Man Utd (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I took the time, I gave you a handful of examples, a couple of which you then made limp excuses for, such as "he'd taken a knock a few minutes previously". It's got fuck all to do with dishonesty, it is just fucking time consuming to wade through a game (again) screen grab whole sequences, convert them and fucking narrate them, just for you to come up with some spurious excuse.
Your examples were limp. Five of the six did not prove your point. Your chicanery knows no bounds, and that's what rankles. I don't rate Sissoko-he hides all the time-and I don't rate Winks. Not only have I never denied that Sissoko hides all the time, but I have actually made a big issue of it. With screengrabs, etc. But your defence of your favourites is always to blame their shortcomings on the inadequacies of others. Always. When you were caught wanking under your desk at school, I bet you always tried to blame it on someone else.

Of the two players, Winks is universally recognised as the more technically capable one, including by, you know, our superbrain of a head coach. So when he hides, or plays a 5-yard pass in order to shirk his responsibilities, of course it is disappointing. Except it is not: it is Sissoko's fault; it is Dier's fault. Only when a proper fucking midfielder enters the fray for us, these things can be accomplished, despite the continued presence of cloggers like Dier and Sissoko. But that kind of stuff that takes vision, courage and technical ability, doesn't it?

8uSd2o9.png

eiUMiBO.png

cNwff3C.png

The 5-Yard Special. You ready for it?

RNKdffG.png

Wow.

mBq3Ozu.png

ZhOmdWY.png

1ZqixxP.png

arXJM1V.png

Ready for 4/5 touches and a 7-Yard Special?
TgSUipZ.png

Oh, wow!
YWL4Cix.png

The 6-Yard Special
mcPJwYU.png

Boy, oh, boy!
E8BRT2p.png

ajZkTDX.png

I'll turn my back on you.
jPlATNS.png

U2u4kx2.png

C69a6uo.png

06AKjSJ.png

I don't rate Sissoko-he hides all the time-and I don't rate Winks. Not only have I never denied that Sissoko hides all the time, but I have actually made a big issue of it. With screengrabs, etc. But your defence of your favourites is always to blame their shortcomings on the inadequacies of others. Always. When you were caught wanking under your desk at school, I bet you always tried to blame it on someone else.

In the same way that I caveat nearly every post about Winks by saying he doesn't get in my first eleven. I've stated about a hundred times I'd rather even see 18yo Skipp out there as the holder, but some how in your vexed state this translates as me "defending a favourite".

You asked for an example of what I said about Sissoko's laziness and cowardice isolating Winks. In the first 8 minutes of game I looked through I gave you one. I don't say "this makes Winks a great player".

Winks has shortcomings for sure, he can go a bit awol too, his passing lacks incision and ambition much of the time - but part of that is that he's being played in a remit that is not ideal, he was never a DM throughout his academy time, and will never be one at senior level, he was an 8, and even then, as I always said, he was no more than a decent steady Eddy, I'm on record as saying Onomah was by far the more talented footballer. I'm also on record as saying I think Skipp, despite being 5 years younger, with about 5 minutes senior experience, is the more talented footballer with better vision and incision in his passing. That's hardly a roaring endorsement of my favourite is it?

But Winks, though does hide at times, generally at least, hides a fuck of lot less than Sissoko, he will at least tear around at times trying to get to players, even if a lot of it lacks fucking composure. He can at least control a ball and his passing is more vertical and ambitious than Sissoko's, and I accept, that is saying next to fuck all.

And against ManU, Sissoko hid a fuck of a lot. Winks saw as much ball as him in 15 minutes less on the pitch, despite all the action being on Sissoko's side of the pitch.

Of the two players, Winks is universally recognised as the more technically capable one, including by, you know, our superbrain of a head coach. So when he hides, or plays a 5-yard pass in order to shirk his responsibilities, of course it is disappointing. Except it is not: it is Sissoko's fault; it is Dier's fault. Only when a proper fucking midfielder enters the fray for us, these things can be accomplished, despite the continued presence of cloggers like Dier and Sissoko. But that kind of stuff that takes vision, courage and technical ability, doesn't it?

Winks is universally recognised as the more technically capable because he is. At least he is capable of a fucking five yard pass.

I'm not saying Winks deficiencies are Sissoko's fault, I'm saying Sissoko's ability to hide combined with his superior technical deficiencies puts extra pressure on a player (Winks) who already has his own deficiencies stretched to the max.

Find me a post when I've ever said Winks passing shows great vision or courage.

cNwff3C.png

The 5-Yard Special. You ready for it?

RNKdffG.png

Wow.

Pretty fucking lame example, no?

