Spurs v Liverpool 16 Dec 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lol can’t believe you’re counting our goal as a ‘chance’. It was borderline offside and we unusually exploited Liverpool’s high line with Son’s pace.

Determined to undermine us much?????

That goal is endemic of our tactics.... It's identical to many we've scored this year.

I don't know what your endgame is with this comment but seriously.... Get a grip, FFS.

It was the epitome of deadly, counter-attacking football.

If we counting goals then why not add Liverpool’s 2 as chances?

1st: Look at it, FFS!

2nd: A corner is a corner.... Big deal. It's hardly an example of incisive football.

Neto 100% would have. I've watched him with a keen interest since the end of last season and he's doing something neither Son, nor Bergwijn can do.

He's comfortable being on his own high up the pitch. He can receive the ball, dribble at defenders, keep possession, and make a pass when support evetually arrives.

Son can - and does - do that.....

...And we also have some guy called Kane who's not too shabby when it comes to his all round attacking game too.

Mysteriously a higher xg means you are the better team this match day. Didn't the previous month🤔

Well I never! ....It's almost as if people are selective in their interpretation of stats and whether or not they should be heeded at any given time,

:gallashmm:

I haven't read a hundred pages or so of this thread, but here is the word:

- This was a good game of football.
- I enjoyed watching it and I enjoyed watching our players.
- Sadio Mané is vile insect of a person.
- Thought we could have alternated the flanks a bit (did not see any)
- Is that.. Hojbjerg getting frustrated? Wow! He seems unflappable.
- Serge Aurier was the only player who made Mané look like a chump at any point.
- We did not pinpoint and bully that new Liverpool CB. I would have sidled up to him when the ref was out of earshot and told him I was going to rape his cat in front of his gran or something.
- Andy Robertson has achieved the maximum age of a Scottish person before they suffer serious cardio-pulmonary decline at a rapid rate. Spray a mixture of malt vinegar, monosodium glutamate, and Axe body spray on your shin pads and Andy Robertson will go daen like a wee banger tae fack wi' yae ya wee cunt laek am saen (you get my point)
- This was a good game of football and enjoyed by all.
- I'm not angry about any of this, I'm secure enough in my status that I can go "OK cool, on to the next game."

I don’t know about that but Bergwijn certainly isn’t the answer after tonight’s performance and previous form

Will be interesting to see if he starts against Leicester

I hope I’m not being misunderstood
He seems a nice lad and certainly puts the effort in but that’s not enough

His first miss was poor even though he was being challenged he should have hit the target

The second was shocking
All the time in the world and he still couldn’t hit the target with Allison beaten

Yes by Harry’s high standards he should have buried the headed chance but it came to him in a flash and was totally different to Bergwijns

A very bad night for all concerned and Klopp is a cunt!!
No. Kane really should have scored that header opportunity by his standard.

Good game. Enjoyed watching it.

The fact that we could have won that game if we had been able to finish those chances off shows how well we can compete. Yes, you might not like the tactics and how we’re set up but we can’t ignore the fact that we were effective.

I look forward to the rest of the season. Enjoying the ride so far. Frustrated we didn’t get a result today but enjoying our season so far!

Feel sick that the bounce of the ball didn't go our way in a couple of huge instances. Can't stand them with their entitled media hype, but they got the job done and we didn't, i feel fucking ill.

Feel sick that the bounce of the ball didn't go our way in a couple of huge instances. Can't stand them with their entitled media hype, but they got the job done and we didn't, i feel fucking ill.
It's disgusting how many fairly even games we've had against them but lost time after time. This time we were actually better but didn't win. FFS.

Good game. Enjoyed watching it.

The fact that we could have won that game if we had been able to finish those chances off shows how well we can compete. Yes, you might not like the tactics and how we’re set up but we can’t ignore the fact that we were effective.

I look forward to the rest of the season. Enjoying the ride so far. Frustrated we didn’t get a result today but enjoying our season so far!

This is pretty much how I feel about today. I don't like how we played but it was effective, and on our day, we take the 3 pts.

The ride has been interesting to say the least.

After the litmus test that is Liverpool, I think we are where we should be; chasing for first.

Hats off to Jose for getting our team to fight and to put in some sturdy performances. He has made his mark there.

Serge is having his best year.

Dier has been better.

Son is the most efficient finisher i have ever seen based on current form.

Kane has taken over as the number suggests on his back.

Lots of positives.

I think we have the style of play that suits the long play. We will have another shot at Liverpool and barring injuries, we should be the fresher side based on the way we play.

This is pretty much how I feel about today. I don't like how we played but it was effective, and on our day, we take the 3 pts.

The ride has been interesting to say the least.

After the litmus test that is Liverpool, I think we are where we should be; chasing for first.

Hats off to Jose for getting our team to fight and to put in some sturdy performances. He has made his mark there.

Serge is having his best year.

Dier has been better.

Son is the most efficient finisher i have ever seen based on current form.

Kane has taken over as the number suggests on his back.

Lots of positives.

I think we have the style of play that suits the long play. We will have another shot at Liverpool and barring injuries, we should be the fresher side based on the way we play.
I have to agree. After 13 games, we're the best or second best team in the league and our position is not false. We have a lot to look forward to. However, our points total do not reflect the quality of the performances.

Tottenham FixturesOpponent PointsLiverpool FixturesOpponent Points
Leicester City24@Crystal Palace18
@Wolverhampton20West Bromwich Albion7
Fulham9@Newcastle United17
Leeds United17@Southampton24
@Aston Villa18@Aston Villa18
@Sheffield United1Manchester United20
TOTAL (average)89 (14.8)TOTAL (average)104 (17.3)
Liverpool...at Tottenham...

Liverpool faces a marginally tougher road ahead with 4 away and 2 home - could you see Liverpool lose 1 or 2 of these matches? How many will Tottenham draw (or worse, lose)?

Back
Top Bottom