Troy Parrott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How bad can Parrott be??? Whenever I've seen him, I'll admit, I haven't been impressed but fucking hell, he's got to give us SOMETHING, right?

It's got to be about his own career, not just our short-term needs. It wouldn't be good to throw him into a high-pressure situation he's not ready for and cause much longer-term damage to his confidence, even if that did secure us an extra 1/2 points.

How the fuck will he be ready then???
Will he get ready just by "hanging around senior players"???

Because at least according to transfermarkt data he has only played between 500-600 minutes of youth football as well.

Not mature enough to go on loan.
Not ready to play for the main team.
Too good to play for youth team.

How is he expected to develop and get experiences like that? By magic? Playing Fifa ??

It's got to be about his own career, not just our short-term needs. It wouldn't be good to throw him into a high-pressure situation he's not ready for and cause much longer-term damage to his confidence, even if that did secure us an extra 1/2 points.

Not mature enough to go on loan.
Not ready to play for the main team.
Too good to play for youth team.

How is he expected to develop and get experiences like that? By magic? Playing Fifa ??

I think we see Parrott more on the bench now, and he may well start to get 15/20 minute cameos, but its pretty unlikely he'll get more than a handful of starts this season, a player just aged 18 usually isn't ready.

Our forward line will mainly be a mix of Moura, Dele, Bergwijn, Lamela and likely Lo Celso moved up, reinforced by the likes of Sessegnon and Gedson who are not really forwards but can be used there.

Stick him on the bench for the rest of the season and give him 10-15 minutes at the end of every game he's required. That won't burn him out or put too much pressure on his shoulders. I think that's a fair solution if Jose is worried about his maturity levels for this type of step.

I think that's a fair solution if Jose is worried about his maturity levels for this type of step.

I really wonder what it is that Jose doesn't see in him that he is ready by now, but we'll have to take him at his word. That is unless he's pulling a Jose and Troy starts against Leipzig.

The only thing I can possibly imagine is that now is not a great time to give him a debut and put all that pressure on his shoulders. A young player may just step up and instantly show the world he's world class :kaneear:. More than likely though he'll struggle because we have a whole lot of other struggles and might destroy his confidence or people's feelings towards him. No sense in ruining a young play by throwing him literally into fire.

This is what JM is afraid of. Youth player look promising, we put him against elites, player burns down by heavy burden and inexperience, fans start raging...then the player slowly disappears with much lack of confidence and motivation. I’ve seen this happen on so many occasions. I was really hoping to give him some game time for a different reason

This is what JM is afraid of. Youth player look promising, we put him against elites, player burns down by heavy burden and inexperience, fans start raging...then the player slowly disappears with much lack of confidence and motivation. I’ve seen this happen on so many occasions. I was really hoping to give him some game time for a different reason
Bingo.

Everyone clamoring for him to play will be calling him shit if he plays 2 games and doesn't score.

Just as bad getting last 15 minutes and not getting a touch. Everyone will think he's crap.
Think he needs a couple of easy 90 mins that we just cant afford or have capacity for these days.

Shoulda signed a striker or bedded him in sooner regardless of Son injury.

I mean he's a striker on a football club
Sure, and I think that he is probably chomping at the bit to get some game time. I agree with some others that there is a lot less risk to get him on the bench and start giving him 15-20 minutes at a time to get some experience and see how he stands up.

Sure, and I think that he is probably chomping at the bit to get some game time. I agree with some others that there is a lot less risk to get him on the bench and start giving him 15-20 minutes at a time to get some experience and see how he stands up.

This would be the most sensible option as hes quite pacy so putting him on as others are tiring should give him a bit more space and time.

Having pretty much exclusively coached at 16-23 the last few years the step up to adult football is huge.
And the reality is for some young players one bad tackle is their career at the top level done. (Terry Dixon was in our league at the beginning of the season. A sad football story right there).

You really can’t forget that professional footballers are men of 25-30 who have been conditioning their bodies every day For a decade plus. Up against a kid who is still growing.
It’s a tough tough game. And more physical than ever at the very top.

The chance for injuries to youngsters is huge. I’m glad the club protect the younger players as much as they can.

And I also know some of our fans can be absolute cunts to younger players whatever people say on here. When he does start to play hope people give him some time and show patience.

Where was Harry kane at 18??

Back
Top Bottom