Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

athletes/players are clearly fitter, stronger, faster, the ever lowering of world records proves that

assorted-steroids-for-rheumatoid-arthritis-in-tablet-pill-and-injection-form.jpg

:kanehand:

You are shitting me? batman's power....rich white dude who can cash a cheque. He's basically Mark Zuckerberg.
Batman is a more interesting character for a lot of people because of the dark moody gritty aspects of his character. But at the end of the day he is a totalitarian, militaristic sociopath waging a one man war against the very concept of crime. It's not about protecting other people, doing the greater good or building up the city of Gotham (which is so systematically corrupt and drained that it forces large parts of its working class community to turn to crime, which in turns makes them a target for the bat). He is the Punisher - guns and + a cape.

Bruce Wayne the human being died with his parents and his body is just a vessel for the vengeful being that is the Batman. If he could stop being Bruce Wayne and be Batman full time he 100% would. Unlike say Peter Parker who would want nothing more than to be normal, but time and time again sacrifices his own personal and civilian life to be Spider-Man.

People (comic nerds) want to be like Batman where they should want to be like Superman. Constantly striving to be better and making life for everyone better.

But that is just my take. I'll get back to work now.

But yeah, we need a good DM right?

Last edited:
Batman is a more interesting character for a lot of people because of the dark moody gritty aspects of his character. But at the end of the day he is a totalitarian, militaristic sociopath waging a one man war against the very concept of crime. It's not about protecting other people, doing the greater good or building up the city of Gotham (which is so systematically corrupt and drained that it forces large parts of its working class community to turn to crime, which in turns makes them a target for the bat). He is the Punisher - guns and + a cape.

Bruce Wayne the human being died with his parents and his body is just a vessel for the vengeful being that is the Batman. If he could stop being Bruce Wayne and be Batman full time he 100% would. Unlike say Peter Parker who would want nothing more than to be normal, but time and time again sacrifices his own personal and civilian life to be Spider-Man.

People (comic nerds) want to be like Batman where they should want to be like Superman. Constantly striving to be better and making life for everyone better.

There's no black leather and gimp mask when it comes to Superman though.

But that is just my take. I'll get back to work now.

But yeah, we need a good DM right?

That said if he can stop Superman, presumably the average EPL #10 should prove childs-play.

I'm in...

#BM4DM

Interesting, could I ask (without embarrassing you) to give us more information on the source ?

Certainly coronavirus is going to hit football hard which will result in reduced revenues (reflecting uk and most economies which will have lower employment, gdp etc) and I predicted a month ago that transfer fees would have to fall etc......but this is ratcheting things up a level or two.

No surprise some clubs in trouble - quite a few have been paying players unsustainable proportions of gross revenues to players (say 90%), so coronavirus is just the straw breaking the camels back for them. For others its definitely a wake up call to keep player wages in line with revenues

I work for one of the 'big 4' consulting firms and we do a lot of work of football clubs. A lot of clubs outside of the 'top clubs' have atrocious finances.

Back
Top Bottom