Bayern Munich v Tottenham Hotspur (Wed 11 Dec @ 20.00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Midfield is a huge issue, we have to sign a quality CM ASAP. We can’t control games against serious teams.

Tonight was crap but Son should still have scored 2 and Sissoko cocked up another certain goal, so we weren’t completely terrible. It was a meaningless game and Mourinho made that very clear, I’m not sure how much he will have learned or how harshly he will judge players like Lucas, Dier and Sissoko who played zombie football.

GLC should be our CM.

Feels a little bit demoralising. Being the pawns that get sent out over the wall, WWI style.
Could have played for dignity, after the home game.
Maybe but if there was an injury I'll be livid.

It was shit but easily ignored... Sess & Foyth will have grown from it rather than being on the bench imo.

I think tonight was a really useful exercise and will tell Mourinho a lot.

It proved that we don't have a single quality fullback at the club. And if this isn't addressed in January the club is fucking clueless.
Davies and Aurier are first choice but lets be honest they are both mid table quality. Davies wouldn't look out of place in a Burnley shirt, Aurier is a mistake waiting to happen. Behind them you have Rose and KWP neither of which would get in my pub team at the minute. Rose is done, his best days behind him. KWP is weak, out of position and has zero composure in forward areas, I can't see any strengths in the boy at this level, I'm not even sure he could thrive at Championship level watching that.
He obviously rates Dier but he looks like he is running in treacle, can he play him back into fitness? and at what cost to the team?

Positives-ish.... Lo Celso and Sessegnon at least showed a little bit of promise, but not enough overall.

Foyth for me is the future alongside Sanchez, always rated him.

I think we need to fuck off all the bad eggs now; Rose, Eriksen and anybody else that is holding the club to ransom.

Mourinho will realize now the depth he thought he might have is a paper tiger at best.

This is not even on our worst 5 games this season :bmj:
Hmm I don't know about that. I think when you are getting so easily torn apart by an elite team in the CL and they are just taking the piss out of us constantly, that sticks in the mind and feels more depressing than a loss to another PL team. I don't think we've been this dominated for a full game, other than maybe the Liverpool game.

Utterly baffling second half, take off the future (GLC), who'd had a pretty decent game, leave on the past (Eriksen), who had another fucking stinker. Bring on a donkey.

As Joe said, I'm sick of the sight of Eriksen. Typified by an admitedly hopeful pass near the end on the wing when he just stood still and watched it go out.

Cunt

City have given us a couple hidings over the last decade but they have never truly embarrassed us like today.

Can't remember the last time I watched an opposition team taking the piss on us for entire 90 minutes.

We were embarrassed at home with our first team. This wasn’t an embarrassment.
I think it just compounded the embarassment from the first leg that we couldn't salvage something respectable here to make the first leg look like just a freak incident. Bayern could have had a lot more goals tonight if they really wanted to, they kinda went easy on us.

We could Get -

PSG
Juventus
Barcelona
Leipzig
Valencia.

Jose has finished runners up twice and won the competition..

Just saying.
He had Stankovic, Thiago Motta and Sneijder as midfielders though, not Dier and Moussa (love him but can't win the big ones with him).

Players who strenghtened their stock: Foyth, Sessegnon, Skipp
Players who did not: Eriksen, Dier, KWP (sadly), Rose.

Other takeaways: We need some new DMs in quickly. Get Zenit on the line and Barrios in.

Sessegnon good; Foyth fine; Sissoko tried; Skipp looked like he wanted to play and be brave; don’t think KWP was too bad considering he had no support from Lo Celso. GLC not helped by having no support from MF or Eriksen for sharp movements.

I think Wanyama was no worse than Dier - positionally they have better brains than Skipp, but none of the mobility. Rose doesn’t seem to care any more - I guess he knows his number’s up, and Eriksen is fulfilling his contract.

Better from Gazza, though- and Alderweireld thorough pro as ever.

All done.

Back
Top Bottom