Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Firstly, I don't think slating players in here means a nuns scratch of her vagina. God will forgive and no players shall be harmed.

I want every player to play well. I want to win 4-1 and 7-2 at least twice 4 times every season. I want to win the league. I want to be competing in the cl every season and in 2 to 3 years I wouldn't mind winning it. With GB lifting the trophy.

When I say I don't rate a player for whatever reason it isn't because I want us to do bad. It's because I want us to do good.

I'm usually right.

Well im never wrong.

Of course I have, have you?

Because if you aren't aware that nearly everyone has an ulterior motive, well then it would lead me to think you are very naive.

There's this thing when you really get entrenched in a team, you become native. You physically want to strive to help the team. It's not an uncommon feeling but it is hard to make.

Walker has it. As does verts an off form Lennon too...I could go on.

I would welcome that same performance against stoke, lets see.

There's this thing when you really get entrenched in a team, you become native. You physically want to strive to help the team. It's not an uncommon feeling but it is hard to make.

Walker has it. As does verts an off form Lennon too...I could go on.

I would welcome that same performance against stoke, lets see.

So do you think if you were to say to Lennon, look we have an opportunity to sign Neymar, but the trade off is you won't get to play anymore, he would then turn around and say well if it benefits the team, he can have my place.

Of course not, and you wouldn't expect it, he's a professional, and as much as we would all like to think of this ideal scenario where the team is the number 1 priority, it's just not the case. You have to look out for yourself above everyone else if you want to succeed in your career.

If your boss came in, in the morning and said we're going to sack you because we found someone who does the job better, you're not going to and say well if it helps the business.. That's ridiculous. As much as you might adore the company you work for and wish it every success, you have to put your own needs first.

Just wanna throw it out there- I said Ade was still a big asset to the side before it was cool.

300px-The-very-best-of-the-hipster-ariel-meme.jpg

So do you think if you were to say to Lennon, look we have an opportunity to sign Neymar, but the trade off is you won't get to play anymore, he would then turn around and say well if it benefits the team, he can have my place.

Of course not, and you wouldn't expect it, he's a professional, and as much as we would all like to think of this ideal scenario where the team is the number 1 priority, it's just not the case. You have to look out for yourself above everyone else if you want to succeed in your career.

If your boss came in, in the morning and said we're going to sack you because we found someone who does the job better, you're not going to and say well if it helps the business.. That's ridiculous. As much as you might adore the company you work for and wish it every success, you have to put your own needs first.

I guess your last paragraph sums it up best. But if I use my brain smarts its probably better to start on paragraph one.

Lennon trains harder. When he gets his chance he smashes it (think Manu)

Players are pros. They get a paid a lot. They are very competitive, that is a shay. But if their group gets better than another group...... They will fight as a team.

I'm too bored.

That was Ade's best performance ever in a spurs kit and that goal definitely gave him a load of confidence. On a few occasions , he worked his way out of double team with brilliant hold up and lovely touch via his passing

Of course, one can probably argue that his goal was a bit of luck since I can't really recall another one of his finishes that was even close to that brilliance. Really , the best part about his game has always been that top class hold up play, working the possession and passing well with the MF to set up the attack.

I still don't think he is good enough up top but that game last night definitely speaks to his potential if he could ever put it all together on a consistent basis

Hey mate, not sure you should be posting here mid-game. How did you do that, anyway?

It's quite simple. The cunt did so little work not only can he tweet but during the game he also managed to build another 200 Wells in poorest Africa.

What a guy. He makes ace rimmer look like rimmer.

God bless Dempsey.

This is the Adebayor I want to see more regularly - he has worked his arse off, been good at holding the ball up, grabbed a few goals, was strong on the ball, rode challenges well and been a nightmare for defences. Why can't he do it more often? It's such a fucking shame as I think he's a brilliant striker on his day

This is the Adebayor I want to see more regularly - he has worked his arse off, been good at holding the ball up, grabbed a few goals, was strong on the ball, rode challenges well and been a nightmare for defences. Why can't he do it more often? It's such a fucking shame as I think he's a brilliant striker on his day
I think it's just him coming together again. He was out of fitness, no pre-season to get familiar with the system and manager, injuries stopped him getting that sorely needed fitness, and after far too long he's now comfortable with the new system, manager, (new) team-mates and fit

Earlier in the season, these chances weren't going in. Shame the season is coming to an end, hopefully he can bring this late surge into next season.

Back
Top Bottom