Bayern Munich v Tottenham Hotspur (Wed 11 Dec @ 20.00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm guessing but maybe Jose thought :

1. Lo Celso has shown he is decent going forward, but doesn't offer much in terms of tracking back ( leaving KWP exposed) in the first what, 55 minutes. Maybe that is enough for Jose, he knows the positives and negative in defence...and even that he might want to use him more v Wolves do better to give him a rsest.
2. Skipp is brought on to give us 3 at CM ( matching Bayern in terms of numbers), and immediately makes a big impact in making it far more dynamic.

That is more logical than the last sub - dIdn't understand the Dier for Wanyama sub on 80 minutes unless it was to show any buyer that Wanyama was still part of Spurs first team ( or even loyalty to Wanyama"s brother who Mountinho coached at Inter).

I would have preferred JM to bring on Tanganga if we wanted to ensure we didn't concede or go for it by going back to s CM2 and bring on Parrott.
For the record, I had no problem whatsoever with Skipp coming on and agree that he made a decent impact

Does troll mean "someone who saw the game differently to how I did"?

Except he did

Yeah, like how he stood still if the ball wasn't passed to his feet, like how he continually gave the ball away, like how he looked about as bothered as Mr Unbothered, winner of 2019's Unbothered of the Year competition

We can play them in the quarters

Other than that, great insight
No it means the sad cunts on here who never post when we win but can't wait to get on and slam the team when we lose (even in a dead rubber) - if you don't know that where have you been?

Just look at yourself 5-0 win nothing much to say - 1-3 defeat and you're on fire - that's all a bit sad

I'll limit my thoughts to just the non-normal players since the likes of Rose, Eriksen and Dier were complete shit.

The good:

1. Sessegnon player very well. Impressed with his defensive contribution and something that really strikes me about his game is he is so smart positionally going forward. Always opening up space with his movements, very impressive.

2. Foyth. Thought the defense as a whole was poor, but Foyth was the one exception. Very calm on the ball and didn't have any of his mind numbing mistakes. I know it's been said before but he would be very interesting as a DM.

3. Skipp, in his short cameo, was very dynamic. I'm not sure he's good enough to start for us yet but I'm at least intrigued. Maybe against Norwich in a couple weeks?

The bad:

1. KWP just isn't good enough. He's a great dribbler and can work out of tricky situations but it seems he's constantly caught out of position and giving up too much space (yes, some of this is on the midfield not tracking back enough). He needs a loan to actually get minutes (and probably find his real level because I don't think it is with us).

2. Lo Celso. Maybe bad is harsh but he looked off the pace. I have been impressed by him in the past so maybe this is just a product of him not getting games recently.

3. Poor game from Lucas. Was bad in the air and lost almost every single one of the many balls we sent his way. For everything good I said about Sess' positioning, I would say the opposite about Lucas... he just doesn't seem to know how to create areas to run in.

Nothing too seriously negative though aside from KWP I would take from this game. Hopefully it just gives Jose more reason to look at Sess, Foyth and Skipp.

Just on the train back to city centre, and thawing out nicely. Good seat on the corner of the stand near their noisy fans. The orchestration of their support got tiresome after twenty minutes, had nothing to do with the way the game was going.
Although the result was meaningless, I was still wanting the win. Don't think anyone covered themselves with glory or made a case for breaking into the first eleven. Ryan was ok and took his goal well, and Juan looked reasonably solid.
One thing I noticed was their keeper was well off his line on umpteen occasions, but we never really capitalised on that.
I'll be glad to get back to the hotel, it's been a long day.
Goodnight all x
Safe journey back.

starsport12.jpg

Poch lost 2-7 at home with the first eleven, that's a hell of an over achievement - you are one dumb mother, do you ever engage your brain before posting your drivel?

I love it when I hear people say that's Poch over achieved with the players he had. It's almost as if we never had 9 players going into the final and 3rd place game of the World Cup and 11 making it into the knockout rounds. Simply put we had a gem, he couldn't do something with it so onto the next one and rightly so. Sad as he was well loved but facts don't care about feelings and the fact of the matter is we were rock bottom of the form league across all of 2019 domestically despite 2018 having as mentioned 9 players playing a part in the last weekend of the WC.

23 players at his disposal that had played for their country, 26 if you include Dembele up until January as well as Ndombele and Lo Celso this time around. 26 international players yet bottom of the form league. Hardly screams over achievement for the past 12 months does it as you said.

Last edited:
I really think the DM position is cursed for us.

No seriously I genuinely think there is something supernatural going on here. Sandro, Wanyama, Dier etc. All looked absolutely amazing for 18 months or so and then all of a sudden become league one level players.

I just don’t get it. . .

Also although I agree that Skipp should get a chance over Dier, I just know that Jose won’t do it because he wants a DM in there that can win headers. :mourcheeks:
Wilson Palacious was the same

Okay, some takaways from the game -

- Sessegnon was FUUUUCKIING AWESOOOMEEE. Did you see his speed? Did you see his positioning? Did you see his awareness for passes. Wonderful!

Aaand thats where positive stuff ends.
- Dier- like mentioned in other thread, he is finished. Not doing anything and in all of the games he has played under Jose we have lost midfield battle. Should be categorized same way as Wanyama going forward.
- KWP - just not good enough in any sense. Not strong enough, not in right places while defending, dribbling under pressure too much, can't put in a good cross. Time to sell him to Newcastle, I doubt that he would either enjoy this less-than-10-games-per-season circus
- really hard to judge Foyth beacuse of those 2 factors - life for CB is hard when CM and fullbacks are not properly helping
- Eriksen and Lo Celso were both totally invisible during the game. Ofc can't do everything on their own, but still. Expected more. Though it is hard to judge Moura - he played totally out of position, he should never be the man who takes down the headers near oppo box.

Guess we learned something about our lads and can move on.
Result was not embarrasing and in the end did not matter anyway. On weekend we should have fresh Aurier, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Kane and Alli to be used against Wolves, should be better then!

Back
Top Bottom