Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane and Son, but if poch can unearth the potential in Lucas, dele , GLC, Sanchez , Foyth and Ndombele then we have the making of a title challanging team with a few cleaver additions

2B6BEB5600000578-0-image-a-14_1439767743612.jpg

Here's Jose!

I don’t know if anyone listened to that Prick Jason Candy on Talkshite last night?
I’ve never heard anyone so bitter and jealous, I was really embarrassed for him and his comhost was absolutely ripping the piss out of him along with every caller.
His co host was trying to have a sensible debate about Mourinho and Cundys contribution was comparing him to a 3 year old beach bag with the stitching all coming out and said WE had him when he was like a top model on the front of vogue and YOU have the horse and hounds version. He thought he’d hit the jackpot by calling Mourinho the special ONCE.
It was so cringe. He reckons we have Chelsea’s cast offs and he’s finished as a manager. Callers from other clubs were absolutely embarrassing him..

The jealousy and worry was off the scale.
WTF I love Mourinho now.

mourinho-bottle-cap.gif

Still trying to comprehend mourinho at Spurs lmao. Wow. Crazy. Just doesn't seem right. However I think maybe this is not only redemption for us but for mourinho as well. Can't help but feel proud that mourinho is talking about "my club"

Let's get behind him, have patience and see what happens. Maybe Tottenham can be his true home.

My chelsea mate was clearly bothered when the news broke. He was the one who informed me in fact but he tried to keep his feelings hidden, talk calmly about it all.

Then I sent him the interview with Spurs tv and he absolutely lost his shit. Said Jose had been a legend but because of the “my club” comment was no longer. He is absolutely triggered by it.
jose-mourinho-laugh.gif
Fuck me, if we're bothering them this much in 14th place, imagine what they'll be like when we rise back up the table under José.

tenor.gif

Mourinho will be different at Spurs, says Fletcher

Former Manchester United midfielder Darren Fletcher believes Jose Mourinho will be "different" at Tottenham in comparison to his tenure at Old Trafford.

The Portuguese was sacked by United in December 2018 amid several public fallouts with the likes of Paul Pogba and having left the club 11 points off the top four.

His acrimonious departure saw him draw criticism for his man-management style, but after taking over at Tottenham, Fletcher thinks the 56-year-old may handle things differently at the north London club.

"I think we'll see a slightly different Jose,” he told BBC Radio 5Live.

"I think the Jose that had been affected by Real Madrid and his almost resentment of players, which was different to when he was at Porto, Chelsea and Inter Milan, he was a players' manager: 'Us against the world'. We've not seen that for a while.

"I know for a fact that when he left United he did a little bit of reflecting and asked a few people to tell him what he was like, to give him the truth, to give it to him straight, and that, for me, is a sign of somebody who realised he went a little bit too far.

"I'm sure he had his own frustrations with Manchester United, just as many as the players and people had towards him.

"You could see towards the end from both points of view, but the fact that he was asking people for an honest opinion of what he was like says to me that it's someone who is reflecting.

"A little bit of a rest and a bit of reflection, I think we'll see a different Jose Mourinho. I don't know whether it will be the Jose of old but I don't expect it to be the Jose we have seen for the last couple of years."

I would be surprised if we were not at least in the top 6 at the end of 2019.
I completely agree. The gap to 5th/6th as it stands is only 3 points. Can we turn it around and bridge that gap to Sheffield Utd and/or Woolwich by New Year's? I'd say so.

The really tricky thing is top 4. If we have any hopes of salvaging that (other than just winning the CL to qualify) we'll be needing a slip up from Chelsea or Leicester in addition to turning our own form around.

I completely agree. The gap to 5th/6th as it stands is only 3 points. Can we turn it around and bridge that gap to Sheffield Utd and/or Woolwich by New Year's? I'd say so.

The really tricky thing is top 4. If we have any hopes of salvaging that (other than just winning the CL to qualify) we'll be needing a slip up from Chelsea or Leicester in addition to turning our own form around.
Let's hope the chavs will lose at the Etihad on Saturday, with a bit of luck we are 'only' 9 points behind them after this weekend and next month we play them at home, a must-win match if we want to put on the pressure.

Last edited:

We've still got to play Chelsea twice, so winning both games will see a big points swing.

Agree with this - anyone remember Frank De Boer? Won a few titles with Ajax only to flop at both Palace and Inter.

Ajax's set up is so good and they are always top 3 in Holland that it has a tendency to make a lot of their managers look better than they actually are.

Not saying that ten Haag isnt or wont be good but I wouldnt take last season as the basis to think he should be our manager instead of Mourinho

Ajax’s performance in the CL is what convinced me that ten Hag is an upcoming and innovative manager. de Lict and de Jong both gone, but they’re doing very well in the CL.

Back
Top Bottom