Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (A) (16/02/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lo Celso being fully fit and available is massive news.

Lloris
Aurier - Sanchez - Alderweireld - Davies
Lo Celso - Winks - Ndombele
Dele - Bergwijn
Son​

weather.com are showing Sunday in Brum as raining with an 18-20mph wind blowing up from Kidderminster.
Doesn't sound like it should be putting the game at threat of cancellation.

I'd start with a back 4 of Aurier, Toby, Sanchez and Japhet
Ndombele, winks and Gio in the middle and Sonny, Dele and Steven as the front three.

Or if we're going 4231 Id stick with the 4 then go Dier and Winks, Lucas, Dele, Bergwijn with Sonny as the "9".

Having a player like Lo Celso who can play through minor knocks and seems to recover at a reasonable pace is very refreshing. We really need him to get healthy while Ndombele gets up to speed.

Haven't the NBA tried to find a way around that by offering something like "youth contracts" to kids that are out of high school in the G-League? Some form of low salary (for the sport) contract for kids that don't want to go to College where they play in the G-League until they can add their name to the draft.
Yes, but the irony is it's the NBA's own rule that doesn't allow them to go straight into the NBA. They could just change that rule. But I don't want to clog up the board with american sports. DM me if you'd like, happy to talk through it.

The main problem is the powers that be have decided that players can't get paid. There is this facade of amateurism. And in college (American) football, you literally can't go to the NFL until you've been out of high school for 3 years. The NBA is 1 year. So (American) football players have no choice but to go to college, while basketball players can risk playing overseas, or go to college for 1-2 years before entering their name in the draft.

In the revenue producing sports, we don't have an established minor league system/academies (or lower level/younger club teams tied to the professional teams) so if you're an athlete, essentially you have to go to college to continue your playing career and have any hope of playing professionally.

So you end up with people at a university who hold a grudge against kids in a system that they can't really avoid without forgoing their dreams. We've tied their talent to college, even though they may not be interested in more school. I'm not sure educators' fully accept/understand/appreciate that.
I think atten
Sharjah. It’s the only dry Emirate.
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom