Are we a one man team???

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There is no such thing as a one-man team. For that player to get the ball, someone needs to pass it to him, who's going to do that? The Arse weren't a one-man team with van Persie in their side, but he carried them through a lot of fixtures with late goals etc. He still needed the likes of Arteta to feed him the ball in good positions etc.

Bale has only hit scintillating form in the last couple of months or so - ever since the Villa game he has been pushing this side forward with his direction and power, especially when our strikers have been out of form, injured or in Africa! We are not a one man team, but we have a special talent that is driving us towards Champions League qualification and a run in the Europa League (I hope)!

On a tangential note - Bale's heart celebration - I keep seeing it everywhere in football. Was he the first to do it, Or had I just not noticed it before now?

I actually think we are ignoring players making better runs in order to feed Bale. Against Newcastle- Ade and Lennon made great runs to the left and Dempsey (Deuce to Flav) fed Bale on the right who was clearly in no position to shoot the ball. Yes he is in great form , and should be force fed at times, but the thought that we wouldn't score any goals if he wasn't playing is wrong.

Good stats, SL :)

We clearly aren't a one-man team the whole idea is ridiculous.

It reminds of the nonsense West Ham fans come out with about winning the World Cup. Now really it's not worth arguing with a stupid statement like that, given the fact that club sides aren't allowed to enter the World Cup, so the argument is false from the outset.

But if you do want to actually take them seriously, and obvious question is so Bobby Moore would play rush goalie then? Peters would cover the whole of the midifeld and Hurst would be the lone striker in a three man team?

Yep because that would be enough to beat the Germans. Those three, two of whom weren't blessed with notable pace, would get done 10-0 by San Marino before they crawled exhausted off the field.

PS Health warning - Many West Ham fans have anger issues when it comes to us. So be careful about whom you enlighten on one of their favourite pieces of nonsense. :)

I'd be very happy to get him in our team. One of many good reasons to hope Villa go down. But even if they stay up, I think we might nab him at a fair price.

His agent is certainly making come and get me noises already. I'm not sure we will be the only ones in for him though.

I don't know if it has been said yet, but I hope teams think we are a one man team. Then Lennon and Holtby will have more space.
any manager worth their money won't think that way... then again, as many an ex-manager turned pundit has proved they don't seem too clever and insightful

I don't know if it has been said yet, but I hope teams think we are a one man team. Then Lennon and Holtby will have more space.

I'd like to thin AVB knows this too and uses this as a tactic against the opposition, using Bale to create space for others.

But he's on a roll at the moment, even when he doesn't have a great game (like against Lyon) he still comes up with the goods.

Lennon has been a consistent performer this season (compared to usual form/other players), so this one-man team bollocks is just that.

It's just that Bale is scoring the goals - and also papering over large cracks at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom