Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which ignores my point entirely about games played and your hysterical phrasing.

"Stealing" a wage and/or a squad spot is David Bentley not Erik Lamela.

What is he then?

Much of the butthurt surrounding Lamela is a byproduct of his fee... It was 6 years ago and the club decided to extend his deal since. It's a shame peeps aren't over the price tag by now.

Should Dele only be a bench warmer cos "he only cost 5 mill"?

We have distinct issues with this squad... Once again, despite his detractors getting restless, EL is not a significant one.

So you think we should give a squad place to a player who, at best, is available to play half the time and not give it to player who could be available any time?

Are you actually Erik? Cause no one else thinks that makes sense after SIX years of him going missing.

He's finished with us - anyone who refuses to see that is in denial unfortunately. Sad but true

Time to move on - when he played he did always give 120% for which I'll always respect him. And he hated Cuntshire which is a massive bonus

I always liked him especially when he trod on Fibreglass’ hand
Classic

I love Erik, but even I think he's not reliable enough to warrant a squad number any more. For his own wellbeing, he might be better off with a lesser club. Will be a sad day though when he goes.

I love Erik, but even I think he's not reliable enough to warrant a squad number any more. For his own wellbeing, he might be better off with a lesser club. Will be a sad day though when he goes.
Yes maybe his time could be up? It's extremely frustrating because he seemed to be playing really good football and definitely adds/added a point of difference with his energy and passion which can appear to be missing elsewhere at times.

So you think we should give a squad place to a player who, at best, is available to play half the time and not give it to player who could be available any time?

Are you actually Erik? Cause no one else thinks that makes sense after SIX years of him going missing.

You're still just ignoring every point I'm putting to you in favour of more hyperbole.

The guy's under contract; I'm not condoning "giving" anything.

If the situation is as bad as you make out then we won't be able to sell him anyway.

Regardless, this summer... We should ditch Lamela AND Eriksen, Sessengon & GLC (who for varying reasons have all played less than Lamela this year.... #WageThieves)?

He's finished now for certain. Jose won't take pity on him the way Poch did.

giphy.gif

Are you really, really, really sure about that? I'd hate one of your Lamela predictions to come back and haunt you.

:dembelelol:

Even his greatest fans are coming around to my way of thinking now. The guy's got a contract so if he wants to see it out there's nothing we can do. I couldn't fathom how anyone would want to see more of him ahead of the likes of Lo Celso and others. I just don't see any way he fits in with a Mourinho side. The front four need to produce a big output in his teams and there's no evidence he has that in him.

Even his greatest fans are coming around to my way of thinking now. The guy's got a contract so if he wants to see it out there's nothing we can do. I couldn't fathom how anyone would want to see more of him ahead of the likes of Lo Celso and others. I just don't see any way he fits in with a Mourinho side. The front four need to produce a big output in his teams and there's no evidence he has that in him.
I think with a bit of imagination you could actually see how his tenacious approach and direct passing abilities could suit a Mourinho team. At least as a sub.
His injury record is awful though, and Mourinho may well not have the patience for it, so you might get your wish.

No no no.
Don't put words into mouths of other people.

What I see in this thread is that ppl (including myself) are utterly dissapointed of his fitness/injury issues and pointing out that he is not reliable enough in that sense, while you have been dancing around for years, saying that he is bad footballer, has nothing to offer, should never be played above even some players that are sold long ago, he'll never play for us again etcetc.

Those are VERY different conclusions / views.

No no no.
Don't put words into mouths of other people.

What I see in this thread is that ppl (including myself) are utterly dissapointed of his fitness/injury issues and pointing out that he is not reliable enough in that sense, while you have been dancing around for years, saying that he is bad footballer, has nothing to offer, should never be played above even some players that are sold long ago, he'll never play for us again etcetc.

Those are VERY different conclusions / views.

If you go back in this thread and others you'll see the arguments I've had that Lamela is nowhere near a player like Son's level, or Eriksen's and doesn't match Dele's output, and his heights never reached those of Moura's. No-one's arguing that anymore. The fitness issues offer an easy out. If a player is good enough, he's worth persevering with.

The Lamela pattern has always been that he often outperforms players at the start of the season because he's often fresher and better prepared due to not being a regular international. The others catch up and overtake him, he then dissappears with an injury, comes back and is crap before scoring a tap in on the last day or something. And the cycle begins all over again.

You're still just ignoring every point I'm putting to you in favour of more hyperbole.

The guy's under contract; I'm not condoning "giving" anything.
Which is why EVERYONE wants to sell him now.

If the situation is as bad as you make out then we won't be able to sell him anyway.
True, but he should not be offered any new contracts and if we get lucky and he's fit during a window, we should be actively looking to invite offers, of anything.

Regardless, this summer... We should ditch Lamela AND Eriksen, Sessengon & GLC (who for varying reasons have all played less than Lamela this year.... #WageThieves)?

I did say I won't make a statement on any of the new players who haven't played loads. They may all end up injury nightmares, they might not. Fact is, as at today, none of them have any injuries and can be picked to play whenever the club wants. Lamela cannot. - I acknowledged they all came
Eriksen - why are you bringing that **** into it? We ALL know he needs to be bombed out of the club ASAP.

So yeh to conclude, you have a very flexible, self-serving view upon what a "wage theif" is and what a more than 50% appearance rate brings to a squad.

I listed the players I did on the basis that we can only make so many changes in 1 position in any one trf window and like I say, for one reason or another, in theory none of them could be part of our AM ranks.

If Lamela doesn't make the cut next summer so be it but being in denial about how much he has played compared to your preferred players doesn't change anything.

So yeh to conclude, you have a very flexible, self-serving view upon what a "wage theif" is and what a more than 50% appearance rate brings to a squad.

I listed the players I did on the basis that we can only make so many changes in 1 position in any one trf window and like I say, for one reason or another, in theory none of them could be part of our AM ranks.

If Lamela doesn't make the cut next summer so be it but being in denial about how much he has played compared to your preferred players doesn't change anything.
Do me a favour, ignore me. Like actually click the ignore function.

You're obviously a bit dense and I can't be bothered to keep responding.
And yes, I am hitting ignore on you.

I can't wait to raise your hand in victory mate.

Back
Top Bottom