Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We are the makers of our own reality, my friend. How we reach our conclusions is often what seperates us. But hey, don't take my word for it; instead listen to the wise words of The Beatles: "All you need is love".

Yes all very witty I’m sure. I have plenty of love, just no longer for Christian Eriksen.

So you are trying to say that over the course of those matches that you highlighted he has played well more times than he has played badly! No chance!

How on Earth can you remember that far back anyway to each specific individual match?Where does this Eriksen worship come from? It is bizarre.

Maybe you should change your name from “The Bad Fart” to “The Bad Judge” or perhaps “The Blind Fart”

Oh dear I wondered how long it would be before you came riding to the rescue. Eriksen I am afraid has been atrocious recently and anyone that says otherwise is just plain daft or on a wind up

I am not disagreeing per se, but merely highlighting that hardly anyone is performing well, we as a team are a fucking mess, largely due to miss management, poor selections and tactical application, so why single out Eriksen, why is he getting more vitriol than anyone else. He’s still getting shit after not even playing. The answer to that is obvious.

I am not disagreeing per se, but merely highlighting that hardly anyone is performing well, we as a team are a fucking mess, largely due to miss management, poor selections and tactical application, so why single out Eriksen, why is he getting more vitriol than anyone else. He’s still getting shit after not even playing. The answer to that is obvious.

Sissoko?

Yes the answer is obvious- it looks to me and others that he has been putting in less than 100% effort which is unforgivable. He has been ducking out of tackles and looking pretty disinterested.

Anyway I respect that you have a different opinion to mine. I am not going to post anymore about Eriksen for a while as it appears that I have been spending almost as much energy commenting on him as he has expended recently on the pitch. So you can carry on with your Eriksen love in unabated with “ Brain Fart”

Yes the answer is obvious- it looks to me and others that he has been putting in less than 100% effort which is unforgivable. He has been ducking out of tackles and looking pretty disinterested.

Anyway I respect that you have a different opinion to mine. I am not going to post anymore about Eriksen for a while as it appears that I have been spending almost as much energy commenting on him as he has expended recently on the pitch. So you can carry on with your Eriksen love in unabated with “ Brain Fart”

"as much energy commenting on him as he has expended recently on the pitch". Now we're getting somewhere. Another fellow said he had been "shit for nearly two seasons" Another said "shite for ages". You've progressed from start of the season to "recently". I will interpret that as an acknowledgement of my earlier post where I meticulously laid forth my analysis.
Oh, and since we've started with the name-calling, let me have a try: I might be a "Brain Fart", but at least I'm not a confused elefant, slowly falling into a pit filled with less-than-lethal snakes."

"as much energy commenting on him as he has expended recently on the pitch". Now we're getting somewhere. Another fellow said he had been "shit for nearly two seasons" Another said "shite for ages". You've progressed from start of the season to "recently". I will interpret that as an acknowledgement of my earlier post where I meticulously laid forth my analysis.
Oh, and since we've started with the name-calling, let me have a try: I might be a "Brain Fart", but at least I'm not a confused elefant, slowly falling into a pit filled with less-than-lethal snakes."

Don’t flatter yourself- there is nothing that you have said that has made me change my opinion about Eriksen.
Saying that someone was average in a game means nothing and is not analysis (and not accurate anyway as many of those games you said he was average he was in fact anonymous).
You also said he had been good against Southampton- again it is very subjective because lots of player rating sites gave him 5 and one fool that I suspect didn’t watch the game gave him an 8.
He has been very inconsistent at best for 18 months and quite frankly garbage for most of that.
As for me being confused if that’s what you are insinuating, not at all. I am quite clear on how crap he has been.
Oh and furthermore I didn’t say that he wasn’t trying last year- that is a recent thing. But he was still crap for most of last year irrespective of how much effort he put in

Last edited:
Shite for ages? Nah mate. It's more nuanced than that. Looking at the games he started this season and towards the end of last season
End of last season:
Liverpool (CL) = Average
Average... really? Eriksen was one of, if not the worst player on the pitch in the final. I’ll never forget, sometime in the 2nd half the ball fell to him at the top of the box, plenty of time and space, and he did his best Sissoko impersonation and sent it into row Z.

Once Lamela is back fit and Lo Celso can play a full 90, I don’t want to see Eriksen in the squad anymore, hopefully we can offload him in December.

Oh another Eriksen fanboy with his photo as his image on this site. If your comment is directed at me I said he has been inconsistent for 18 months and crap for most of last year - and he was

If tied for 3d-most assists in a Premier League Season (2018-19) = inconsistent, then, the word "consistancy" has lost all meaning.

You cannot pass! The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn.

If tied for 3d-most assists in a Premier League Season (2018-19) = inconsistent, then, the word "consistancy" has lost all meaning.

Consistancy doesn’t have any kind of a meaning- it is consistency.
When you have forward players of the scoring ability of Kane, Son, Moura and Ali and your role is to be a creative player in that team many players will be able to provide assists in Eriksen’s relatively advanced position. For example if you are alongside Son in an advanced position and lay a 5 yard pass to him and he curls a worldy into the top right hand corner then I believe that counts as an assist. If you take all the free kicks and you take 6 poor ones but on the 7th one for example curl a ball into the area and Kane leaps like a salmon and heads it in again that is an assist. Similarly if you have a team famous for its high press and intense attacking play then that will mean that lots of corners are won and if you then take them all you will sometimes get an assist. My point is that sometimes these statistics are not the be all and end all. I watch football with my eyes and for me he was not consistent at all and became increasingly weak, uncompetitive and ineffective over the length of the season

Last edited:

On a completely separate point to Eriksen, a player could score 48 goals in one match and win top scorer, doesn’t make him consistent.

Back
Top Bottom