Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No one is denying the cunt has talent.

But hes so fucking predictable. Same everywhere hes been.

Start well, get big contract, dont give a shit anymore, go pap, fall out with everyone, move on.

Its happened three times in this country now.

Basically he's a massive cunt.

As far as I know he was given a massive contract by City to begin with, then when Mark Hughes was shifted it was new broom time and in came a shit load of new players. Hardly surprising he didn't fit well on the City merry go round of strikers.

That's as maybe, but you can't simply put someone on his wages in the u21s to rot. The club will just be left with someone hanging around like a bad smell. Far better for the coaching staff to work with him and get the best out of him. Patience is a virtue. I'm not for a minute saying he is setting the world alight, but at the end of the day he's on the books and part of the team. We need to work with him not throw him on the scrap heap.

I wasn't suggesting to 'throw him on the scrap heap'. Just voicing my opinion that I'm fed up with him. As for what to do to work around the issue, I don't know, I'm not AVB

:avblol:

He's been off colour all season
RACIST

Adebayor was our leading goalscorer last season.. It's not like he hasn't got any talent

Ade had 17 goals last year. 5 of which came from the PK spot. That's 12 goals from the run of play for 38 games.

Not too mention, he had a MF that was composed of Bale Modric Parker VDV Lennon

Personally, i thought he was pretty terrible last year in front of the net w/ the amount of legitimate scoring chances he was presented last year.

However, he did work hard on the pitch, worked well with the MF in possession and set up teammates on goals --> This is non-existent this season.

Thus, I prefer not to see him in that starting 11 unless there is no other choice.

The throw away culture ?

Ade has had how many months now to rite himself out there ?

In the end, i want what i think is best for the Club. Currently , that would involve Adebayor as far away from that starting 11 as possible.

And if you simply put 2 and 2 together. Yes, you might eat some more $$ on Adebayor. Of course, if the Spurs do improve their starting 11 by sitting Ade and securing CL Footy, wouldn't the club make out in the end on the money front ?
surely what is best for the the club is that the team win, no?

Well they seem to be doing well with him currently. Ok so he's not exactly filled his shooting boots, and he couldn't trap a bag of cement, but if the team wins, and in the absence of other options the best thing to do is to play him. If only to retain some statistical basis of value from a certain Mr levy's perspective.

He is an asset, of what value is clearly debatable, but whilst he wears that white shirt and play's for my team he is more value on the pitch than playing with no strikers at all. Season is too long to do anything too radical at this time. Plus, as he has proven he can score goals before, he can do it again.

Remember there was a time when Bale was a jinx? People were calling for him to be sold.

No-one has any patience any more it seems.

Sky and News corp and all their evil minions have won, the 'one game' 'one season' 'everything is riding on this' ethos has kicked long term objective views out of the window.

Cunts.

I wouldnt have him anywhere near the first team. Train with the kids get his agent to sort it out. Tell Ade he gets 20% of any transfer and watch him go.

I was at the game yesterday and the bloke next to me saw Defoe getting ready. I then looked at the whore and could see he clocked it as well. Sure enough next chance he got he fell over and nearly costs us a goal.

Its not news tbh. And I wont say I told you so, but only because I wasnt posting on here at the time.

You will catch up Tucker one day....

And I love the fact you use Jenas, Gio and Bentley in the same breath as this waste of hair gel. Sums it up nicely imo.

Actually, using those 3 as examples of how we ballsed up a transfer fee.....maybe you wont.

Sometimes its best to throw things away when they are not working or you will end up on a TV show looking like a mad hoarder.

I wasn't suggesting to 'throw him on the scrap heap'. Just voicing my opinion that I'm fed up with him. As for what to do to work around the issue, I don't know, I'm not AVB

:avblol:

RACIST

Let's just hope someone at the club can put their arm around him and sort him out. Would be much more satisfying to get players going than to have another Bentley.

I wouldnt have him anywhere near the first team. Train with the kids get his agent to sort it out. Tell Ade he gets 20% of any transfer and watch him go.

I was at the game yesterday and the bloke next to me saw Defoe getting ready. I then looked at the whore and could see he clocked it as well. Sure enough next chance he got he fell over and nearly costs us a goal.

As you were at the game you probably didn't have the benefit of the replay that showed his knee buckle and twist as he landed after challenging for a ball. But then you are much happier thinking he pretended to be injured when he realised he was going to be subbed. I mean where is the fucking logic in that?

You will catch up Tucker one day....

Catch up? It's deceiving I know, but you know when in F1 when Lewis Hamilton sometimes has to overtake the likes of Timo Glock? It's not because they are "catching up" it's because they are so far ahead of them they are going past them for the second time. I know it's hard for you to understand, so don't strain yourself.

And I love the fact you use Jenas, Gio and Bentley in the same breath as this waste of hair gel. Sums it up nicely imo.

Like I said, people are far to quick to throw things away. And that is what has been such a disservice to this club over the years, Bentley was a disaster of a transfer, but that disaster was compounded by the fact that he was thrown in the reserves, and was willing to sit there on his very high wages and wait out his contract.

Sometimes its best to throw things away when they are not working

First season he scored 18 goals, and this season he didnt play until November, then he got suspended for another month, then he went to the ACN for a month.

It is March 4th, the season is about 9 months old, and Ade hasnt played for about 6 months of it.

Is his form woeful? Yes
Has he been stupid? Yes
Is he sulking? Probably.

But broken? Laughable....most people wanted Defoe shipped out ASAP last season. And the same bullshit was said about AVB - He was no more than a failure to most people.

Form goes in cycles, and if Ade gets some support and backing, he will come good again.

As you were at the game you probably didn't have the benefit of the replay that showed his knee buckle and twist as he landed after challenging for a ball. But then you are much happier thinking he pretended to be injured when he realised he was going to be subbed. I mean where is the fucking logic in that?

Rather convenient doncha think? I'm willing to accept I'm wrong if and when we get the diagnosis of his 'injury'.

Catch up? It's deceiving I know, but you know when in F1 when Lewis Hamilton sometimes has to overtake the likes of Timo Glock? It's not because they are "catching up" it's because they are so far ahead of them they are going past them for the second time. I know it's hard for you to understand, so don't strain yourself.

lolz. its not personal towards you mate. I know many people who support football teams that are so focused on their unwavering support that it creates a blind spot even Timo Glock could take advantage of.

Like I said, people are far to quick to throw things away. And that is what has been such a disservice to this club over the years, Bentley was a disaster of a transfer, but that disaster was compounded by the fact that he was thrown in the reserves, and was willing to sit there on his very high wages and wait out his contract.

As I said, no point being a mad hoarder. We tried to off Bentley lots of times but no one wanted him. At least we were pro-active there. And I feel a bit sorry for Bentley tbh. He just became shit for whatever reason. It happens. Its not like he had a history of playing well for a season being a cunt then getting sold on.

I think you're missing the point. Would be far better for the club if he was playing well, and considering (as sammyspurs sammyspurs pointed out) he has had a very disrupted season. It's hardly reflective of long term form. It's not time to throw him away yet.

And why would someone pretend to go down injured when they were about to get subbed? I mean I know you think he is lazy, but I don't think he is that lazy that he expects people to actually carry him off the pitch.

First season he scored 18 goals, and this season he didnt play until November, then he got suspended for another month, then he went to the ACN for a month.

It is March 4th, the season is about 9 months old, and Ade hasnt played for about 6 months of it.

Is his form woeful? Yes
Has he been stupid? Yes
Is he sulking? Probably.

But broken? Laughable....most people wanted Defoe shipped out ASAP last season. And the same bullshit was said about AVB - He was no more than a failure to most people.

Form goes in cycles, and if Ade gets some support and backing, he will come good again.

Its different to Defoe imo mate.

As has been said previously 5 of the SEVENTEEN goals were pens. So thats 12 in open play but I accept he was a force last season.

Why did he come to us unfit?
Why did he dick us around with the ACN?
Why is our highest ever wage taker sulking?

Defoe has never been my striker of choice apart from this season but look what he has done. Training in France for the last 2 close seasons to get his fitness and strength to levels even he probably thought were unattainable . His desire and commitment are the complete opposite to your man.

