Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I never sang George Graham’s name at the lane - out of respect. That said I don’t deny I love the bloke as he gave me the best years of Wall life.

I won’t be singing the name of that Chelsea cunt and I’m very surprised that it’s stood for - but over south we are different!

:mourfacepalm:

So scoring in a solitary game against a piss poor Woolwich sides excuses a whole league campaign of just 2 league goals? Right oh.

It isn’t just Lampard - Sarri and Emre didn’t as well.

Again his stats tell the whole story - that was his first league goal this season and it’s nearly March.

Seriously if Giroud is being turned it something he is not to excuse our failings then we have serious issues.

Well it wasn't just a solitary goal last year was it Hood. Last season Giroud scored 13 goals and got 10 assists. He still gets selected for France as per their last international game played and was wanted by us, Roma and Inter in the January transfer window. Clearly he's useful as and when required even as a 33 year old who struggles to complete 90 minutes at this level now.

Last edited:
I could agree with him if we created chances and there was no one to finish them. But we got screwed by midfield consisting of fucking Ross Barkley. They had Kante injured and still managed to overrun us. Same as Villa did, we now make mediocre teams look like title contenders. I was happy with Mou as he fixed our defensive game, but now I don't see the progress in transition, we jump lump the ball to our tower who is Lucas or play some short balls between defenders and then lump towards Aurier, and then let the magic happen. Which means give it to Son/Moura/Gio and pray they produce something extraordinary. It's not about transfers, we have class players. But together they don't look like team, just class players forced to play in one shirt.
I'm not saying Jose out, I'm just concerned.

Also, where's Levy's fault in it? Spend money on great prospects and talents like Bergwijn, Gio, NDombele, appointed Mou who is 2nd best paid manager in league now. He didn't go cheap.

Being outplayed by dross has been happening for months, way back to last season. First game of the season we were in big trouble against Villa until the last 20 minutes. We got bullied by a terrible Fulham side at Craven Cottage last year and scraped a win somehow. This team has big problems that were around long before Mourinho turned up. The injuries are just making it twice as hard to fix.

Well it wasn't just a solitary goal last year was it Hood. Last season Giroud scored 13 goals and got 10 assists. He still gets selected for France as per their last international game played and was wanted by us, Roma and Inter in the January transfer window. Clearly he's usual as and when required even as a 33 year old who struggles to complete 90 minutes at this level now.

So goals in the Europa league against European minows are indicative of his class?!? Again he scored 2 in the league, 2 and had zero goals in the league this season prior to today.

As for playing for France? So what? He didn’t score if any single World Cup game despite playing in all of them and has only scored 1 international goal since then.

I do think there are some concerning signs from him but we can't ignore we are without two of the best forwards in the world and Jose hasn't had an offseason to implement the way he wants to play.

Maybe I want to be optimistic but I still think it's unfair to judge him until at least next season.

So goals in the Europa league against European minows are indicative of his class?!? Again he scored 2 in the league, 2 and had zero goals in the league this season prior to today.

As for playing for France? So what? He didn’t score if any single World Cup game despite playing in all of them and has only scored 1 international goal since then.

If he was finished completely at the top level would Deschamps still be selecting him?

How about his bloke. 33 yard of age, the same as Giroud, only scored 1 Ligue 1 goal since 8/18/19. Is he finished as well? If so why are Atletico so keen?

Giroud isn't fit enough for week in, week out 90 minutes but to ignore his quality is foolish mate. There's many other players who achieved great things at an age older than Giroud is. As a squad player to help out when injured he wouldn't probably be the difference in us being able to cope without Sonny and Kane, let's be honest.

If he was finished completely at the top level would Deschamps still be selecting him?

How about his bloke. 33 yard of age, the same as Giroud, only scored 1 Ligue 1 goal since 8/18/19. Is he finished as well? If so why are Atletico so keen?

Giroud isn't fit enough for week in, week out 90 minutes but to ignore his quality is foolish mate. There's many other players who achieved great things at an age older than Giroud is. As a squad player to help out when injured he wouldn't probably be the difference in us being able to cope without Sonny and Kane, let's be honest.

Much like Giroud; we got crucified by the discontents for not signing Cavani too..... Small world innit. :)

When you've achieved miracles with your hands tied up for 4 years, then get your pants pulled down, legs tied up, and dick slapped accross the face by your boss as gratitude, is it any wonder he gave up?

What will it actually take for you to admit the problem was not the manager, but the chairman who lost his managers confidence.

As you know ive already conceded that part of the problem lies with ENICand Levy but only part
Poch has to take his share of the blame

Do you really think that if he’d still been in charge today’s result would have been any different?

We certainly wouldn’t be in this league position, still in the CL and still in the FA Cup

We lost 0-2 to Chelsea in December with Kane, Son (for a while) and Sissoko on the pitch - none of the Special Geniuses excuses this time applied then. He has lost twice in a short period of time to a total newbie manager. It’s hard to improve when you believe you are the best in the world at your job. But that is what needs to happen, and urgently. I wish I could believe in it.

Is he going to continue moaning on every single pre and post match interviews and conferences how his team cannot win any game because he doesn't have a 7 feet donkey upfront to hoof the ball to?

He has a group of midfield players capable of keeping possession and create several clear cut chances every game, why is he not coming up with tactics suitable to players strengths available at his disposal?

When you've achieved miracles with your hands tied up for 4 years, then get your pants pulled down, legs tied up, and dick slapped accross the face by your boss as gratitude, is it any wonder he gave up?

What will it actually take for you to admit the problem was not the manager, but the chairman who lost his managers confidence.
What miracle did Poch achieve?

Is he going to continue moaning on every single pre and post match interviews and conferences how his team cannot win any game because he doesn't have a 7 feet donkey upfront to hoof the ball to?

He has a group of midfield players capable of keeping possession and create several clear cut chances every game, why is he not coming up with tactics suitable to players strengths available at his disposal?
Moaning? Or perhaps stating facts?

Back
Top Bottom