Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not much, but he is already on 7 assists this season, more than you would've expected back in August.
Trippier on his best season had under 10 goals/assists in a season. Aurier is already 7 assists and 1 goal while winning the ball more anyone else in the team. When he slips, we are still 3 vs 2 in defense and the rest dont defend right but that means we miss Trippier...for fuck sake.

That was his only real error in the last two games, where he's been fantastic, overall.

We take one of the many good chances - yet again - that we had today and we win this game comfortably.

Don't pile on Serge for the sins of his past.

He's shown great development under JM in a very short period of time.

If he can gain consistency game-after-game, I'd be very happy to keep him here.
Some of us have seen exactly what he's got and have been blowing his trumpet way, way before Jose rocked up on our shores.

Sorry mate but people only waking up to him now simply got it wrong about him. People should just hold up their hands and say they got it wrong, rather than hiding behind a myth that it is only now that he's suddenly out of the blue to become a player. (sorry not having a pop at you personally)

Aurier cost the goal with a stupid mistake which tarnished an otherwise pretty stellar performance.

That is just Aurier, and Spurs in general in a nutshell right now.
Whilst he got caught in possession is true, just take a look at what was on for him at that point. That's Spurs in a nutshell right now.

If Son and Lucas aren't coming to receive the ball those on the ball have little to no options available. This applies to any player that's on the ball across this team. The team were flagging right at that point, the runs off the ball had stopped and not just Serge but a number of players (including the wonderful Lo Celso were caught in possession).

Whilst he got caught in possession is true, just take a look at what was on for him at that point. That's Spurs in a nutshell right now.

If Son and Lucas aren't coming to receive the ball those on the ball have little to no options available. This applies to any player that's on the ball across this team. The team were flagging right at that point, the runs off the ball had stopped and not just Serge but a number of players (including the wonderful Lo Celso were caught in possession).
Fair point mate

All true but when you're 1-0 up with 10 mins to go, don't lose the ball 30 yards from your own goal. If there's nothing on, just hoof it up the pitch.

I thought Serge was good and am only making a general point

You are not the only poster stating the players were flagging. Why? No CL for some time and out of League cup, I know we had a cup replay but not really playing more than other teams at present. So is it lack of rotation, players not fully fit from injuries or possibly without Poch's high profile training they are not as fit as they were? I do not know and wondered what others thought.

You are not the only poster stating the players were flagging. Why? No CL for some time and out of League cup, I know we had a cup replay but not really playing more than other teams at present. So is it lack of rotation, players not fully fit from injuries or possibly without Poch's high profile training they are not as fit as they were? I do not know and wondered what others thought.

- Just come out of a congested xmas period + midweek and cup games.
- Injuries limiting potential for rotation.
- A few players yet to earn JMs trust.

A less physically intensive training regime would be prudent over this preriod anyway, so the 'Poch training' thing is a redherring.

I think and therefore guess, that Jose simply hasn't rotated since he's been here, especially Kane (before he got injured) and Lucas. Son's also been played but in fairness has been suspended so no real excuse there IMO.

Poch's training had us peak over new year and now, in every single season under him were on firs during this period of the year.

All true but when you're 1-0 up with 10 mins to go, don't lose the ball 30 yards from your own goal. If there's nothing on, just hoof it up the pitch.

I thought Serge was good and am only making a general point
Hoofing it up the pitch (when we are sat so deep) is the same as losing possession. It's also kind of difficult to hoof it up the pitch when the route to hoofing it has been blocked off by the oppo.

Bottom line is in those moments, you need the ball carried up the pitch, which is what I think he wanted to do (it's Sissoko's only real good thing he does for us) or you have one of our players come towards him and make an angle.

Back
Top Bottom