Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Exactly.

He isn't forced to play - so for him not to play, when he's head and shoulders better than every single one of his counterparts should surely mean something serious is up with him?

Its clear he's struggling with an injury. Which would also coincide with him not looking fully fit or being able to get fully fit because the groin is giving him an issue.

Our medical staff are known for being notoriously shit. FFS, they have prevented our own players to go for surgery in the past and didn't even know what was wrong with Lamela for months.
Ey?

He obviously isn't fit.

That doesn't equal a bad attitude though or him "not feeling it"

Im confused because apparently you can play perfectly normally and make powerful runs past several players with a sports hernia.

But you shouldn’t be playing?
Which one is it? Is he ok or not?
He’s ok to train and play but when he gets injured he wasn’t ok?

He called him out on his injury. He specifically responded with Lamela wanting to play for his team. It was a barb aimed at the player, that's an easy one to work out why as Lamela has nothing to do with Ndombele, no one asked about Lamela's injury, they journos where asking Ndombele. The player responded to the barb and made himself available, he got injured, the SAME injury why he took himself out of contention for the game. The injury that is known to the manager, yet he still played him.

These are the facts fella, it's what happened.

Sorry, but fu*k off mate. I have some respect for you as this community member but on this point you are absolutely full of s*it and biased assumptions nothing to do with facts.

Here is the transcript of this part of press conference when he was asked about Ndombele being injured or not -
Q: Is Tanguy Ndombele fit or is he injured?

A: "I cannot say he is injured, in five minutes we start a training session and you can go to the stands and watch it, he is going to be training normally so I cannot say he is injured," he said.

"I can say that yesterday he told me he was not feeling in condition to play the game. Not based on injuries, based on fears of previous injuries that he has had since the beginning of the season."

"Feeling not ready to start the game, but I cannot say he is injured, I can say he is not in condition to start the game, which is different."

Can you see it? ABSOLUTELY NO MENTION OF LAMELA here. What was he supposed to say when in fact Ndombele was about to take part in training session where press could feature?
He mentioned Lamela in different question. Before mentioning Lamela he also praised Sissoko workrate and defenders who have to play every game. He did not bring Lamela in as part of Ndombele question.

And in another press conference (as much as I can tell, first one was 26.12 so right after Brighton game and next 27.11 day before Norwich game) -

Q: "Given what you said about Lamela might he start at Carrow road and were you also dissapointed with what Ndombele said to you about not being in condition"

A: "I think Ndombele was honest. You know I think football players they like to play football. And for them to say "I don't feel confident to play. I feel not the best feeling about my condition, about my previous injuries" - is just being honest. And today we had solutions. We had Winks, Sissoko, Dier on the bench. We have Skipp that is a great kid fighting to improve and fighting for a place. Today we had solutions, against Norwich we have less solutions. So lets see - maybe one to give a look on training session and by yourself you can have feeling about his condition. But I hope that tomorrow morning after training he can come to me and say "I am ready to help the team".

You see. No mention of Lamela here in this context either. EVEN THOUGH Lamela was this time included in the question.

On top of that you absolutely cannot claim that Ndombele made himself available as a result of this comment. You don't have such information. You cannot present your OPINION as SOLID FACT. It also might have been that he actually was feeling better for the next game.
It might have been that he was fully fit for the next game and also for Soton game where his injury was a result of this clash. You don't know it.

So in conclusion - what you presented here are YOUR PERSONAL INTERPRETATION OF THE SITUATION THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FACTS. People are entitled to their opinions, but stop presenting them as solid facts.

Sorry, but fu*k off mate. I have some respect for you as this community member but on this point you are absolutely full of s*it and biased assumptions nothing to do with facts.

Here is the transcript of this part of press conference when he was asked about Ndombele being injured or not -
Q: Is Tanguy Ndombele fit or is he injured?

A: "I cannot say he is injured, in five minutes we start a training session and you can go to the stands and watch it, he is going to be training normally so I cannot say he is injured," he said.

"I can say that yesterday he told me he was not feeling in condition to play the game. Not based on injuries, based on fears of previous injuries that he has had since the beginning of the season."

"Feeling not ready to start the game, but I cannot say he is injured, I can say he is not in condition to start the game, which is different."

Can you see it? ABSOLUTELY NO MENTION OF LAMELA here. What was he supposed to say when in fact Ndombele was about to take part in training session where press could feature?
He mentioned Lamela in different question. Before mentioning Lamela he also praised Sissoko workrate and defenders who have to play every game. He did not bring Lamela in as part of Ndombele question.

