January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw about 3 seconds of him on the highlights, but Jude Bellingham looked the type, anyone know if he's the right fit (google says hes reluctant to go to Man Utd...)

Just watching the above myself to see...

Edit : Very raw, but a talent, hope we go back to that model again. Not a Striker though, but I like the look of him a lot... YES YES YES! 16... Fuck!

Last edited:
I like Bowen but I think him and Kane will not work. Moura is limited but he turns defences because his pace. A three of Bowen Kane and Son will force us deeper, which our midfield can not cope with. We actually need more pace in the front line desperately. We need both pace and an eye for a pass( not much to ask for basically Mane). Not sure where you find his clone but I do think it's fair to point out he wanted to come to Spurs but someone would not meet the price.....🙄

Yup, I said he's not fast, but if you look at the video he is very quick to react to situations and gets in front of other players because of it to create and finish chances. Its the Teddy Sherringham conundrum, never fast but always first to the ball. Think Bowen is a good enough dribbler to get past players even without Son's speed so think he'd be ok - don't forget that often many teams sit back and for those raw speed doesn't always get through as there isn't enough room.

I'd like raw speed but it needs to come with the anility to pass or score or other end product - N'koudou had raw speed but almost nothing else for example - but not sure who else has the speed and end product who is 'gettable' atm.

And we do need a decent extra AM if Eriksen leaves as we would be left short.

Bruno Fernandes at a rumoured £68m is not an option, Danni Olmo is about half the price but seeming to be set on AC Milan, maybe others but who ? ...…....so think we are better getting Bowen who is decent even though not speedy rather than being left short

Well this thread has been fucking easy to catch up on.

source.gif

Saw about 3 seconds of him on the highlights, but Jude Bellingham looked the type, anyone know if he's the right fit (google says hes reluctant to go to Man Utd...)

Just watching the above myself to see...

Edit : Very raw, but a talent, hope we go back to that model again. Not a Striker though, but I like the look of him a lot... YES YES YES! 16... Fuck!

Great prospect but aged 16.

One for the future not the 2nd half of the season or even next season !

Bellingham is an incredible talent.

And one we should, as should all of the top clubs, have our eyes on. But yeah, he's... 16.

I am underwhelmed by the Bowen video. There were 2 or 3 creative goals. The rest were scored off perfect crosses or deflections to his feet when he was not marked. I would take him for $3 or 4 million as cover for Kane, or as squad filler for cup ties. But I doubt he is going to be any kind of difference maker.

I am underwhelmed by the Bowen video. There were 2 or 3 creative goals. The rest were scored off perfect crosses or deflections to his feet when he was not marked. I would take him for $3 or 4 million as cover for Kane, or as squad filler for cup ties. But I doubt he is going to be any kind of difference maker.

I mean, he's a winger.

He wouldn't be Kane cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom