Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The game has passed him by for a while. The fact this isn't turning out well in 'mourinho mk2' won't do well for buy in from the players. They need to buy into the philosophy and believe in what they're doing will have long term results.

We are still yet to find an identity or patterns of play.This isn't entirely his fault as there has been injuries to key players and joining mid seaaon, but the writing is on the wall and I cannot see him lasting until Christmas. He won't even get a pre season with the players due to the Euros. Knowing Levy he is probably already identifying a longer term manager in the Poch mould. Just my opinion.

The thing is, I ain't sold on the idea that any manager without Kane, Sonny or Eriksen in our current set up could do more than Jose is serving up at the moment. People will disagree, I accept that but our injuries have been brutal. Killer blows that have really left us limping about the place.

Until I get to see Bergwijn, Dele, Son & Kane lining up innthe same starting XI or until he gets reinforcements or until something really poor inmy book goes down I'll reserve judgement. What a slog it's turning out to be.

The thing is, I ain't sold on the idea that any manager without Kane, Sonny or Eriksen in our current set up could do more than Jose is serving up at the moment. People will disagree, I accept that but our injuries have been brutal. Killer blows that have really left us limping about the place.

Until I get to see Bergwijn, Dele, Son & Kane lining up innthe same starting XI or until he gets reinforcements or until something really poor inmy book goes down I'll reserve judgement. What a slog it's turning out to be.
Sure, but we've also brought an association with this into our tent as well...
Agent Jorge Mendes' homes searched in money laundering investigation

It's a shitshow ATM.

I'm not his biggest fan, but thought he was probably our best option at the time. He has been hamstrung by injuries to our key players, but was hoping for better organisation than we've witnessed so far.
I will support him and still hope for the best, but I don't really see how we can get top five, unless everybody in the top half of the table drop points, to our advantage.

Would have preferred Ancelotti tbh. But wasn’t distraught when he came in despite several manure supporters I know laughing at the fact he had joined us. Yes I guess it is still early and we have had injuries but he should still be able to organise things better than this. Doesn’t seem a great fit for Spurs at the moment

Here's an idea Mr Levy

Sack Mourinho, re-appoint the most promising, over achieving manager in a generation, and give him the proper backing and support he called out for 2 years ago when you hid under the fucking sheets and neglected about your football team.

No thanks I’d genuinely rather give it to Redknapp
At least we’d attack

Also funny how most fans say about Jose and Pep etc “can they do it at a shit club though”

He comes to a shit club to test his merits....the worst club in that moment he could have chosen.......and people think we should be invincible after a 3rd of a season.

“Bring back Poch”? Did you not see us in 14th and out of the CC?

I think once the Amazon cameras fuck off for good we will then see the real Jose. He is too nicey nicey atm, i don't think even he imagined before he arrived what a shitshow state the squad is in. He definitely is itching to ruffle a few feathers, push some buttons Jose style.

I think once the Amazon cameras fuck off for good we will then see the real Jose. He is too nicey nicey atm, i don't think even he imagined before he arrived what a shitshow state the squad is in. He definitely is itching to ruffle a few feathers, push some buttons Jose style.

Honestly, that is just wishful thinking. And why would we want to see the real Jose? That is just the same game plan, but a shittier attitude.

I loved Poch. I also love Harry, but Poch brought the modern game to this club and for 3.5 seasons or so we were not afraid of anyone. Loved it.

But he had to go. Unfortunately we picked a guy who employs a style that Sam would be proud of.

I wanted Ancellotti to replace Poch but still accept Jose even if the football is hard to watch. It's a tough job trying to rebuild the squad and confidence. There is an uneasiness around the players, they feel it's a transitional period and of course a lot are burned out physically and mentally after the Poch period.

I wanted Ancellotti to replace Poch but still accept Jose even if the football is hard to watch. It's a tough job trying to rebuild the squad and confidence. There is an uneasiness around the players, they feel it's a transitional period and of course a lot are burned out physically and mentally after the Poch period.

For me, again, that is just searching for the silver lining. These are athletes, not pub players. They aren’t physically done for. Maybe a bit mentally perturbed, but I would argue that is largely down to playing a very regressive style of football.

I am willing to bet my life savings (jokes on you. I am broke), that if we got Potter, Nagelsmann, Marsch, Rose, we would be utilizing the squad we have (a wealth of technical footballers) to compete and make teams fear us again.

I bring up the 4-0 vs Crystal this year quite often as that was the last time we played a high intensity game; the game was over by half time

Jose Mourinho getting praised by me is a bitter pill to suffer but his backing of Eric Dier over the wanker in the stand has earned at least some respect that is clearly due.

True but we know it's a clanger, that's something a manager could get from Gazzaniga just as much as Vorm. It happens in the game Joe.

Do we blame Mourinho for Gedson's penalty? After all he did select him to come off the bench and be one of the few left to take one? Fine lines and all of that mate.

Lloris is no. 1? But injured
Gazzanigga is no. 2? But on the bench, so assume not injured.

The only reason you ever change keepers for the cup is to placate the reserve, to give them game time so they don't get pissed off..... Vorm was an emergency signing to cover injury.... he's never going to play again and if he's fucked off about never playing it doesn't matter at all.

Mourinho fucked up

For me, again, that is just searching for the silver lining. These are athletes, not pub players. They aren’t physically done for. Maybe a bit mentally perturbed, but I would argue that is largely down to playing a very regressive style of football.

I am willing to bet my life savings (jokes on you. I am broke), that if we got Potter, Nagelsmann, Marsch, Rose, we would be utilizing the squad we have (a wealth of technical footballers) to compete and make teams fear us again.

I bring up the 4-0 vs Crystal this year quite often as that was the last time we played a high intensity game; the game was over by half time

Palace were horrendous that day, very unlike Hodgson to send out a team that was so open and easy to play around.

Mental exhaustion contributes to physical exhaustion. The majority of these players have been like this for well over a year now. Another manager might have us playing a different style but this bunch have been poor for too long and under two managers with different styles.

No matter who is the manager we need new players, squad still needs a major overhaul. The process has started but we are only half way imo

For everyone that's lost faith in Mourinho, relax, there is hope. With the Euros this summer lots of International teams will be changing managers. Maybe one of them will come in for Mourinho.

Palace were horrendous that day, very unlike Hodgson to send out a team that was so open and easy to play around.

Mental exhaustion contributes to physical exhaustion. The majority of these players have been like this for well over a year now. Another manager might have us playing a different style but this bunch have been poor for too long and under two managers with different styles.

No matter who is the manager we need new players, squad still needs a major overhaul. The process has started but we are only half way imo

We are making excuses for them though. How do we know that these players are mentally and physically exhausted and more to the point why should they be?
In days gone by with very little sports science players used to play 42 league matches and sometimes multiple cup replays on muddy barren pitches in cold windswept stadiums earning much less than today’s prima donnas. I never heard Steve Perryman, Pat Jennings, Graham Roberts and even the supposedly soft Glenn Hoddle suffering from mental or physical exhaustion. I certainly don’t disagree that we need an overhaul though but the question is so much seems wrong at the moment where do you start

Back
Top Bottom