January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess they figure every cunt has access to basic stats like "goals" "assists". This gives you a little more depth and context. People grumble about basic stats like goals, assists, key passes "don't tell you the whole story" or record the pre assist-assist etc. These do.

In the interests of a 'statbomb' being a more comprehensive 'product' it still seems a rather curious omission.

Expectation being Jose or Piatek in as striker.

Or do you think there are other candidates ?
I don't know, unlike previous seasons the information coming out of head office is now zero, my son in law tells me nothing at all. Last year there were more stories than you could shake a stick at, and in amongst the chaff was the truth, this year there is near total silence. All I've heard is after the event facts, and some background stories, it's not even worth asking anymore, even if he knows he's not saying. He told me a about the Parrott loan offer but only after it was pretty common knowledge.

Bit more forthcoming about the accounts, we are minted, beating targets on just about everything ... the 2019/20 accounts are going to be even more mind blowing than last year ... the club has a huge transfer budget, will they spend it? feck knows. FYI we don't factor in guaranteed CL income in the five year plan, everything we make is therefore just a huge plus.

He's 22 years old.

At the same age Lucas had just 5 goals in 68 games for PSG.

Guess Suarez is shit for stat padding in that league. Or the host of players who proved their worth over years of successful seasons.

Bergwijn pretty much shits on Lucas in every aspect and that's just by eye test.

I agree that Moura's shite, but by 2014 (when he was 22 I think) he'd had only started 27 games in L1, scored 5 and assisted 14 ?

I also agree with spurs9 about Bergwijn as well. Not a huge fan and don't think it's what we need in that already erratic front group.

6 priority. LB next priority. then an attacking player with some fucking brains and composure and his bumble gland removed.

I agree that Moura's shite, but by 2014 (when he was 22 I think) he'd had only started 27 games in L1, scored 5 and assisted 14 ?

I also agree with spurs9 about Bergwijn as well. Not a huge fan and don't think it's what we need in that already erratic front group.

6 priority. LB next priority. then an attacking player with some fucking brains and composure and his bumble gland removed.

Not sure I see us signing a LB for a couple of windows really. I fancy Mourinho will push with Davies as his first choice and hope that Tanganga can help out whilst Sessegnon learns how to make that slot his own long term. We hear Jose saying that Sessegnon is learning how to defend so I think he'll give that area time knowing we have an able player in Ben for a while yet.

RB, CB, DM are the biggest pain areas for me. Aurier is starting to show promise but still needs to kick on as although his current levels have improved, they still come up short. We can manage in most areas really, apart from DM which is where our top money should be getting spent.

Not sure I see us signing a LB for a couple of windows really. I fancy Mourinho will push with Davies as his first choice and hope that Tanganga can help out whilst Sessegnon learns how to make that slot his own long term. We hear Jose saying that Sessegnon is learning how to defend so I think he'll give that area time knowing we have an able player in Ben for a while yet.

RB, CB, DM are the biggest pain areas for me. Aurier is starting to show promise but still needs to kick on as although his current levels have improved, they still come up short. We can manage in most areas really, apart from DM which is where our top money should be getting spent.

We need a lb too dude

Ok so we desperately need a DM and a striker and we’re looking to buy a wide midfielder? Is anyone responsible of planning our transfers or do we just buy players randomly?

Never!

fa455838755ff2f8db3f0858ac5e8165.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom