Tottenham Hotspur FC - Crystal Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Havent had a second look, but initial impression was that Sanchez lost his man and the gap between him and Toby could fit 11 gentle giants
Big Dave switched off and wasn't holding the line, hence playing Benteke on when he was caught flat footed with a 6ft 4in striker fucking behind him and a cross coming in. It looked like Toby was trying to tell him to step up or watch Benteke, even when Sanchez has a 'good' game he's not good, still can't pass over 25 yards.

Doherty (who I thought had a good game) wasn't really at fault either, Bale had a hand in the build up, he was in the middle of it all marking nobody really and that's what created the space.

Pissed when we conceded that goal.
Sanchez/Doherty poor on that side to let the goal in but apart from that very solid defensively and also it probably helped us win the game.

If we go in at 1-0 perhaps we don't start that 2nd half so well. So we needed that goal to spur us on tbh.
Exactly what Jose said. he was glad Palace scored cos it stopped us retreating into our shell... which is interesting cos it makes it sound like Jose wants us to play positive attacking football.

It’s become enjoyable to watch Spurs again. Good performance, great result.

Lucas put in an absolute shift.
Our front 3 are as good as anyone in the league (world?)
Souness and Keane are bitter bellends.
Harry’s 1st goal 😍
We don’t even look like we’re going to concede every time a team attacks any more.
Bale is absolute class.

Thank you THFC. I needed that.

p.s. Is it just me that snorts each time Autocorrect changes Souness to sourness?

Screenshot-2021-03-07-22-15-15-225-com-android-chrome.jpg

Gotta give you a lob on!!
This is the fantasy we all had in mind when the Bale loan signing was getting mooted and then finally happened. It took a while but goddamn is it sexy.

Pissed when we conceded that goal.
Sanchez/Doherty poor on that side to let the goal in but apart from that very solid defensively and also it probably helped us win the game.

If we go in at 1-0 perhaps we don't start that 2nd half so well. So we needed that goal to spur us on tbh.
I don’t know how anyone can blame the CB’s for the goal. If you allow a free cross and it’s a perfectly heighted ball for benteke, very few CB’s can challenge him for that.

Every single cross goal is not automatically on the cb’s.

I don’t know how anyone can blame the CB’s for the goal. If you allow a free cross and it’s a perfectly heighted ball for benteke, very few CB’s can challenge him for that.

Agree. This is actually something that annoys me about the “individual mistakes” line we sometimes get.

Virtually every goal ever scored I could slow down and show an individual defending mistake that led to it. It’s almost a useless statement.

Last edited:

Well we allowed 27 crosses versus Man City at home and conceded none, were they all the wrong height? - your theory is very obviously flawed.

Every corner is a free cross - strange but every corner doesn't lead to a goal so are they all the wrong height? - again your theory is very obviously flawed.

CB's can of course challenge for every single cross if they are in the right place and attacking the ball ... when you only have one attacking player to mark not getting off the ground to defend a cross 100% that's poor defending by the CB's, sure if no crosses ever happened then no blame would ever fall on the CB's but then if your auntie had balls she'd be your uncle .... that's not happening in the real world.

Neither Toby, the senior CB, or Sanchez defended Benteke properly for that goal - of course they share the blame with Bale for switching off, and Doherty being slow to close down - but at the end of the day CB's should be marking the loan CF's that's their job.

Back
Top Bottom