Tottenham v Man Utd (Friday, June 19th)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What pissed me off was pre match Evra declaring that Man Utd would clearly win due to them having all the match winners which was clearly shite
The way we were totally written off without a ball being kicked really reminded me of how pundits were before the Champions League final. No wonder Liverpool fans have spent decades thinking they are chosen by God to win the Premier League when they're digesting this kind of media.

Few points from tonight
The coverage from sky was disgusting. The build up was two Manc pricks talking like it was Ferguson's utd and they should steam roller us.

Diers best game in years.

Alot work been done on training pitch defensively but will always be undone by the continued individual errors and brain farts.we simply have too many flakey players that are mentality weak or just have brain farts

Kane has had 2-3 injuries too many. On the decline. Still a great goalscorer but mobility is a huge issue now. Especially if counter attacking is the game plan. Should been subbed and it's now worrying how consecutive managers dont sub him

Gedson is a nothing player

Ndombele must be shocking in training

Should used full 3-5 subs as fitness was clearly an issue from 60 mins

Jose is shit scared of losing games now.

The goal was a complete gift from DeGea and whilst their substitutions galvanised them into life we did not take advantage of teams now being afforded the luxury of five during a game. Could and should have consolidated second half but you could visibly see the team tiring.
A mixture of Pogba's guile and Dier's clumsiness brought them back into the game and thank God that VAR prevented the ref from handing them the win.
I'm happy with the point but worried that like in previous seasons the manager's substitute decisions will cost us dearly.

Lack of quality in midfield exposed as it was before the break. Criminal that we can make players like Son and Kane look anonymous

Actually thought our back line did well. Midfield not doing their job in tracking back though. Sissoko got woefully exposed against Fernandes on a few occasions

I was completely pro Mourhino when he came. Now I realise he's an idiot.

Now you realise he is an idiot??? This ‘idiot’ has won trophies galore in several counties. I am far, far from being a fan of Mourhino but your diagnosis Dr Spaniel does not stand. We dropped points because of our players. The same players that made Poch look bad. If Pep
or Juergen managed this squad we would still be crap.

There were definitely some positives to take from the game.

I thought we defended really well overall. Bearing in mind we have the least clean sheets in the premier league this season, we looked super organised and hard to play against. Dier, Davies and Sanchez all played well, in particular Eric who I'm beginning to think could make a top class centre half.

Mourinho came in with no real time on the training pitch to get things sorted and imo this was a real step forward.

Going forward we looked decent at times in the first half even if we were obviously struggling for fitness. Lamela missed 3 or 4 opputinites to put son through with passes youd back him to make and if we had lucas running at utd in the last ten rather than Gedson, who looks way out of his depth, it couldve been a different story.

Winks was also decent tonight and I think overall I came out of the game feeling better than I did when I saw the team sheet.

Love your optimism. I thought we were mostly shite. Was surprised the home support kept singing til the end.

I know people don't like the fake crowd, but has no-one else noticed there's a horrible distorted layer of high frequency noise swirling about throughout the whole thing?

It's like sitting through 90mins of sonic warfare.... Seriously taxing on the the ears and nervous system.

Agree but at least we didn’t hear ‘your support is fu@@king s@@t’ or this ‘is this the Emirates’ after 15 minutes.

I thought the game plan was working in the first 60 mins, but struggled to cope with Utds changes. The lack of creativity or a probing pass from midfield was obvious, hope we try a 433 at some point.

Sissoko was good, just need to merge him with someone that can pass.

Last edited:
Glad I turned over at half time and didn’t have to listen to that shit show of Keane and Evra again, two cunts who need lined up and shot with balls of their own dung! The arrogance of them.
Game wise ...dunno, I’ll take a point cause if we are being honest we all knew they’d equalise, mentally we are not resilient enough to hold out. some positives from tonight, but Gedson...🤔😳🤦🏻‍♂️ as much use as a trap door on a canoe. Back to Benfica for me

Let’s be honest, it wasn’t a horrendous performance or a result for that matter, but we had to win that to stand any chance of 5th and a potential CL place. That’s gone now.

But, I don’t actually think we are good enough for the CL anyway and Levy isn’t harbouring any ambition of signing anyone notable this summer, so it will be basically the same team going into next season. This teams not good enough and certainly not a CL team.

We just can’t hold onto a lead no matter how well we defend, it’s virtually impossible for us to hold a lead. So, I’m content with the fact that we should get Europa league next season as that’s what we have become, a Europa league side now. I think it will be a long time unfortunately before we see Spurs in the CL again because I fear there are 5/6 teams better than us and they will only get better.

I think us and Woolwich are not far off, with us being marginally better. That’s not good enough really is it where you consider where we were as a club 2 seasons ago.

Let’s be honest, it wasn’t a horrendous performance or a result for that matter, but we had to win that to stand any chance of 5th and a potential CL place. That’s gone now.

But, I don’t actually think we are good enough for the CL anyway and Levy isn’t harbouring any ambition of signing anyone notable this summer, so it will be basically the same team going into next season. This teams not good enough and certainly not a CL team.

We just can’t hold onto a lead no matter how well we defend, it’s virtually impossible for us to hold a lead. So, I’m content with the fact that we should get Europa league next season as that’s what we have become, a Europa league side now. I think it will be a long time unfortunately before we see Spurs in the CL again because I fear there are 5/6 teams better than us and they will only get better.

I think us and Woolwich are not far off, with us being marginally better. That’s not good enough really is it where you consider where we were as a club 2 seasons ago.
That's what happens when you get complacent and rest on your laurels

That is what we did and we are now suffering for it

You only have to look at a large number of our fans on here a couple of years back claiming it was fine when we signed no one because " we are miles better than the likes of liverpool " and "who could we sign that is better than what we have" and other such bullshit

Fans really believed that we were now established CL elites and would always be up there

And I genuinely think the club felt the same way, things change quickly in football , take your eye off the ball for just a short time and look what can happen

4 or 5 years of hard work basically up in smoke and not a single piece of silverware to show for it

Back
Top Bottom