Famous / Notable Spurs Fans

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not bigger than Phil Collins.
Jeff Beck as a musician, sorry i'd have to say he definitely outweighs Phil Collins as a rock legend that's stood the test of time. Some may disagree, fair enough, but then i'd guess it depends on their knowledge, age, perspective or just their taste.
Wish there were more of these fans to choose from and discuss.

Jeff Beck as a musician, sorry i'd have to say he definitely outweighs Phil Collins as a rock legend that's stood the test of time. Some may disagree, fair enough, but then i'd guess it depends on their knowledge, age, perspective or just their taste.
Wish there were more of these fans to choose from and discuss.

Big list to pick the bones out of. Not sure how accurate though:

Most celebrities use football as a means to enhance their image, but a few celebrity Spurs fans deserve a mention for either going to the games and or being top celebs anyway (and/or both)

SPECIAL CELEBRITY SPURS FANS

Neil Pearson
- star of Drop the Dead Donkey and other stuff - sits on the lower Shelf and travels away with Spurs and has done for many years even through the dark days and deserves his position at the top of the tree
Danny Kelly (TV & Radio Presenter & owner of Football365) - Real Tottenham man and sometime reader of TOPSPURS
Norman Jay OBE (DJ & Shelfside regular)
Charles Hodges & David Peacock (Rockney Musicians) Chas n Dave need no introduction after being associated with the club since 1981 when they got to No 5 in the charts with Ossies Dream (a song still sung on the terraces today). Also recorded Tottenham Tottenham in 1982, Hot Shot Tottenham in 1987 and both the banned "Victory Song" and "its lucky for Spurs when the year ends in one" in 1991. A Chas n Dave concert is always a Tottenham affair and they are Tottenham through and through with Spurs references in many of their songs
Peter Cook RIP (Comedian extraordinaire & Tottenham through and through)
Simon Mayo (DJ - Was the first person to play the Victory Song on the Radio 1, and his THFC credentials far outweigh the sometimes sadness of his day job which he cannot help being a DJ)
Roger Lloyd Pack RIP (Trigger)

Matthew Horne (actor comedian, Paxton ST holder)

Henry Kelly (Slick game show Host and TV and Radio presenter) - used to do the half time draws at matches in the 1980's
Warren Mitchell RIP (Actor) - White Hart Lane regular for years, despite playing a West Ham fan on TV for much of his life

Charlie Whelan (Former righthandman to the useless Gordon Brown) - Has strong Spurs credentials and earned his place at the top table by citing Pratt's 30 yarder at Notts County in 1978 as his favourite Spurs goal in a recent programme

Celebrity SPURS FANS

Ted Riley
(top young Actor)

Lush (early 1990's band)
Becky Anderson (Thinking mans crumpet, CNN presenter)

David Aaronovitch (Times journo) http://timesonline.typepad.com/david_aaronovitch/sports/index.html
Derek Ridgers (Cult Photographer: The man who photographed Britain's youth tribes)

Dave Barbarossa - drummer with The Ants, Bow Wow Wow, Beats International, Adamski, Republica and Chicane amongst others.
Phil Cornwell (Stella St Comedian)
Mario Vargas Llosa (Peru's most famous writer)
Gabriel Garcia Marquez (Colombia's most famous writer)
Ben Stokes (Cricket Legend)
Steven Severin (bass player with Siouxsie & the Banshees)
Ian Rankin (Author)
Allan Shutt (former pro-golfer & winner of the Isle of Man Open (&now landlord of the best pub in the Yorkshire dales www.thestationinn.net)
Ride (early 1990's band)
Stephen Mangan (Actor)

Jo Nesbo – (legendary author)
Adele – (Tottenham born singing sensation)
Hunter Davies (Thinking man's Sport Journalist)
Richie Benaud (Cricket Legend)
Patsy Kensit (Actress & former Mrs Gallagher)
Richard Littlejohn (Media Person) Proper Spurs in his own unreconstructed way
Bob England (Owner of the Rockney label and Chas n Dave manager)
Mike Gatting (Cricketing legend and fellow Mill Hill Village and Colindale old boy)
The Prime Minister of Sweden (politician chap) https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CS1gSiGWoAAauGs.jpg

Claire Tomlinson
(Lady Broadcaster)

Peter Jackson (Midlands Boxing Champion)
Egil Drillo Olsen (Legendary Football manager and Marxist)
Barry Davies (Legendary sports commentator)
Jonathan Trott (Ashes winning cricketer)
Willie Morgan ("Hello this is Willie Morgan, and welcome to White Hart Lane - the world-famous home of the Spurs")

