Who do you THINK will be our next manager

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who's the next mug

• Mourinho

Votes: 66 25.1%
  • Ancellotti

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • Klopp

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Pep

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Dyche

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sherwood

• Harry

• Howe

Votes: 30 11.4%
  • Potter

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Big Fat Sam

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Jesus

• Wilder

• Allegri

Votes: 26 9.9%
  • Benitez

Votes: 26 9.9%
  • Simeone

• Valverde

• Zidane

• Pulis

• Lopetegui

• ten Haag

Votes: 21 8.0%
  • Levy

Votes: 20 7.6%
  • Espirito Santo

Votes: 13 4.9%
  • Rodgers

Votes: 15 5.7%
  • Luis Enrique

• Gallardo

• Total voters
I'd be happy with anyone who wants a future at this club, wants to take this club to the next level but has a proven track record of playing exciting football and being able to implement that to a squad of players that are seemingly worse than ours.

Pochettino fit us like a glove in that respect.

I'd be happy with Hassenhuttl, Nagelsman, Gallardo or Rose just off the top of my head.

I don't think Nagelsman would come to Spurs unless we got Champions League football next season - though I think he'd love the challenge. I've heard Gallardo could be next on Real Madrids list? and Marco Rose is probably the biggest gamble out of those there, but I loved his Leipzig team.

Which sort of leaves Hassenhuttl. Who I think does tick a fair few boxes for Levy.

- Premier League proven
- Can implement a system
- Plays football the right way

I'd be happy with anyone who wants a future at this club, wants to take this club to the next level but has a proven track record of playing exciting football and being able to implement that to a squad of players that are seemingly worse than ours.

Pochettino fit us like a glove in that respect.

I'd be happy with Hassenhuttl, Nagelsman, Gallardo or Rose just off the top of my head.

I don't think Nagelsman would come to Spurs unless we got Champions League football next season - though I think he'd love the challenge. I've heard Gallardo could be next on Real Madrids list? and Marco Rose is probably the biggest gamble out of those there, but I loved his Leipzig team.

Which sort of leaves Hassenhuttl. Who I think does tick a fair few boxes for Levy.

- Premier League proven
- Can implement a system
- Plays football the right way
I’d be happy with any of those at this point, but it goes with out saying that none of them will turn up mid-season.

The more pressing concern for me is what do we do in the mean time? Just give Ledley the caretaker job until the end of the season?

Is there even any chance Jose will be sacked before the season ends considering he is still in all 3 cups ?

I’d be happy with any of those at this point, but it goes with out saying that none of them will turn up mid-season.

The more pressing concern for me is what do we do in the mean time? Just give Ledley the caretaker job until the end of the season?

Is there even any chance Jose will be sacked before the season ends considering he is still in all 3 cups ?

I think Levy will give him until the end of the season. But he'll be tapping up and hunting down our new manager for the summer.

Only way Mourinho doesn't make it that far is if he quits or if we lose about 8 games on the bounce, fall so far behind top 4 that we don't even bother seeing how he does in the cups.

I think Levy will give him until the end of the season. But he'll be tapping up and hunting down our new manager for the summer.

Only way Mourinho doesn't make it that far is if he quits or if we lose about 8 games on the bounce, fall so far behind top 4 that we don't even bother seeing how he does in the cups.
I think you are right about giving him until
The end of the season and it’s so frustrating because if we do that then I can see him hanging on until well in to next season.

Jose will end up winning us the Europa league playing shit football just like he did at United and then it’s impossible for Levy to sack him. . .

I mean we have 2 wins in 8 matches, surely 3 more games with out a win and Levy would have to be close to action?

The end of the season and it’s so frustrating because if we do that then I can see him hanging on until well in to next season.

Jose will end up winning us the Europa league playing shit football just like he did at United and then it’s impossible for Levy to sack him. . .

I mean we have 2 wins in 8 matches, surely 3 more games with out a win and Levy would have to be close to action?

If we lose to Chelsea, disappoint against West Brom and then get knocked out of the FA Cup by Everton - I think he could be close.

If we win the Europa League playing shit football, I'll take it. It will be worth keeping Jose on!

We had a bad patch last year for a while, but turned it around. We're still in all the cups. If we turn this bad patch around and win a cup, I'd call that a pretty good year!

Struggling to defend some of the football at the moment though...

Levy will be in no hurry to pay out Jose's massive contract. He will hang on to him as long as he can.

Wouldn't count on that.

League prize money
European qualification next season
Player values dropping because of the way a) he is ostracising b) they are performing under his tactics

These are all dropping by the game the longer he is here.

And then there are the intangibles, fan displeasure, negative media coverage, players morale, fans potential to turn on owners.

I honestly think Lose to Chelsea it is 50/50, Lose to Chelsea and don't beat West Brom, it is 90% he pulls plug.

Last edited:
If we lose to Chelsea, disappoint against West Brom and then get knocked out of the FA Cup by Everton - I think he could be close.
I'd add two weeks to that to see how he fares against Wolfsberg. Although you could argue that if we drop of out the FA, Europa League, and include some league losses that the damage would be done already.

Personally I'm still not convinced he's going anywhere this season.

Wouldn't count on that.

League prize money
European qualification next season
Player values dropping because of the way a) he is ostracising b) they are performing under his tactics

These are all dropping by the game the longer he is here.

And then there are the intangibles, fan displeasure, negative media coverage, players morale, fans potential to turn on owners

I honestly think Lose to Chelsea it is 50/50, Lose to Chelsea and don't beat West Brom, it is 90% he pulls plug.

But who is he likely bringing in to get us to a higher finish to get those rewards?

Doubtful he is paying a big name out of work right now after the Jose reign. They will want big money and big guarantees.

Not sure he will be able to get someone already employed midseason.

If he fires Jose it likely means replacing him with a guy like Ledley or Mason or maybe you get Howe on a cheapish deal to come in short term and try to earn and bigger deal. With the first two options not sure they are taking us to top 4 or EL win, although I doubt Jose is either and the football would likely be better so fine by me but for Levy I think he still will believe that his best chance for CL football next year is Jose no matter what we have seen this year which clearly goes against that.

I would be shocked, happy though, to see Jose fired before the end of the season. Maybe if we lose the League Cup final and are out of EL he fires him then, especially if things are going like they are now but that late in the season not sure it would do much good.

I think he would get someone in short term, till end of season, heavily weighted towards bonuses for hitting targets.
Could be Eddie Howe, could even be Redknapp. Somebody who will allow the players to express themselves again and enjoy playing, similar to what Sherwood did at this time of the season.

Not sure he’s going anywhere soon, though last night was a devastatingly bad game of football.

What’s Klinsmann up to? I think he’d be higher on Levy’s short term replacement list than Harry...?

Back
Top Bottom