Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kudos on the retort :)

Poor old Dave plays like he's got the bends.

He's prone to a wobble - looked like he had some kind of inner ear infection on Tuesday. Or at least a heavy head cold.

Still. We've definitely seen worse at the back in recent times.

Naybet, Davenport, Rocha, Fazio ..... Kaboul in between being alright for a bit, Vlad - players more deserving of the label "horrific" to be fair.

Last edited:
He's prone to a wobble - looked like he had some kind of inner ear infection on Tuesday. Or at least a heavy head cold.

Naybet, Davenport, Rocha, Fazio ..... Kaboul in between being alright for a bit, Vlad - players more deserving of the label "horrific" to be fair.

Harsh on Naybet but yes of course we've had worse than Sanchez.

I just feel that he's a very average premiership defender who wouldn't get near another top side's squad and we even paid 40+ mil for the privilege.

He's not the smoothest motherfucker for sure but, on balance, he's probably been our most reliable defender this season, in terms of doing purely "defendy" stuff.

305121-24257804-2560-1440.jpg

Edit: Just checked - and the lad is still only 33. Has played a total of 141 matches over his career so far, including stints in China, Slovenia and now the 2nd tier in Portugal.

Last edited:

One of the most ridiculous things I have seen on here.

He was excellent for us and absolutely massive in bringing on King.

One of the most ridiculous things I have seen on here.

He was excellent for us and absolutely massive in bringing on King.

Jesus, that bad? Have you read the match threads?

I honestly cant remember him being worthy of praise in his 30 odd games he played for us.

Goal against the scum i recall - perhaps that gets you a place in the hall of fame.

He’s very up and down. He looks as if he is a bit fragile confidence-wise. Second guessing his footing and the like, and making his first boob in a game seems to lead to further errors.

With a DM and in a settled defence with a leader performing well alongside and fullbacks doing their jobs I think he can flourish.

Very strange player. One game he can look imperious the next he can look like Bassong on acid, misjudging even the simplest bounce of the ball.

I still think he can become a top defender but the first step is to master the basics. I’m not convinced he’s done that yet. You can use his sporadic starts as an excuse but we are talking about the basics of defending. He seems to be prone to daydreaming and not paying proper attention, thinking he’s dealt with the danger before he has.

Back
Top Bottom