Chelsea (H) 4/2/2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know some have always been skeptical of Mourinho‘s style, but for most of his time here you’d could see what he was trying to do and there were certain things we did well.

That’s all gone now, this is entirely different. We can’t do anything well, doesn’t look like there’s a plan tactically, even defensively.

Dressing room might be gone, tbh.
Yea that's what gets me. We all knew what we were in for with Jose football, it was never going to be pretty free flowing football.

The two losses, and potentially one today isn't really what shits me the most, it's the consistency to play tactics that clearly don't work without Kane.

A part of me woke up this morning thinking there was a glimmer of hope that Jose would realise that another performance like the Brighton one isn't on, and that we'd try to play some sort of more attacking football rather than continuing to bang his head against the same wall. Dreaming though.

Anybody else just watching spurs games out of habit and just watch the games with no feeling? If we werent in lockdown I'd sack it off
I'm way more pathetic than this. I still organize my week so that I am watching the matches. I still read everything I can find on Spurs. I still refresh like an idiot an hour before the match for the lineup. I know what is coming. We are so bad right now. But it still fucking guts me. I can't help it.

:levystare:

Over ENIC's tenure our turnover has gone from <8% of the world's wealthiest club to around 40%. We built maybe the best stadium in the world and one of the greatest training centres in football.

He's made some horrific mistakes on the footballing side of running the club, but Tottenham Hotspur are much, much, much better off for his efforts elsewhere in running the club. Refuting that requires blinders.

We need a DoF to run the footballing side, but we'd be stupid as fuck to lose Levy as Chairman.
ld-talking.jpg

I was there son, I remember those heady days when we increased our turnover from 8 to 40 percent.

Ahhhh the golden years.

Pass, pass, pass.

How about we don't sack Jose just to go with his Spanish brother boring Benitez or Portuguese cousin Nuno.

Do some fans hate us so much that they want us to go from one brand of terrible football to another?
Don’t want Nuno
Don’t want Benitez next season
Do want Jose gone regardless and do want a cup this season

:levystare:

Over ENIC's tenure our turnover has gone from <8% of the world's wealthiest club to around 40%. We built maybe the best stadium in the world and one of the greatest training centres in football.

He's made some horrific mistakes on the footballing side of running the club, but Tottenham Hotspur are much, much, much better off for his efforts elsewhere in running the club. Refuting that requires blinders.

We need a DoF to run the footballing side, but we'd be stupid as fuck to lose Levy as Chairman.
Must remember to meet my mates post Covid to celebrate the training ground

This this is a total mare… reminds me of the last season under Poch… The defence won’t push up as they’re too slow, the attackers won’t drop and the pivots have to sit and protect the defend…. No one shows… and there’s a huge space in front of the back 6 for the opposition.

It was like as soon as Dembele left and ‘good’ Dier got ill, it all fell apart.

I know some have always been skeptical of Mourinho‘s style, but for most of his time here you’d could see what he was trying to do and there were certain things we did well.

That’s all gone now, this is entirely different. We can’t do anything well, doesn’t look like there’s a plan tactically, even defensively.

Dressing room might be gone, tbh.
Hes finished at the club. Couldn't be more obvious

As a young black coach there would be a lot of good will in the media for him to succeed.

Yeah, totally agree. Though I think realistically it’d only be a ceremonial short term interim role like Duncan Ferguson at Everton or Ljunberg at Woolwich.

I’m hoping and praying Ledley is our manager someday but we definitely don’t need to rush him in like Chelsea did with Lampard. I think he’s even still working on a few of his coaching badges.

But it’d be a great moment to see him get a few games on the touch line.

Poor to a man. JJ spot on there, the body language and attitude is that of a team that has thrown in the towel. Stinking the gaff up as we knew we would.

Mourinho has to be fucked off but theres a few out there absolutely not fit to wear the shirt.

The lack of professionalism from the players is shocking.

Is this actually true? Fucking hell.

It sure looks about right. We aren't even trying to put pressure on at the moment. They are passing slowly and we aren't even putting on pressure. They are walking the ball up the pitch and we walk backwards.

This is a team that has lost all belief or just couldn't possibly care at the moment.

Either Mourinho is a woeful coach when it comes to teaching a team how to press.

Or the players have given up with him.
We have 4 players jogging around inside their half when their defenders have the ball. The press is so bad the ball is played straight through because of the next bank of players is so far back. Sissoko is trackin werner back into our defence which leaves peh with 3 chelsea players to content with.
So tactically inept. That might be ok if we didnt have braindead players like dier 🤷‍♂️

I did think they were passing very well. Good close control too. But I won't praise them any more than that.
Don't think they are particularly passing well from what I have seen. Just average.. but it's like our team have been told not to press and give their defence lots of space to pass it around freely.

Back
Top Bottom