To be fair to him, he only had to score one goal this season; the winner yesterday, and all/most would've been forgiven!
Sadly, the one time he DID score against them this season, he proceeded to get himself sent off and fuck us over royally!

Thing is, we're stuck with eachother until Summer at the earliest, so let's just let the cunt try and get on with his job.,,
if Spurs fail this season as a direct result of his failings, then he'll most likely deserve everything he gets, but until then, I'm still trying desperately to give him the benefit of the doubt!

You got served Carls

Yeah, I just proved pretty much everyone who had the benefit of multiple replays wrong, just from what I remember from the game.

I do feel silly.

Its weird that everybody I go to games with regularly thinks Adebayor is a cunt and Defoe is a god...yet it is almost exactly opposite on here.

Who to trust???.... :bentley:

Its different to Defoe imo mate.

As has been said previously 5 of the SEVENTEEN goals were pens. So thats 12 in open play but I accept he was a force last season.

Why did he come to us unfit?
Why did he dick us around with the ACN?
Why is our highest ever wage taker sulking?

Defoe has never been my striker of choice apart from this season but look what he has done. Training in France for the last 2 close seasons to get his fitness and strength to levels even he probably thought were unattainable . His desire and commitment are the complete opposite to your man.

Im not gonna hold it against someone for putting penalties away. Didnt Fat Frank score 18 freekicks out of 23 goals or something one year. Same with Ronaldo....who cares when it wins you the PL..?

Ade was WAY more than goals last season too. He was the first true, and adequate replacement to Berbatov with his hold up play and touch, and he bonded with players and fans alike.

Why did he come to us unfit? Cos he was omitted from City's pre season tour, and he refused to train with 16yr olds back in Manchester.

Dick us around? He went to play for his country. He explained why he was late back, make of it what you will. I dont think he's a angel, but who is?

He may be sulking, and he may be sulking because he's frustrated. Im sorry, but money doesnt eclipse human emotion, if it did, rich people would be immune to depression. He's a human being, and he is having a frustrating time of it.....and its no surprise, they guy slides on his back, beaming from ear to ear after Lennon scored, and people accuse him of not celebrating Bales goal enough.....then he's accused of going off on a stretcher so he didnt get subbed.

Judging by some of the fans at WHL these days, this hostility wont go unnoticed by him, and it doesnt make a blind bit of difference what his wages are.

He has the talent, but he needs the motivation and backing, and people supporting this club never learn.

Scott Parkers a hero, now he's shit

Bale should have been shipped out

Lennon was never ever going to improve

Modric was a waste of money

VDV should never have been signed - past it

WHY ARE WE RE SIGNING DEFOE!!?? FFS

WHY ARE WE RE SIGNING KABOUL!!?? FFS

Gallas is SHIT

Dawson is SHIT

Huddlestone is SHIT

Gomes is SHIT

AVB????? We are getting relegated

Harry HE NEVER SAYS "We"

BAE SELL NOW. LIABILITY

Walker Not good enough Im afraid

Brad Should never EVER play again now we have Lloris

Sandro Ship Out (while Scotty was a hero - now Sandro is GOD)

Livermore NEVER going to make the grade

Palacios SO FUCKING WHAT IF HIS CHILD BROTHERS BONES WERE FOUND IN A DITCH. HE KEEPS LOSING POSESSION. SELL.

Corluka Slowest RB in the world and weakest link

Crouch Never scores in a big game

Well, we've been doing alright the last 4 or 5 seasons for a club so full of absolute shit

Yeah, I just proved pretty much everyone who had the benefit of multiple replays wrong, from what I remember from the game.

I do feel silly.

Its weird that everybody I go to games with regularly thinks Adebayor is a cunt and Defoe is a god...yet it is almost exactly opposite on here.

Fuck that. You spelt wrong, you utter shit cunt. Your views are invalid and you are now wallied for 2 days.

Yeah, I just proved pretty much everyone who had the benefit of multiple replays wrong, just from what I remember from the game.

I do feel silly.

sammy?

Something tells me you two will get along like a house on fire.

much like Waco.

Back
Top Bottom