Amazon fly-on-the-wall documentary about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love Poch, we wouldn't be where we are without his herculean efforts. The club owe him an enormous debt and he bailed out Levy IMO by building a quality side with little investment during the instability of the stadium delays.
Mourinho seems to be a different character, Poch never comes across as arrogant, but arrogance and conceit seem to be the difference between bouncing back from adversity, maybe Poch is a little too deep and thoughtful and ruminated too much on the champs league defeat. Mourinho you get the impression would have used the anger more productively, whereas Poch maybe internalised it and got depressed.
Just my armchair Freudian interpretation anyhow!

Just watched it. Mourinho... What a guy. Loved also the part where Kane criticised the team of the mentality, and also the interaction between Dele and Jose. Good thing that they didn't portray Poch that badly. At least he deserved that...

BFgXXOa.gif

Thought first 3 episodes were fantastic. Miles better than the boring man city shit. Poch was mentally shot. Dele has got no chance being a top top player. I'd got rid of him after that one to one. Jose is box office. If you cant run through a brick wall for him who would they for?

Seeing the documentary has only reinforced my opinion that Ndombele's attitude must be absolutely fucking stinking.

Also was completely unsurprising that Dier was the only one the rest of the lads said liked the physicality of competition.

It's still blatantly clear we're only seeing what they want us to see though tbh. Hopefully it helps get some of the usual moany cunts on board with Mourinho or they can in the words of the man himself, fuck off.

First episode down suspected it for a long time but it basically just cemented for me that Poch gave up after the CL final and it bled onto the players.

Only have to look at Liverpool and Klopp for what his reaction should have been
I agree. Would plead some caution that the documentary makers were able to craft a narrative editorially (classic Apprentice/Big Brother technique using whatever reaction shots fit with the story being told, even if they're used out of context. A lot of Poch staring into the distance and looking despondent in that first episode)

However, I don't think they could manufacture the general vibe that seemed to have permeated the whole playing and coaching staff following that CL final loss. It was a tailspin, pure and simple, and I think if we'd all been privy to that at the time we'd have been so much less against Poch's sacking.

Love José, love Harry, love Sonny, love Jan, love Toby

Dele looks motivated under Jose. I hope he can become world class.

Eriksen showed no effort. Really unfair to his teammates and the club. Levy made a mistake by not selling him last summer.

I think we will win titles with Jose

Genuinely feel he will make a big splash next season after this.
He’s just different.....Special One was right, I’ve never seen a group of grown men turn into kittens like the team did around him.

The biggest difference is that he has no intention of being their friends to get respect or results.

That meeting where he told them too many of them were hiding... and Harry agreeing and telling his teammates it was unacceptable... loved it.

By the way, Jose masterclass touch early when he took Harry aside and said you need to be a global superstar by winning titles. You are the man. Got his buy in immediately.

Back
Top Bottom