Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you really want, I could explain to you why he is ordinary. But I would just be repeating myself. And that's a job better left to the likes of bus-conductor.

I think he is dreadful and wish he would go full-time in the music biz.
I mean yeah if you say so................

EPEhv0zWoAEfjnT

But he always passes sideways right?
No. But he doesn't want to receive the ball under pressure. And he takes too many touches. And he puts his team-mates under pressure by refusing to open his body up and pass forward on a regular basis. Did you see how he spent so much time sitting in between the Belgians against Norwich? Have you got a theory for that?

No. But he doesn't want to receive the ball under pressure. And he takes too many touches. And he puts his team-mates under pressure by refusing to open his body up and pass forward on a regular basis. Did you see how he spent so much time sitting in between the Belgians against Norwich? Have you got a theory for that?
giphy.gif

That is a great answer. Why did Mourinho say during the week that Ndombele gives us something we don't have?
There is quite a bit that we don't have in CM/DM this is not a secret, it's an open wound.

Ndombele next to Sissoko, doesn't work. Ndombele next to Winks doesn't work. Ndombele next to Eriksen doesn't work. Ndombele next to Dier might work if he was fit and on form. Ndombele is worse than Winks without the ball.

There's a puzzle that needs to be solved, the biggest piece in that puzzle is to have a DM a number 6 that enable an Ndombele & Winks more freedom.

There is quite a bit that we don't have in CM/DM this is not a secret, it's an open wound.

Ndombele next to Sissoko, doesn't work. Ndombele next to Winks doesn't work. Ndombele next to Eriksen doesn't work. Ndombele next to Dier might work if he was fit and on form. Ndombele is worse than Winks without the ball.

There's a puzzle that needs to be solved, the biggest piece in that puzzle is to have a DM a number 6 that enable an Ndombele & Winks more freedom.
We need Ndombele back because he offers tremendous press-resistance and verticality from deep. You don't like hoofball. I don't like hoofball. I also don't like laboured build-up play, which we get an abundance of from Winks. Just because Tony Gale keeps saying he moves it quickly doesn't mean it is so.

I think he's a fine part of our squad and decent back up. That's probably it unless you change the system to accommodate his style - I'm not convinced he's good enough for that honour, but he works hard off the ball and - so I am told - is very good to have around training etc.

Back
Top Bottom