Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we need a new no 1 CB and hopefully will get one in January. Defence is a major problem. Then it is a matter of which one Toby, Jan or Dav fits in best with him. He is too error prone for me but with a strong partner that could change.

I think we need a new no 1 CB and hopefully will get one in January. Defence is a major problem. Then it is a matter of which one Toby, Jan or Dav fits in best with him. He is too error prone for me but with a strong partner that could change.
If he's too error prone for you, God only knows what you think of Toby then.

The only defender in football to lose a hulking 6 foot 3 player with dreadlocks, while keeping a hand on him at all times.

The way people's opinions change on players is pathetic.

Sanchez like many of our players has suffered in the last year because Pochettino lost his previous ability to be consistent in his decision making. It happens but you could see that si clearly.

We will see if Sanchez is a Mourinho stayer but he is a good defender no question.

But 2 games and slightly better performances can be lots of things.

Best performing defender we have right now.
I've got to admit I'm not that gone on him but have to say he's performed the best out of our CBs in the last few games.

I think he and Serge got exposed in the first 20 mins or so, mainly due to Sissoko and Lucas not tracking back.

Would still like to see more of Tanganga though, he's looked mustard in the few times he's played.

I've got to admit I'm not that gone on him but have to say he's performed the best out of our CBs in the last few games.

I think he and Serge got exposed in the first 20 mins or so, mainly due to Sissoko and Lucas not tracking back.

Would still like to see more of Tanganga though, he's looked mustard in the few times he's played.
I think this says more about the worrying lack of talent we have at CB rather than Davinsons sparkling form.

I think this says more about the worrying lack of talent we have at CB rather than Davinsons sparkling form.

"Seriously pony player"

...Was the comment that sparked the above defense of Sanchez.

He certainly doesn't deserve such a scathing assessment.

Ignoring weaker links in the proverbial chain is a flawed approach to any potential solution. Include the full backs and anyone else overtly tasked with defensive duties this season; he's out-performing them all.

I'm also given further confidence that sustained game-time and better compatriots will improve his levels further (see: Jan/Dav combo 2 years ago before being harshly dropped).

Your response suggests you don't think he has been our best centre back this season. You're left with 2 other options. Toby Alderweireld and Jan Vertonghen. Which do you think has been more consistent than Davinson so far this season?

Wasting your time.... He's just trolling. It's all he knows. Sad really.

EDIT: Thanks for the kiss sweetie. xxx

Last edited:
He frightens the life out of me. Most of what he did last night was really, really good, but there were maybe half a dozen errors with the ball and defending 1v1 situations. If he is the best we have, then it doesn't say much about our alternatives.

He frightens the life out of me. Most of what he did last night was really, really good, but there were maybe half a dozen errors with the ball and defending 1v1 situations. If he is the best we have, then it doesn't say much about our alternatives.
Well, unless Foyth or Tanganga get a chance to show what they can do, he is the best we have.

Back
Top Bottom