January 2021 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good, a striker is the last thing we need right now. We could use a new CB, creative midfielder, defensive midfielder, LB, or winger before another striker. Start using Vini, buy a winger so Son can move up to a second striker if needed and work on moving players we want to replace (Sissoko, Davies, Winks, Lucas, Lamela)

As long as Poch stays away from Harry and Sonny that will do me.
If PSG were to lose either Mbappe or Neymar next summer I'd worry about both kane and son

How long can we expect them to stick around? In the prime of their careers right now and so far no trophies to show for it

If PSG were to lose either Mbappe or Neymar next summer I'd worry about both kane and son

How long can we expect them to stick around? In the prime of their careers right now and so far no trophies to show for it

I very much doubt Kane will be here next season, he’ll be 28 next summer, it’s his last “prime” age to make that big move, and I can’t see him wanting stick around here touching the ball twice in the opponent’s half every game for another year, even if we win the caribou cup.

I very much doubt Kane will be here next season, he’ll be 28 next summer, it’s his last “prime” age to make that big move, and I can’t see him wanting stick around here touching the ball twice in the opponent’s half every game for another year, even if we win the caribou cup.
No one in world football will pay what we want for Kane, he will still be here during the 2021/2022 season

IF this season and next season end without a trophy and Jose is gone as our manager. Would you guys want to sell Kane/Son/Lloris to start rebuilding the squad for the new manager or would you be happy to keep them until they either retire or request a transfer? How long do you go with the current core before realizing a trophy will not come so it's time to start over?

The club e-mailed me to confirm Doherty is non-HG in Europe.
So currently we have in Europe
17 Non-HG
3 Association
4 Club Trained
Total 24 (Max allowed 25)
This does not include Rodon.
EPL
16 Non-HG
9 HG
Total 25 (Max allowed 25)
For Europe we are able to add a HG player but to buy a non-HG player we need to lose at least 2 non-HG players if Rodon is to be included in the EL squad.

No one in world football will pay what we want for Kane, he will still be here during the 2021/2022 season

How much do we want for Kane?

And how much is it if he tells Levy that he wants to go? Would Daniel keep him here and tell him too bad?

We may be lucky enough that Kane is such a good guy that he won't force a move, but also he has stayed and given everything to the club so he may think, rightfully so, that he has done his part and should be allowed to move on.

How much do we want for Kane?

And how much is it if he tells Levy that he wants to go? Would Daniel keep him here and tell him too bad?

We may be lucky enough that Kane is such a good guy that he won't force a move, but also he has stayed and given everything to the club so he may think, rightfully so, that he has done his part and should be allowed to move on.
Transfermarket has Kane listed for 108m, given his injury history and he's already going to be 28/29 by the time we sell him. I'd be happy with a price around that much. Would be close to what Hazard went for to Madrid.

United linked with Max Aarons. He wasn't actually great at the weekend, but been massively impressed with him for the most part this season. Was adamant we should have signed him during the summer and remain so.

United linked with Max Aarons. He wasn't actually great at the weekend, but been massively impressed with him for the most part this season. Was adamant we should have signed him during the summer and remain so.
Aarons and Lewis were two that I really wanted. I'm happy with Reggie instead but I wish we had Aarons over Doherty. Really my only gripe with the summer window.

He was absolute crap all last year in the Prem though. It's clear he's a good Champo player but I did not like what I saw last season from him.

We could have used a better RB upgrade than Doc. Castagne can play both sides and has been very good for Leicester so far. We missed on him.

Doucoure went for relative peanuts and is doing very well at Everton. We surely could have used him.

I also wish we would sell Lamela (too injured) and gain back a foreign spot on our roster.

Any of Bowen, Eze, or Watkins would have been great adds to our attack. We missed on them too.

Back
Top Bottom