Man City v Spurs - PL Sat 13th Feb 17:30 GMT - Live on Sky Sports

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know we have been playing absolute shite lately..... But the officials are giving us absolutely nothing whilst simultaneously giving everyone against us the benefit of the doubt and every advantage on every 50 50

I really do think Jose has lost the players. They don’t care. At all.
Yet in the last couple of games before this they have worked their arses off and looked absolutely up for it...

We need to retain a bit of context here. Man City are by miles the best team in the league, Pep has actually in my opinion done a poor job in the last couple of years, as with this squad they should be winning the league by 20 points every year.

None of us with any sense expected anything other than a comprehensive beating tonight - we have got what we expected. The real challenge is what we do next - win the next 3 and everything looks relatively rosy (for a club of our stature and resources) - fail to win at least 2 of the next 3, and of course Jose's head will be on the block...

Jose can't seem to, Poch in his last year couldn't seem to either.

The problem is that COVID hit at a time when we really needed to shift players on, even more fringy players at discounted amounts. We have way too much deadwood that has been here far too long. Nobody is buying players like that right now though.
Something went wrong with poch couple months prior to the cup final

fuck knows what. But OG Poch would do something with this lot

jose just looks like he’s sucked the living soul from them all

Imagine traveling around Europe and South America and asking hundreds of thousands of football fans to name the best players in the world ever and imagining that Ndombele, Son or Kane’s name would once pop up.

Outside of this fan base no one thinks that.

Yet again the evidence is there today......if playing with Moura and Davies makes you play like Moura and Davies instead of standing out, well then we’ve just got a very very average team I’m afraid

Elephant on the room can’t be ignored, we don’t have big game players, just players that think they are
Kane and Son are global you attention seeker

Up to the penalty I thought we started well , then it just went to shit
That's us though innit? Concede and we give up...
as opposed to every OTHER club we score against, who dig in and inevitably equalise/win!

It's a mentality thing... something no Spurs manager (including Special Jose) has managed to address!

Back
Top Bottom