And in another press conference (as much as I can tell, first one was 26.12 so right after Brighton game and next 27.11 day before Norwich game) -

Q: "Given what you said about Lamela might he start at Carrow road and were you also dissapointed with what Ndombele said to you about not being in condition"

A: "I think Ndombele was honest. You know I think football players they like to play football. And for them to say "I don't feel confident to play. I feel not the best feeling about my condition, about my previous injuries" - is just being honest. And today we had solutions. We had Winks, Sissoko, Dier on the bench. We have Skipp that is a great kid fighting to improve and fighting for a place. Today we had solutions, against Norwich we have less solutions. So lets see - maybe one to give a look on training session and by yourself you can have feeling about his condition. But I hope that tomorrow morning after training he can come to me and say "I am ready to help the team".

You see. No mention of Lamela here in this context either. EVEN THOUGH Lamela was this time included in the question.

On top of that you absolutely cannot claim that Ndombele made himself available as a result of this comment. You don't have such information. You cannot present your OPINION as SOLID FACT. It also might have been that he actually was feeling better for the next game.
It might have been that he was fully fit for the next game and also for Soton game where his injury was a result of this clash. You don't know it.

So in conclusion - what you presented here are YOUR PERSONAL INTERPRETATION OF THE SITUATION THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FACTS. People are entitled to their opinions, but stop presenting them as solid facts.
Thanks for posting mate.

I have followed this story as it has been presented in the press. His comments have been made across what three interviews/press confs??? Some of his comments were made in the section where the cameras were off, the bit the press conf where the written press get time with him after the filmed section, I think this bit has time embargoed release on it too.

So to confirm how it's been presented from Kilpatrick:

Retweeted by KP (JV a Spurs fan reporter)

Nonetheless, he has an ongoing injury to his groin, one that clearly hasn't heald effectively, with that there have to be questions asked as to why he was selected.

He shouldn't be selected mate. It's down to the manager. The injury is the same, groin, it's known about but the manager had a pop at him the other day, so he started today and got injured. He actually tweaked it after approx 5mins whilst lifting a leg up high to block a shot/cross (successfully), he held his groin immediately afterwards and struggled ever since.

He simply shouldn't have been selected if his injury wasn't properly heald. Now Jose come out in the press conf making out he's always injured, this is just poor and stinks of the early signs of the Jose we all know only too well. The mask is slipping.
Although not equivocal, this groin has been a problem since day 1.... but if it wasn’t ready then yeah evidently he’s brought him back too soon

real shame he looked a player til then

Although I do agree with you - there are a lot of strong, powerful black athletes compared with (for example) more technical Asians in football and other sports.

I remember Michael Johnson presenting a documentary about black sprinters dominating, 1 white sprinter running sub 10 seconds, looking at survival of the fittest as a result of those who survived slave ships to north america..

Although it might have a racist tone at face value, it is true that there is a correlation with powerful players being black, but also for example Asians being more technical but less athletic / powerful.

I think it becomes racist when you start looking at a players skin colour and say 'you called him powerful because he's black' when it's quite fair and legitimate to describe powerful players as powerful - not taking skin colour into account.

Of course I do see what you mean, and a black player can be looked at and called powerful without seeing him outside of a photograph due to stereotyping.

For what it's worth, the most technically gifted player I have perhaps ever seen is Ronaldinho, and those of an older generation often say Pele.

Ndombele for me is a technical player.. but let's not pretend he wouldn't kick the shit out of Winks in every physical department too just because he's black. Recognising his physical qualities over Winks' primarily would suggest to me racist undertones.

I do think Ndombele is getting some harsh reactions, but I had thought it was because he's new, foreign and a record signing rather than his skin colour. Seem to remember a similar sentiment with Lamelas hip problem when he was supposed to replace Bale as our record signing.
Perhaps you are right though and skin colour has a part to play.. it's just not something I had considered before reading your post to be honest.

Suppose right now my awareness of racist matters within the Tottenham fanbase is at a peak following the Chelsea game.
Good post. Notice you avoided the first and most controversial line about black players attitude being questioned more than others

My opinion is , is that’s bollox

Its usually black footballers who get labelled as having attitude problems.

It was aimed at him supposedly having a bad attitude. When nothing he's done since he's been a Spurs player should cause his attitude to be questioned.

I think alot of black footballers are racially stereotyped. Sterling is testament to that as well as Pogba when it comes to Souness discussing him.

It even sadly creeps out into social media when it also comes to describing certain players. "Beast" is one thats used quite alot. Black footballers don't tend to be labeled as being blessed with technical ability, it's more to do with their "power" etc.

Ndombele is a ridiculously good footballer who's had a problem with injuries. Nothing to do with him having a bad attitude, not feeling it or being lazy.

Crazy how Lamelas attitude is never questioned. Or in fact Diers last season where he seemed to miss weeks upon weeks.
I can’t buy into that comment

I don’t believe for one second he was injured the other day, he got a few kicks because they know he’s a bit sensitive, and then he went off because he’s frightened to get injured.
He fell right into their game plan, fucked up our own game plan, and you’ve been proper had.
You're not even a good troll anymore

Back
Top Bottom