty much guarantee that we would exact revenge for yesterday...and we didn't lose yesterday because our manager is a 'coward'....which is an opinion I'm happy to stand by.
Well I wouldn’t want to be in the metaphorical trenches with him when things got tough. He pretty much blamed the players yesterday , plus the officials.

I genuinely don’t know the answer to this, but he has been a manager a very long time now, has he ever accepted responsibility for a bad result?
If he has I cannot recall it , so would be curious to see if anyone can recall and even better provide an appropriate clip.

That baldy cunt in the corner was on a pre-match preview with Chris Cowling on his YouTube channel hope Cowling has watched that and is as disgusted with it as the rest of us and never interacts with the parasite again.
I've met Chris and like him a lot but why the fuck is he having that baldy shitbird on a Spurs channel??

I've no problem with respectful opposing fans but when it's gooner vermin like him, they should never be given a platform on a Spurs channel.

Well I wouldn’t want to be in the metaphorical trenches with him when things got tough. He pretty much blamed the players yesterday , plus the officials.

I genuinely don’t know the answer to this, but he has been a manager a very long time now, has he ever accepted responsibility for a bad result?
If he has I cannot recall it , so would be curious to see if anyone can recall and even better provide an appropriate clip.
Well after yesterday he said...

"I'm not going to mention individuals as the team is the team. I belong to the team and I am just as gas the players for the first half."

Back
Top Bottom