Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I dont think his good enough to start week in and week out. Hope I'm wrong but nothing I've ever seen suggests his consistent enough.
Part of the reason could be because he hasn't been used enough. It's clear that many players need a near constant stretch of games to get their eye in. Harry Kane usually does. It shouldn't be any different with Lucas.

Part of the reason could be because he hasn't been used enough. It's clear that many players need a near constant stretch of games to get their eye in. Harry Kane usually does. It shouldn't be any different with Lucas.
Eh, I disagree with this. Harry to me is a nailed on starter every game. Lucas I picture as a very good rotational piece, but to me, of the front 4 Jose has been selecting (Kane, Son, Dele, Lucas) Lucas is the least important.

We'll need minutes for players like Lo Celso and Lamela (eventually) and I just don't think Lucas deserves/should start every game the way Kane does.

its all very well Lucas saying this but in reality whenever he has played wide he has spent more time wandering aimlessly into CF positions, and he was at it again last night.

Nah Lucas is a RW/RAM/RM through and through. Poch got it utterly wrong and then benched him indefinitely for not playing well out of position. 1 goal and 1 assist in 2 games so far- Lucas is and has always been starter quality and I look forward to the rest of his season for us under Mou.

It was a breath of fresh air seeing him stay out wide yesterday...his greatest attribute has always been his pace, I’m glad we’re finally able to see it put to use.

He still has to work with on his defensive work rate, he does well for the most part but on a few occasions he forgets to track back.

Was that Lucas's first ever assist for the club last night? I genuinely can't remember any other times where he has actually cut a pass back successfully.

If he can add assists to his game he will quickly become a nailed on starter. The goal at west ham where Son fired that low curling ball across the box and Moura beat his man, that is the kind of plays I have always envisioned for when Son and Moura are on the same pitch. Fast breaks, both bombing up the flanks.

But it has to work the other way as well, Moura needs to learn to feed Son & Harry. Hopefully the cutback last night was the first of many. That's the only way he stays in this team for me.

moura is a unexpected beneficiary in this change of regime. Can play wide, quick on and off ball, high work rate, disciplined. Certainly a mourinho guy. Not the most creative nor pose the most attacking threat, bt mourinho got kane. son, and alli for that. Can see him starting over likes of lo celsco or lamela. esp lamela becoz mourinho hates player who run around like headless chickens.

moura is a unexpected beneficiary in this change of regime. Can play wide, quick on and off ball, high work rate, disciplined. Certainly a mourinho guy. Not the most creative nor pose the most attacking threat, bt mourinho got kane. son, and alli for that. Can see him starting over likes of lo celsco or lamela. esp lamela becoz mourinho hates player who run around like headless chickens.

I like the Aurier/ Lucas combination that allows Aurier to push higher up in winger mode and Lucas the ability to cut inside and offer central threat without leaving us too narrow. It's such a simple thing but it will cause teams a lot of issues as you can't double up on somemof our boys like many had learned to do.

Very impressed that Jose noticed needing another body in the pockets Dele was taking up. I don't claim to have noticed the same, it's just impressive that he had the early vision to identify a weak area he could tap into.

No formation is perfect, every single formation has its floors and I like that we are probing for weaknesses at a time where we need to become more diverse.

I like the Aurier/ Lucas combination that allows Aurier to push higher up in winger mode and Lucas the ability to cut inside and offer central threat without leaving us too narrow. It's such a simple thing but it will cause teams a lot of issues as you can't double up on somemof our boys like many had learned to do.

Very impressed that Jose noticed needing another body in the pockets Dele was taking up. I don't claim to have noticed the same, it's just impressive that he had the early vision to identify a weak area he could tap into.

No formation is perfect, every single formation has its floors and I like that we are probing for weaknesses at a time where we need to become more diverse.

And another body that gave us width.

We've been too narrow for too long. Seems like we have a nice balanced attack over the last 2 matches

It was a breath of fresh air seeing him stay out wide yesterday...his greatest attribute has always been his pace, I’m glad we’re finally able to see it put to use.

Admittedly I was sat in the south lower and we were attacking the north in the first half, but my take on the first half was that he spent most of it running across the edge of the penalty box and losing the ball. Which he very often does from whatever position he plays in.

Back
Top Bottom