Colin Buchanan (Dull Actor)
Salman Rushdie (Author)
Captain Mark Phillips (Royalty)

Ray Liotta (Goodfella's actor)
Linda Lusardi (1980's Dolly Bird)
The other Dean Martin (Capital Gold DJ)
Tim Ambrose (England wicketkeeper)
Charlotte Green (Radio Legend)
Tony Butler (Big Country Bass player)
Jah Wobble (Musician)

Klaxons (Indie Band)

Adam Richman - Man Vs Food TV show

Jon Morter - Campaigner

Rabbi Crackers (TV commentator, raconteur and agent to the stars)
Jarrett Bellini (Writer and traveller).
The King of Norway (Scandinavian Royalty)

Peter Purves (former Blue Peter presenter)
Dave Clark (The Dave Clark Five - A Spurs regular in the 1960's and a local lad)
Mark Alleyne (Quality Cricketer)
Natasha (80's pop sensation - owned a parrot called Terry Naylor)
Anthony Worrell Thompson (Funny looking TV cook)
Rachel Stevens (Singer and good sort)
Andrew Ridgeley (The talented one from Wham, racing driver and playboy)
Leslie Phillips (60's legend)
Bruce Foxton (Bassist with the Jam)
Paul Whitehouse (Comedian, the talented one in the Fast Show & gave Harry Enfield all his best ideas)
Julie Harris (Singer with Tight Fit)
Paul Merton (South London Comedian)
Jude Law (Actor & former favourite of Joe Thornton)
Stelios Haji-Ioannou (EasyJet bloke)
Jeff Beck (guitarist - He appeared on TOTP in the week before THFC's Cup Final with Chelsea in 1967 to perform the School Disco Classic Hi Ho Silver Lining and shouted "Up the Spurs" during his guitar solo - a quality effort - with thanks to John Gillam)
Shaznay Lewis (The talented one in All Saints)
Jerry Springer (Former Mayor of Cincinnati and reality TV show host)
Paolo Hewitt (Journo and Biographer)
Steve Nash (Basketball player, who is miles better than Henry's mate)
Emma (Baby Spice) Bunton (Singer)
Brandon Block (DJ)
MC B LIVE U. K Garage M
Faction G U.K Garage MC
Darren Day (So called Entertainer)
Peter Fosburg (Swedish Jolly Hockey sticks)
Sid Owen (Ricky from EastEnders)
Ian Thorpe (Aussie Swimmer)
Brian Walden (TV presenter and Journalist)
Barry Norman (Film person & WHL regular in the 1980's)
Russ Williams (TV Presenter)
Rikki Clarke (Cricketer)
Paul Young (1980's Crooner)

Marina Sirtis (actress)
Sam Warburton (egg chaser)
Kenneth Branagh (Actor & luvvie)
Anthony Andrews (Posh Actor)
Michael Brunson (Grumpy News Man)
Jimmy Jones (Cockney Comedian and East Stand season ticket holder)
Jo Whiley (Dull DJ, TV Presenter)
Wiley (Rap person, and not to be confused with above dull DJ)
David & Robbie Jaymes (Modern Romance)
Rachel de Thame (posh totty gardening presenter)
Luke Donald (Golfer)

David Hepworth (Smash Hits and Old Grey Whistle Test)
Jerry Stevens (80's TV star)
Lovely Miki from Lush (Shoegaze Crumpet)
David John (80's actor)
Andrew Osagie (Runner)
Lennie James (Actor)
Paul Hawksby (Talksport Bloke)

Bid (lead singer of Monochrome Set)
Ned Temko (Observer journo)
Brian Downey (Thin Lizzy drummer)

Bobby Davro (Comedian)

Jonny Buckland (guitarist for dreary Coldplay)
Iain Duncan Smith (Tory Ideas man)
Zac Efron (actor chappie)
Michael Fish (Sad TV Weatherman)
Francis Rossi & Rick Parfitt (Status Quo)
Bruce Forsyth (Game show bloke and sometimes a gooner)

Greg Jenner (BBC chap)

Michael McIntyre (Estate agent looking smarmy comedian of sorts)

And finally Trevor MacDonald (Newsreader)

Deceased Celebrity SPURS FANS

Peter Cook
(Comedian extraordinaire & Tottenham through and through)
Roger Lloyd Pack (Trigger)

Warren Mitchell (Actor) - White Hart Lane regular for years, despite playing a West Ham fan on TV for much of his life

Derek Jamieson ("Do they mean us" TV Bloke & 1980's WHL regular)
Chris Acland (Drummer in Lush/Lillies)
Bob Marley (Reggae legend)
A. J. Ayer (Philosopher & fellow Leeds University graduate)
Gary Olsen (Actor) - used to get Spurs references into his crappy sitcom.

