Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With every quality signing that Chelski make, I feel a little bit sicker.
We were finishing well above them but failed to show the ambition that they are signing..
So they have quality signings that make most supporters sit up and take notice, whilst we have hojberg and Hart from the bargain basement...
So much excitement for this new season i can hardly contain myself, just with the wonder of who we will sign next...

Can people please stop whinging about Chelsea and their signings.

People are getting upset because a manager who has never had money to spend before suddenly does, and he's making it look like he's playing football manager. Their problem is defence, but Lampard isn't a good enough manager to identify and sort that.

I'd rather trust the judgement of one of the most successful managers ever over a manager who only got the job because the club were banned from making transfers. If Pep, Ancelotti and Mourinho all rated and were interested in Hojbjerg, it probably means he's a good player. Hart isn't coming in to be first team, he's here for English quota and to be a big voice in the dressing room. Man City have just signed Scott Carson on loan for fucks sake, it's what clubs do!

There's no pleasing some people. I see people on here moan they wouldn't want to be like Chelsea, yet they then moan when Chelsea spend money and win trophies and we don't.

I love it.

“SPEND SOME ££££££££”

Invariably followed by “does anyone have a stream”?

Aurier Deal will be finalised this week, with a new RB announced by the weekend, backup striker situation will also be resolved by the end of the window, Jose has his eyes on a few players he just wants to sort out other positions first and see how much is left in the kitty before making his choice. We are also looking at another Defensive and creative midfielder and expect to have these done by the start of the season, expecting a busy few weeks for Levy!

See this ITK stuff is a piece of piss!!!!! :levylol:

Gonna jump of the fucking sky bridge if Levy doesn't sign a creative mid

:mourcry:

Or a striker
24Iy.gif

Aurier Deal will be finalised this week, with a new RB announced by the weekend, backup striker situation will also be resolved by the end of the window, Jose has his eyes on a few players he just wants to sort out other positions first and see how much is left in the kitty before making his choice. We are also looking at another Defensive and creative midfielder and expect to have these done by the start of the season, expecting a busy few weeks for Levy!

See this ITK stuff is a piece of piss!!!!! :levylol:

How do I pay you?

Exactly. The hypocrisy is real.

There's a bunch of posters on here who've had 'transfer envy' every fucking time another team has signed someone this window, and it's boring as fuck.

You know the way we work by now, and if you don't, like fuck have you been a lifelong spurs fan. Don't like it? Find another club to support, because it's not going to change.

Personally, I can't wait for the season to start. I'll take the highs and lows as they come, as I've always done. Fucking get a grip.

P.S 40 odd days of the transfer window still left...
Dude fair point.
Just being honest brother when it goes the usual tits up your one of the first to question the whole set up . Next year we could witness the worse football in over 2 decades and this team looks pretty mediocre, no matter how rose-tinted you look at it.
You my friend were questioning the way we work
Iast season as it achieves so little and change was needed. Hopefully we can get a top 4 trophy but you would be insane to put any dough on it.
Bill Nick wouldn't have won anything under this lot. Many can remember when we signed the calibre of players that the chavs sign not the second tier level of today.
My family have been Spurs supporters since the 1920's my great grandpa was at 1921 final, so we ain't got nowhere to go.
We root and toot in another way

Last edited:

People are getting upset because a manager who has never had money to spend before suddenly does, and he's making it look like he's playing football manager. Their problem is defence, but Lampard isn't a good enough manager to identify and sort that.

I'd rather trust the judgement of one of the most successful managers ever over a manager who only got the job because the club were banned from making transfers. If Pep, Ancelotti and Mourinho all rated and were interested in Hojbjerg, it probably means he's a good player. Hart isn't coming in to be first team, he's here for English quota and to be a big voice in the dressing room. Man City have just signed Scott Carson on loan for fucks sake, it's what clubs do!

There's no pleasing some people. I see people on here moan they wouldn't want to be like Chelsea, yet they then moan when Chelsea spend money and win trophies and we don't.
Sky created a new type of fan with their big brother transfer window.... didn’t used to be like this

If the average casual on a football forum can identify their problems, surely Frank Lampard can as well? Why not also wait in this case how their team looks like when the window is closed? The vast majority of teams are far from done, the chavs certainly aren't.

Exactly. The hypocrisy is real.

There's a bunch of posters on here who've had 'transfer envy' every fucking time another team has signed someone this window, and it's boring as fuck.

You know the way we work by now, and if you don't, like fuck have you been a lifelong spurs fan. Don't like it? Find another club to support, because it's not going to change.

Personally, I can't wait for the season to start. I'll take the highs and lows as they come, as I've always done. Fucking get a grip.

P.S 40 odd days of the transfer window still left...
And if Chelsea had signed Hojberg
“Waaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh”

and Hart

“shrewd business”

If the average casual on a football forum can identify their problems, surely Frank Lampard can as well? Why not also wait in this case how their team looks like when the window is closed?

Here's hoping they've developed the same stupid trf outlook as the goons got lost in for so long......

From the podcasts I usually listen to, what I am hearing is Barcelona's lack of athleticism is killing them. So this one wouldn't make a great deal of sense to me.
Except Rakitic would be surrounded by athletic players at Spurs, which he isn't at Barca where Busquets & de Jong are basically passers not runners, and Messi & Suarez are both well into their thirties.
If signing Rakitic means selling Sissoko, that would be a massive upgrade for me.

Tottenham begins talks to sign Gray from Leicester :mourweird: one year left on contract

Was interested in him about 4 years ago but never really kicked on.
Interesting player though if Jose can get something out of him.

Seriously don’t know how many AMs we need though

Dude fair point.
Just being honest brother when it goes the usual tits up your one of the first to question the whole set up . Next year we could witness the worse football in over 2 decades and this team looks pretty mediocre, no matter how rose-tinted you look at it.
You my friend were questioning the way we work
Iast season as it achieves so little and change was needed. Hopefully we can get a top 4 trophy but you would be insane to put any dough on it.
Bill Nick wouldn't have won anything under this lot. Many can remember when we signed the calibre of players that the chavs sign not the second tier level of today.
My family have been Spurs supporters since the 1920's my great grandpa was at 1921 final, so we ain't got nowhere to go.
We root and toot in another way
Good post and no you can't put your dough on anything spurs related other than letting you down.
But joke's aside we are in a difficult place which always seems to affect us the worst, however the funny part is that the new stadium was meant to kick us on and yet financially we have gone backward again.
I think it will be a while before anything good starts to show, in the meantime all we can do is carrying supporting the team whilst having a laugh at it all.
😁

Back
Top Bottom