Where exactly do you want Winks to pass that ball? Any other pass surely risks losing possession or humping long?

mBq3Ozu.png

ZhOmdWY.png

1ZqixxP.png

arXJM1V.png

TgSUipZ.png

Oh, wow!
YWL4Cix.png

The 6-Yard Special
mcPJwYU.png

Boy, oh, boy!

Surely you can do better than this?

What is this proving, what are his options? He's moved the ball forwards to the only man in space ? Are you disappointed he's not whacking 40 yards onto Kane's head?

arXJM1V.png

TgSUipZ.png

And again, plays it forwards to his only apparent available option, what better options does he have here?

Come on five, surely you can be more creative than this.

You are the fucking Winks of clip posting.

In the same way that I caveat nearly every post about Winks by saying he doesn't get in my first eleven. I've stated about a hundred times I'd rather even see 18yo Skipp out there as the holder, but some how in your vexed state this translates as me "defending a favourite".
Every time I criticise Winks, you try to make the conversation about Sissoko. Or Dier. Or anyone else.
And again, plays it forwards to his only apparent available option, what better options does he have here?

He has an opportunity to break the lines there, you mendacious gimp. The vertical pass to Alli is on all day long. But he slows everything down by taking too many touches and then playing a nothing-pass to an even more technically limited player (Sissoko). Winks' role within the team is different to that of Sissoko. So when he gets an opportunity to hurt the opposition on a counter-attack, why is he wimping out like that? The reason Sissoko ends up being the only option for him is because he took too long to play the pass. Or did you not see the screengrab above that?

Every time I criticise Winks, you try to make the conversation about Sissoko. Or Dier. Or anyone else.

Bullshit.

I just don't see it as black and white as you. As CM's Winks is meh, Sissoko is shit. Right now, Meh > Shit IMO.

Even without buying anyone, just using players we have I don't want Winks or Sissoko in my midfield ideally. How many times do I need to say this?

The vertical pass to Alli is on all day long.

You mean the pass to an Alli (who also has technique issues, especially when pressed) who has Fred right next to him?

Get fucking real.

Oh, wow!
YWL4Cix.png

The 6-Yard Special
mcPJwYU.png

As things stand I'm the Ndombele (bit lazy but better execution) and your still the fucking Winks (panting furiously to achieve fuck all) in this clip-off.

Bullshit.

I just don't see it as black and white as you. As CM's Winks is meh, Sissoko is shit. Right now, Meh > Shit IMO.
No. They are both meh. Tell me-how did you enjoy Winks' pressing the other night? Give you priapism, did it?
How many times do I need to say this?
This is most unlike you-claiming you are not a fan of repeating yourself now? For real?
You mean the pass to an Alli (who also has technique issues, especially when pressed) who has Fred right next to him?
Get fucking real.
Right. Or Son. But no. Give it to Sissoko. Who does not have technique issues. Who cannot make a 5-yard pass, according to you. That'll do. And give United all the time in the world to get their shape back. Sweet.
As things stand I'm the Ndombele (bit lazy but better execution) and your still the fucking Winks (panting furiously to achieve fuck all) in this clip-off.
And you are like a combination of Parker and Lloris-going around in circles, drunk at the wheel and throwing it into your own net.

Having a conversation with Baz is as likely to give you an objective view of me as asking Trump for his opinion of Hilary Clinton.
I was less than complimentary about Sissoko who he sees no wrong in and was then foolish enough to question his understanding of football.
Since then he has proceeded to behave like an 11 year old in a playground spat and I can't be bothered to exchange views on his level. He also resorts to obscenity laden tirades so at that point he went on ignore.
You'll be fine with him as long as you dont criticise players who he deems to be gifted.
See my earlier post about the internet about the type of people it allows to surface.
Actually I enjoy both your posts. You both seem knowledgeable and intelligent with a sense of humour.. Not much point in continuing adversity. After all, we all want the same end result.

You asked for an example of what I said about Sissoko's laziness and cowardice isolating Winks. In the first 8 minutes of game I looked through I gave you one. I don't say "this makes Winks a great player".

Winks has shortcomings for sure, he can go a bit awol too, his passing lacks incision and ambition much of the time - but part of that is that he's being played in a remit that is not ideal, he was never a DM throughout his academy time, and will never be one at senior level, he was an 8, and even then, as I always said, he was no more than a decent steady Eddy, I'm on record as saying Onomah was by far the more talented footballer. I'm also on record as saying I think Skipp, despite being 5 years younger, with about 5 minutes senior experience, is the more talented footballer with better vision and incision in his passing. That's hardly a roaring endorsement of my favourite is it?

But Winks, though does hide at times, generally at least, hides a fuck of lot less than Sissoko, he will at least tear around at times trying to get to players, even if a lot of it lacks fucking composure. He can at least control a ball and his passing is more vertical and ambitious than Sissoko's, and I accept, that is saying next to fuck all.

