Ledley King: life after football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

abandon_67760f_2400372.gif

King is absolutely a club legend but the days of great players stepping straight into top management roles is coming to an end with the ever increasing standards and pressures of Premier League football.

Yes, I consider Spurs among the elite. Sunderland - case in point - are fine to appoint the fascist (great player and who performed wonders with Swindon) has done well but Sunderland's serious aspirations lay must lay with those guys who have many years experience in club management.

Almost as a reflex, not really as a serious inquiry, I mention that it goes without saying that any return to actually playing football is out of the question. There's a pause; the atmosphere changes. Afterwards, listening to the tape, I wince; I feel as though I've been unwittingly cruel, at the very least tactless.

"I think, yeah. I obviously am 99% sure, but you know, like I said… [he laughs] I'm pretty sure I'm finished. I hope I don't try and come back, anyway, but…"

Right. Cards on the table. If there was a magic wand or a revolutionary new treatment, would he want to come back?

"OK, yeah, of course I would. Definitely. 100%. If that happens, yeah… Some people get tired of football. I still feel fresh as a footballer. But my knee made me older than I was."

Hardly did much better than George Graham....and never won us a trophy. Would you be so ready to defend Graham considering his gooner past?

We played some of our best football of the last 20 years under Hoddle. He was not only as close as a cunts hair away from winning us a trophy, Les Ferdinand decided to play like Anton Ferdinand that day, and were so close to finishing in a European place that season that, given time, and as Carlo says a better than decent squad, he would have succeeded.

Did you hear my not defend George Graham? I didn't think so, so why mention it?

For me he should be our Director of Football. He's a club ledgend, Managed in Prem, managed England, dedicated to youth development and spotting youth players etc (He is Englands answer to Cryuff).
He also thinks disabled people are being punished for their sins....

Great player, dumb fuck as a man. Those of you who can't see beyond your blind adulation can neg rep me to fuck, I don't care.

He also thinks disabled people are being punished for their sins....

An ill judged comment about Karma that the foaming mouth British press blew out of all proportion. Trust me his views on reincarnation are not the craziest around, there are theories out there that make his look like nothing.

An ill judged comment about Karma that the foaming mouth British press blew out of all proportion. Trust me his views on reincarnation are not the craziest around, there are theories out there that make his look like nothing.

Didn't he first air his views months before and it was only once results had trailed off slightly that the press realised they were outraged?....

Ledley is coming to meet the Swedish supporters club next weekend. Flying to Stockholm, attending a Q+A, previewing the Wigan game and watching it together with the swedish fans, all without compensation from the supporters club. What a legend.

(And I am missing this because of a bachelor party for my gooner friend. Never, EVER trust those bastards.)
:defoe:

Ledley is coming to meet the Swedish supporters club next weekend. Flying to Stockholm, attending a Q+A, previewing the Wigan game and watching it together with the swedish fans, all without compensation from the supporters club. What a legend.

(And I am missing this because of a bachelor party for my gooner friend. Never, EVER trust those bastards.)
:defoe:
No such thing, go meet The King mate!

Back
Top Bottom