West Ham Knuckle Dragging Pikeys v Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 23rd November 12-30 : Live from Billy Smart’s Circus Tent.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe Chelsea, not sure about Leicester.
i watched leicester the other day, and they are good and have a good first 11, nothing special, i mean we gave them the points, when we played them at their place, and silly errors from us again, and wonder strike from them, and they beat us, JUST.
They will get injuries, especially vardy, (key player) and they wont be so good, and then will drop out of top 4, plus we are going after ricardo from them, and that will affect them.

i watched leicester the other day, and they are good and have a good first 11, nothing special, i mean we gave them the points, when we played them at their place, and silly errors from us again, and wonder strike from them, and they beat us, JUST.
They will get injuries, especially vardy, (key player) and they wont be so good, and then will drop out of top 4, plus we are going after ricardo from them, and that will affect them.
Don't mean we'll get him!! I agree we should have beat them, if it wasn't for a pathetic offside call.

also liverpool havent won it yet, because if they get injuries to their effective important full backs, or van dikh they will struggle more, and they are not even so great now, scraping results, bank city could catch them, because they hve two first teams, injuries wont affect them so much, and we have proved we can cope without kane, our main man, plus other first teamers, we have the squad, and it will be strengthened.

Don't mean we'll get him!! I agree we should have beat them, if it wasn't for a pathetic offside call.
when jose wants someone, especially from smaller club, that player will probably leave and join jose,
why would ricardo not join a bigger and better club, and play for a man who wins trophys.

ricardo, bruno f, dybala 2 players we might have got before, and now with jose and his new backroom staff, will probably get these deals done, lille not very happy with mourinho going after luis campos, but it looks like mourinho will get him, and this guy gets the players sorted, then we have bale ? (wages ?) and a very powerful player mentally, (a bit like cantona) slatan, close with mourinho, available, still fit 38, and not expecting whole matches, and a great option to kane, who needs a backup.
looking positive.

also liverpool havent won it yet, because if they get injuries to their effective important full backs, or van dikh they will struggle more, and they are not even so great now, scraping results, bank city could catch them, because they hve two first teams, injuries wont affect them so much, and we have proved we can cope without kane, our main man, plus other first teamers, we have the squad, and it will be strengthened.
Hope City catch them, but doubt it.

ricardo, bruno f, dybala 2 players we might have got before, and now with jose and his new backroom staff, will probably get these deals done, lille not very happy with mourinho going after luis campos, but it looks like mourinho will get him, and this guy gets the players sorted, then we have bale ? (wages ?) and a very powerful player mentally, (a bit like cantona) slatan, close with mourinho, available, still fit 38, and not expecting whole matches, and a great option to kane, who needs a backup.
looking positive.
Not heard that we even want Ricardo, but i like your optimism! 😉

poch for first 5 years before cl semi, was a great manager, and if he had kept up that standard, he would still be in charge, but around semi time, he changed, he just signed new 5 yr deal, and he was happy, it all looked good, but then he starts releasing comments, like if we win the cl league i will leave spurs, wtf, makes players uncertain and not sure if they want to give their all for poch anymore, ie (they should do, for the loyal fans) but footballers dont see it this way, training had no drive, poch moped around and so i heard upset lots of players, not making for a happy camp.
then he releases another statement, DONT TALK TO ME, I AM NOT IN CHARGE OF TRANSFERS, I AM ONLY THE COACH, SPEAK TO MR LEVY, moping, stroppy poch opens mouth again, and when he picks his team for the matches, he messes up, he plays players who arent good enough, in bad form, or want away, and left out players better, and eager to play, it was like he was picking a weaker team on purpose, and what about the sustitutions, so late, and unfair on subs.
then he supposedly had a big meeting with levy, and possibly joe, and levy asked him, we were doing well, and then we got some good players in, and now we are bad, whats going on poch, but i bet they really knew, they have spies all over, and hear lots of things, according to inside sources.
heres therumours going around, poch had his head turned around cl time, by another club, and he wanted this other club, but now he must get the sack, (not resign=no 12 mil) and so he did all of the above, and people saying despicable spurs, treating poch like that, after all that hes done for them, but when he was told he is getting the sack, inside he was very happy, and not sad at all, laughing all the way to the bank, and now playing it coy, for media, and ready to go to the club he was tapped for.
this is what i have learned so far, but it all fits, so he isnt looking to wreak revenge on us by signing for gooners, (they are not big enough, and not the club) and levy compensation always has lots of clauses in them, we all know this, because he doesnt need to get back at spurs, because they gave him what he wanted, THE SACK WITH 12 MILLION, and look out for the amazon behind the scenes video they have just made, its supposed to be an eye opener.
poch of first five yrs, he stays, poch of semi period onwards had to go.

Illegible.

Because we won't pay the 70m they would demand
Not sure why all of a sudden some folk think Levy is going to change the habits of a lifetime and be feckless with his bank balance. And this, I think, is where it could go tits up with Mourinho. He’s ruthlessly ambitious and has come here to prove he’s not a has been. If he thinks an area needs improving (& we can all see that certain areas are weaker than others in the squad) he’s not used to Levy with his penny pinching and 11th hour “Levy time” style. Since Porto, he has been used to getting what he wants and when he wants it. Let’s see how he gets along with our way of doing things under ENIC. I don’t think we are too far away, & need more faith in our squad/youth, but I’d be amazed if short term, we start blowing tens of millions every window. And I’d be equally amazed if Jose isn’t bleating about transfer funds if he doesn’t win things quickly with what he’s got.

looking positive.
Mourinho has publicly said that signing Zlatan would be pointless

Not sure why all of a sudden some folk think Levy is going to change the habits of a lifetime and be feckless with his bank balance. And this, I think, is where it could go tits up with Mourinho. He’s ruthlessly ambitious and has come here to prove he’s not a has been. If he thinks an area needs improving (& we can all see that certain areas are weaker than others in the squad) he’s not used to Levy with his penny pinching and 11th hour “Levy time” style. Since Porto, he has been used to getting what he wants and when he wants it. Let’s see how he gets along with our way of doing things under ENIC. I don’t think we are too far away, & need more faith in our squad/youth, but I’d be amazed if short term, we start blowing tens of millions every window. And I’d be equally amazed if Jose isn’t bleating about transfer funds if he doesn’t win things quickly with what he’s got.
because we have a manager who must get his players he wants, and that means big bucks, levy and joe maybe now realise this is the next step, and they are going for it, like i said before joe is loaded, he could start using his own money for stadium payments, and get it back later, leaving huge money for transfers from stadium payments that were going to be paid, theres no way mourinho didnt get promises of money when he came, and it makes sense all round, if we are to compete at the top, our manager wont do it on a budget.

because we have a manager who must get his players he wants, and that means big bucks, levy and joe maybe now realise this is the next step, and they are going for it, like i said before joe is loaded, he could start using his own money for stadium payments, and get it back later, leaving huge money for transfers from stadium payments that were going to be paid, theres no way mourinho didnt get promises of money when he came, and it makes sense all round, if we are to compete at the top, our manager wont do it on a budget.
Hope you’re right. But I’m not holding my breath and my word of caution to you is be prepared to be disappointed if you think ENIC are suddenly going to start spending silly money. As for Joe Lewis dipping into his stash?
:vertna:

Back
Top Bottom