Who do you THINK will be our next manager

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who's the next mug

• Mourinho

Votes: 66 25.1%
  • Ancellotti

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • Klopp

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Pep

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Dyche

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sherwood

• Harry

• Howe

Votes: 30 11.4%
  • Potter

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Big Fat Sam

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Jesus

• Wilder

• Allegri

Votes: 26 9.9%
  • Benitez

Votes: 26 9.9%
  • Simeone

• Valverde

• Zidane

• Pulis

• Lopetegui

• ten Haag

Votes: 21 8.0%
  • Levy

Votes: 20 7.6%
  • Espirito Santo

Votes: 13 4.9%
  • Rodgers

Votes: 15 5.7%
  • Luis Enrique

• Gallardo

• Total voters
Rodgers won't leave Leicester for us. At least not mid season.
Yeah was gonna add that cos why would he? It’s gonna be either an out of work manager (Mourinho,Sarri) or someone in a lesser profile league than we have Benetiz! None of them are particularly interesting....well for the wrong reasons perhaps! Ps Benetiz is low profile but he’s had success of sorts at every club he’s been at.

If only Liverpool had poached Poch, and we had got Klopp...

(leave me with my delusions, just a minute or two)

Klopp’s finished after Fenway only spent £1.87 million on Sepp van den Ber in the summer window and didn’t spend anything in the window before that. You can’t go into a new season with the same group of players and expect to challenge for the league.

In order of who I’d want most.

Rogers
Mourinho
ten Haag
Allegri
Ancelotti

I least want Howe. He’s massively overrated.

Only ones who might entertain us are Mourinho and Ancelotti (I'd want the latter).

Rodgers would never come to us. He's got a brilliant young side that will be challenging for honours over the next two to three years. Absolutely zero reason for him to jump ship.

Only ones who might entertain us are Mourinho and Ancelotti (I'd want the latter).

Rodgers would never come to us. He's got a brilliant young side that will be challenging for honours over the next two to three years. Absolutely zero reason for him to jump ship.

And owners who will back him

I don't think Mourinho is stupid to come to us knowing he won't have the kind of funds he wants. I also don't think Levy is stupid to bring Mourinho knowing he will request a huge amount to spend. The only way this happens is if both parties meet somewhere in the middle... which I don't believe will be the case.
Also I think he would want to go to a team that can win titles. Maybe that's what he is waiting for.

If only Liverpool had poached Poch, and we had got Klopp...

(leave me with my delusions, just a minute or two)
Klopp would have wanted 100m more per season for wages. Good luck getting that out of levy. Don't rate your chances jurgen.

Also I think he would want to go to a team that can win titles. Maybe that's what he is waiting for.

It might be that he doesn't consider us on par with the teams he has coached in the past 15 years, but we have bridged the gap in the last years. Funds aside, I think it's also down to the state the club is left in after Poch leaves. There might be too many problems to solve for his liking.

Who do we think will be, or do we think should be?

If Nagelsmann is off the table, as he's only just taken on the new project at RBL, then I'd like to see us go after Ten Hag.

And I'd fucking love us to go after Rangnick as Sporting Director. In fact I'd make this the priority.

But I think we should proactively, urgently get after both Ten Hag and Rangnick because Bayern are apparently interested in both, but Rangnick has reportedly said he'd only consider a job in England.

If Nagelsmann is off the table, as he's only just taken on the new project at RBL, then I'd like to see us go after Ten Hag.

And I'd fucking love us to go after Rangnick as Sporting Director. In fact I'd make this the priority.

But I think we should proactively, urgently get after both Ten Hag and Rangnick because Bayern are apparently interested in both, but Rangnick has reportedly said he'd only consider a job in England.

Yeah, RB have the setup we should be after. With the infrastructure we have built, we need the scouting network to make the best of our resources. I wouldn’t be opposed to Jesse Marsch either. We need fire and belief. We need a club ethos cause for all Poch preaches a structure from the lowest ranks to the first team, he has shown zero ability to manage it. I fear for the youth in our ranks cause they have no chance at minutes.

I can just see a Sancho type being overlooked by Poch because he doesn’t like the fact he isn’t 200lbs and sluggish.

Howe
Benitez
Rodgers

Yes men personalities or in howes case someone who's just happy to be at a "bigger" club so that the nipple height dictator Levy aka Doctor evil can continue to sell our best players, make profits each transfer window, make fake buy attempts and give us another cycle of bullshit fake news about "projects" and "exciting football"

I think Ten Haag is most suited to us. His style of play is magnificent and he's used to dealing with change. He'll not be phased by big names and his style is based upon good attacking full backs. With any luck he'll have players wanting to follow him from Ajax too.

Ten Hag is the one for me.

I‘ve watched a lot of Ajax in the flesh over the last 18 months and what’s really impressed me is just how good their off the ball movement is, particularly when attacking. The way the players rotate in and out space till the right opening is found really shows the benefits of having properly structured and coached attacking patterns.

Broadly speaking I think a lot of our current players, Kane, Lo Celso, N’Dombele, Lamela, Son etc, would work very well in Ten Hag preferred way of playing. I reckon guys like Dele, who’ve clearly regressed and/or not developed as hoped/planned, would function much better within a clearly defined attacking system.

People pissing on the idea of Big Sam. But if we slip much closer to the bottom, his appointment would not be too different to Harry in 2008

I know he fucked upset but he wasn’t made England manager for nothing and apparently his presentation was by far the best of any candidate
I’d take a chance on him
Just don’t let any journo from the Telegraph near him!!

People pissing on the idea of Big Sam. But if we slip much closer to the bottom, his appointment would not be too different to Harry in 2008

Are you suggesting that Sam Allardyce and Harry Redknapp belong in the same category??

Sam is going at saving an underachieving team from relegation and moving them to safety.

Redknapp got us from the bottom of the table to the Champions league in just over 18 months.

Allardyce couldn't do that.

Back
Top Bottom