Norwegian minister of finance

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I interviewed him today for the Norwegian THFC magazine. What a great guy! Been Spurs since 1962 and knew everything about THFC.

Told me he was a part of the pitch invasion at WHL in 1977 when we got relegated singing "we'll be back", and at that time he was already a member of the parliament.

The King of Norway is also a Spurs fan, and the minister of finance told me the two of them often talk about Spurs when they meet.
420231_10152604446675526_1943574342_n.jpg

So could Norway take shares in the club? People tend to forget it's an oil rich country...

Great story, Norwegian_Yid, much appreciated :thumbup:

I'd love to know why it is that Spurs are so big in Norway. Hell, even my ex-brother in law followed us. What started it?

They started showing English football on telly in 1969 in Norway and Sweden. That was when it all started, but I have met a few Norwegians who started following Spurs in 1951.

Spurs are very big over here, but all English football clubs got a sizeable following in this country. Even clubs like Barnet and Dagenham&Redbridge got their own supporter clubs. Leeds' supporters club is twice as big as Chelsea's, by the way.

I'd love to know why it is that Spurs are so big in Norway. Hell, even my ex-brother in law followed us. What started it?

The Scandinavian countries started broadcasting british football early, think it was in the late sixties. The swedish host, who came up with the idea, was a Spurs supporter, so if there was a choice between games many times Spurs was chosen. However, I'm not sure there are more Spurs supporters than fans of other clubs, at least not here in Sweden. Because british football has been broadcasted here for so long, and been very popular the whole time, there are a lot of supporters of teams that not considered "big" nowadays or even in the higher divisions. Norway has had a few players representing Spurs so that has probably made a mark there.

Edit. 7 mins too late...

I interviewed him today for the Norwegian THFC magazine. What a great guy! Been Spurs since 1962 and knew everything about THFC.

Told me he was a part of the pitch invasion at WHL in 1977 when we got relegated singing "we'll be back", and at that time he was already a member of the parliament.

The King of Norway is also a Spurs fan, and the minister of finance told me the two of them often talk about Spurs when they meet.
420231_10152604446675526_1943574342_n.jpg

Does he remember me? ;)

Wasn't there that time, but I was there when we beat Leeds to stay up two years previously. No stewards stopping us getting onto the pitch back then (and no life ban).

Maybe he was there that night? But it was midweek, so probably not.

Back
Top Bottom