Spurs Chants

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just heard the new podcast and I thought for the AVB song, instead of "Speaking words of wisdom....AVB!" you could do "Push us on to victory..... AVB!" and also since I'm american I thought I'd throw in a baseball chant. The Atlanta Braves do a chant called the tomahawk and you could totally do Mousa Dembele to it and it sounds incredible if you get a lot of people to do it. Just some suggestions.

You can check out the chant here. Starts at 22 seconds
:avbshock: :dembele:

I think the beauty of the " Let it be" AvB toon is that he is a tactical mofo so the words of wisdom fit & it connects the original with the chant .

Oh and wisdom is 2 syllables & victory 3

I know this is an 'old songs' thread, but seeing as a few are bemoaning the lack of anything new, I thought this would be a good thread to point out, that somehow, under the radar, we've managed to accumulate a different song for EVERY PLAYER!! (except Dawson and Lennon, who ironically BOTH have the same 'One...' song!)

So here it is, a run down of our current first-team players unique songs/chants:

LORIS - Hugo, Hugo! (OK, not a great start)
WALKER - 500 Miles/Kyle Walker, Kyle Walker.,.
VERTONGHEN - He came from Amsterdam...
Dawson - See Lennon!
EKOTTO - 7 Nations Army/ Benoit Assou-Eko-to!
SANDRO - Tottenham Hotspur's Brazilian YIDDO!
DEMBELE - Whoah Dembele, he's a Yid
PARKER - Super Scotty Parker (shares that one with Jan, admittedly!)
HOLTBY - Lew Lew Lew Lew Lew Lew Lew Lew-is Holt-by!
Lennon - (See Dawson!)
BALE - HEEE was born to play for Spurs,,,,
DEFOE - Jermaine Defoe, He's a YIDDO!
ADE - this is the best team, you've ever played for!

Also AVB has his 'let it be' and Do-Do-Do, Andre Villas Boas!

And if that's not enough, tell me how many clubs have a song reserved for their ASSISTANT COACH?
I know Stefan Freund loved me as a player, but it's fucking great that we still sing it for the goal celebrating touchline monster!!!

So come on, let's not give ourselves a hard time with the 'originality' here, apart from Dawson/Lennon, we've got an entire squad's worth of individual songs in our repertoire... We could spend the first 15 minutes of each game just singing about our starting 11!!!!!

Incidentally, a quick burst of; "When you're Smiling, Michael Dawson, the whole world smiles with you" wouldn't half work... AND it would give Lennon his song back!!

There is that! I also heard the old Tony Galvin '80s classic 'Aaron, Aaron Lennon, Aaron Lennon on the wi-ing' for him once, but it never seemed to catch on, shame!

Frances number 1? Been a while since we had a number 1 in goal.
I always thought Lennon's name could work in a 'common people' based song.

Frances number 1? Been a while since we had a number 1 in goal.

Good point!

Though for all you retro fans... I was thinking of reviving my rarely-heard "Christain Zeige/Crazy Horses" anthem;
a-2-3-4...
"HU-GO LLO-RIS - WHHAAAAH, WHHAAAAAAH! HU-GO LLO-RIS, WHHAAAAH, WHHAAAAAAH!"

:llorishuh:

...and if it gets going, it can be used/re-used/re-cycled for ALL of these players too:

:bale2: :bentley: :dawson: :gallas: :holtbytongue: :lennon: :kaboullol: :naughton: :walkerwtf: :vert: :levywhoa:

Try it for yourselves... works a treat, AND we can all do Air-Guitar in the Park Lane...!!

I have always thought that the Bale songs ("He was born to play for Spurs", "Bale, Bale!") needs to be changed for something more original. World class player deserves World Class song.

All I can think of though, is:

(to the tune of Monster by The Automatic)
"Whats that coming over the hill? It's Gareth Bale, it's Gareth Bale"

I have always thought that the Bale songs ("He was born to play for Spurs", "Bale, Bale!") needs to be changed for something more original. World class player deserves World Class song.

that's hardly original either tbf :avblol:

I honestly thought that a Bale song to the tune of Welsh classic 'Men of Harlech' was fucking inspired personally!!
Why change a winning formula for Chimbonda's sloppy seconds!???

Good song for Azza is..

Ohhhh Aaron Lennon runsss,
Ohhhh Aaron Lennon runsss,
Beats defenders just for fun,
Oh he do run run run he do run run..

To the tune of Smooth Criminal by Michael Jackson.

Benny are you OK
So, Benny are you OK
Are you OK Benny

Benny are you OK
So, Benny Are You OK
Are You OK Benny

You've Been Hit By
You've Been Struck By
Assou Ekotto

Back
Top Bottom