Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He frightens the life out of me. Most of what he did last night was really, really good, but there were maybe half a dozen errors with the ball and defending 1v1 situations. If he is the best we have, then it doesn't say much about our alternatives.

You say "if".... Do you not agree then?

.....Perhaps we can reconvene when the others have been addressed

What I am trying to work out is whether Toby and Jan are more or less finished, or if they can actually find some form again. Both remain a big asset with the ball at the feet but their legs seem to be on the way out.
Jan looks much closer to finished to me. Toby I think there is something left still, would probably give him a 2 year contract if he's sign it.

What I am trying to work out is whether Toby and Jan are more or less finished, or if they can actually find some form again. Both remain a big asset with the ball at the feet but their legs seem to be on the way out.
A big asset with the ball at their feet.... IF the other team lay off them and give them time. As soon as they get pressed, well we don't count that, we just blame Dav

I think Toby could still shine in games where we're controlling the game. He's not going to do well if we're struggling and losing the midfield and the forwards are being pegged back and unable to make their runs so he could ping his nice long balls forward.

I hear ya..... My prior comments are based on current form and primary function (i.e. Defending).

Jan: Age-factor suggests to me that it's more than likely a simple case of him fading (fast) in physical terms.
Toby: Is a bit more baffling.... It's not just his legs for me... His defensive 'intelligence' distinctly looks to be slipping. Maybe he is the more salvageable, but you'd think he will decline even further physically over the coming years; so if he can't get his shit together mentally now, he'll offer very little as age does start to creep up on him over the next few years.

A big asset with the ball at their feet.... IF the other team lay off them and give them time. As soon as they get pressed, well we don't count that, we just blame Dav
We can blame Dav for attempting that hospital pass to Aurier last night in the lead-up to Utd's first goal. It was nothing other than a brain fart, and shouldn't be swept under carpet.

Last edited:
I think Toby could still shine in games where we're controlling the game. He's not going to do well if we're struggling and losing the midfield and the forwards are being pegged back and unable to make their runs so he could ping his nice long balls forward.
Ok. No assists for Toby last night, but how many times did he shit the bed with the ball at his feet, so that Utd were able to get a shot on our goal?

We can blame Dav for attempting that hospital pass to Aurier last night in the lead-up to Utd's first goal. It was nothing other than a brainfart, and shouldn't be swept under carpet.
And that's the manager's job, get the psyche and mentality of the player right, as he has all the physical attributes.

Put it like this, if Gnabry in the upcoming fixture gets 1 on 1 with a centre half, who would you want it to be?

He frightens the life out of me. Most of what he did last night was really, really good, but there were maybe half a dozen errors with the ball and defending 1v1 situations. If he is the best we have, then it doesn't say much about our alternatives.

the guy saved us numerous times. someone los their man on the offside call and Davinson made a goal-saving tackle at the end after being a good 5+ metres behind. His pace is a great asset.

And that's the manager's job, get the psyche and mentality of the player right, as he has all the physical attributes.

Put it like this, if Gnabry in the upcoming fixture gets 1 on 1 with a centre half, who would you want it to be?

As I was watching it live, I thought: shouldn’t we have another guy supporting him and in a position to kick that out? Like, you know, a solid DM?

Don't think we've seen enough of Foyth at CB to say.
I've seen enough of Sanchez to say I want Foyth in starting lineup.

Don't get me wrong, he's good at times, but his problem is that he can be best ever the whole game and then he does stupid thing and we're fucked.

No matter how good he performs at times, he's liability.

Back
Top Bottom