David Nobbs (creator of Reggie Perrin etc)
Bernie Winters (Comedian)
Schnorbitz (Comedian's dog)
Bennie from Grange Hill (Actor)

Hans Keller (Music man)

Frankie Vaughn (Entertainer)
Frank Doel (manager of Marks & Co at 84 Charing Cross Road. Immortalized in the book by Helene Hanff which was subsequently a BBC Play and then a feature film starring Anthony Hopkins)
Bernard Bresslaw (Carry On Star)

By a lot of people Mick. Phil Collins is no slouch, but Jeff Beck is a top 3 guitar player of all time. That holds water with quite a few people on this planet.
I know he is
But Collins is worth billions for a reason, and by that metric it makes him a bigger, more popular and more successful recording artist
And I would say he was a better drummer than beck was a guitarist
See comparative record sales for details

You must be on the Christmas sherry.
Collins wouldn't make the top 20.
Think of Keith Moon, Ginger Baker etc they are light years ahead .
Sales can mean nothing in the sense of quality.
Abba have sold millions of middle of the road Europop but will always be regarded as housewife tosh and Collins has no legendary quality status.

Is Matt Horne on the list? Paraded at half time bigging up Gavin and Stacey and his love for Spurs. Has a ST but sells it to his mate lol

You must be on the Christmas sherry.
Collins wouldn't make the top 20.
Think of Keith Moon, Ginger Baker etc they are light years ahead .
Sales can mean nothing in the sense of quality.
Abba have sold millions of middle of the road Europop but will always be regarded as housewife tosh and Collins has no legendary quality status.
I made no attempt to talk about personal taste
I'm sorry that you have no understanding of what constitutes a good drummer.

:dempsey:

If you believe that then let’s just say agree to disagree on the subject as a whole.
I'd say that you either know nothing about both instruments, or definitely nothing about one.
I'm not hung up on Jeff Beck one way or another, and greatest lists are far too personal to take too much notice of.
Collins was an awesome drummer who was bested by very few contemporaries
I've never hear of Beck described in the same way.

I'd say that you either know nothing about both instruments, or definitely nothing about one.
I'm not hung up on Jeff Beck one way or another, and greatest lists are far too personal to take too much notice of.
Collins was an awesome drummer who was bested by very few contemporaries
I've never hear of Beck described in the same way.
Sure thing Mick

I know he is
But Collins is worth billions for a reason, and by that metric it makes him a bigger, more popular and more successful recording artist
But the Sun newspaper is very poplar and sells more than most ..but its shit, dont confuse poplar with good.
Although my opinion is that Collins is a much more talented bloke than Beck ( due to the fact he can act, play drums,sing and divorce his wife by text..what a legend..) BUT Beck is a fucking great guitarist.

But the Sun newspaper is very poplar and sells more than most ..but its shit, dont confuse poplar with good.
Although my opinion is that Collins is a much more talented bloke than Beck ( due to the fact he can act, play drums,sing and divorce his wife by text..what a legend..) BUT Beck is a fucking great guitarist.
Don't waste your time , he's so up his arse it hurts.

I dont confuse the two issues and neither do I think that Phil Collins is beyond reproach.
As a solo artist hes very marmite and he was part of a band that isnt everyone's cup of tea. I know that.
However, he is a technically gifted and innovative drummer with few peers and less people that are better, but I know that he isn't the drummers GOAT.
Krupa, Bonham, Rich and the eccentric Moon are all probably better but then you descend into genre drummers with talents for the styles that they were part of.
But then out of the list of better drummers -who (of them) were also the lead singer for one of the worlds best (one of - not THE) stadium bands with millions of followers across the globe, who went on to become a solo (singing) success in his own right?
Then name instrumentalists who also did that..... Prince?

So before you lot condemn me for my opinions, try looking at the facts and the numbers. You might not of liked him, or knew of how good a drummer he was, or even know just how good a band lead singer he was

But what he achieved, puts him beyond anything Beck ever managed musically.

Back
Top Bottom