And against ManU, Sissoko hid a fuck of a lot. Winks saw as much ball as him in 15 minutes less on the pitch, despite all the action being on Sissoko's side of the pitch.

Winks is universally recognised as the more technically capable because he is. At least he is capable of a fucking five yard pass.

I'm not saying Winks deficiencies are Sissoko's fault, I'm saying Sissoko's ability to hide combined with his superior technical deficiencies puts extra pressure on a player (Winks) who already has his own deficiencies stretched to the max.

Find me a post when I've ever said Winks passing shows great vision or courage.

Pretty fucking lame example, no?

Where exactly do you want Winks to pass that ball? Any other pass surely risks losing possession or humping long?

Surely you can do better than this?

What is this proving, what are his options? He's moved the ball forwards to the only man in space ? Are you disappointed he's not whacking 40 yards onto Kane's head?

Is it true though that you were caught wanking under your desk ??
we all want to know and is your nickname really ‘Limp’?

🧐

No. They are both meh. Tell me-how did you enjoy Winks' pressing the other night? Give you priapism, did it?

No, one is meh, the other is shit.

Right. Or Son. But no. Give it to Sissoko. Who does not have technique issues. Who cannot make a 5-yard pass, according to you. That'll do. And give United all the time in the world to get their shape back. Sweet.

Invisible Son, who isn't even in the picture, he of the great control, who struggles with 3 yard passing you mean ?

If you reach any further you'll get all the way round and be able to tickle my priapism.

And you are like a combination of Parker and Lloris-going around in circles, drunk at the wheel and throwing it into your own net.

You were Winks, you are now morphing into Sissoko, bumbling around incoherently, hiding behind Lingaurd, with your priapism pointing at an invisible Son.

Ok fella, you're really becoming a little annoying now in your little cringe quest for world peace. Stop trying to police how people talk to each other on here - has nothing to do with you and if you don't enjoy -it there are other far more PC forums. At your age you should be enjoying a peaceful retirement instead of averaging 30 posts a day often in an 18 hour cycle of semi-intoxication. I don't mind your passive aggressive views either - but please give it a rest with this
This is a lot worse than the post you critcised Mick for.
B55 is roughly my age, which isn't exactly doddering....(I perform major surgery 3 x weekly), and your remarks about intoxication are quite frankly insulting at best. You owe him an apology and also to anyone of a similar age and disposition. Quite frankly, you are a insensitive, boorish bully who has no manners or class.

B55 is roughly my age, which isn't exactly doddering....(I perform major surgery 3 x weekly), and your remarks about intoxication are quite frankly insulting at best. You owe him an apology and also to anyone of a similar age and disposition. Quite frankly, you are a insensitive, boorish bully who has no manners or class.
How is it worse? I don’t care if he spends his days of retirement having a few bottles of wine daily but the constant sanctimonious holier than thou nonsense about forum peace is nauseating at best. This forum is different to others - so you either fit in or crack. But don’t try and change it to your particular liking

No, one is meh, the other is shit.
They are both meh, and have no business playing regularly for a side that wants to finish in the top 4/compete for titles.
Invisible Son, who isn't even in the picture, he of the great control, who struggles with 3 yard passing you mean ?
You're not even looking at the pictures. There is this trick in football-it is called switching the play. And there is another one-playing a ball over the top/behind the opposition's defensive line. Good midfielders have these tricks. So when Winks played the 5-yard pass to Kane, what did Kane do? Why, he fucking played a killer pass in behind for Moura, who contrived to make a pig's fucking ear of the cross. But why should we ask our midfielders to do stuff like that when we have one of the best strikers in the world we can call on to spend half a game playing in midfield to do their fucking job for them?

Yeah, Arc can be blunt, but he has a point about people trying to change too much. We don’t need no sheriffs round here - however well meaning they are.

Yeah, Arc can be blunt, but he has a point about people trying to change too much. We don’t need no sheriffs round here - however well meaning they are.
I think B55 is similar to me. Clearly neither of us like confrontation of any sort. Maybe we should both try to grow thicker skins if we want to enjoy the forum. Ho hum. Off to make my rounds. Going to the game tomorrow?

I agree totally and I've never 'sherriffed' or tried to 'police' one single post on here. I'm neither responsible or accountable for any peace that has been restored between members on here...they are.
All I did was remark on how much more pleasant it was to see threads full of interesting posts rather than insults and threats.
If that's a problem to some people on here then I'll stop such comments/observations but please don't anyone accuse me of trying to 'police' the forum or in any way 'correct' postings..that's utter bullshit.

Back
Top Bottom