Tottenham Vs Sheffield Utd - 9th Nov.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’s not even championship standard, son. He is so unrefined it’s unreal. Does fuck all against half decent sides. His performance against Porto was unusual hence the recent soundbites talking him up. He’ll do well to stay in Scotland and batter the likes of Hamilton every now and again. Jason Cummings is actually far superior, we’d do better business signing him fuck sake
I’m assuming you were just in from the pub when you typed this up 😂😂

Probably gotta go Vardy over Kane right now. He looks completely out of sorts. Greedy Son not squaring to him compounding things today.
HK: "I know I've been on the toilet for the last week and barely able to lift my Lemsip but I feel good now boss and want to play."
MP: "'Course you can Harry. Better than that, you'll get a full 90."
HK: "That's not actually what I meant, I should..."
MP: "See you Saturday. Biscuit?"

Waited patiently for the game to come on MOTD last night to see what Jenas and Danny Murphy had to say about the Spurs performance. Nothing mentioned at all about our current plight just praise about Sheffield United's approach to the game. They looked at every other match from both team's viewpoint.Disappointed....BBC strike again.

Waited patiently for the game to come on MOTD last night to see what Jenas and Danny Murphy had to say about the Spurs performance. Nothing mentioned at all about our current plight just praise about Sheffield United's approach to the game. They looked at every other match from both team's viewpoint.Disappointed....BBC strike again.
No time for team level analysis. Just look the other way and move on. Says it all.

I think Jenas is pure vanilla.

Think they did us a favour TBH, as it's only painful to talk about how bad we are at the moment.

I like Murphy though and was just interested in their take on things regarding the club's current situation.

Jenas is 100% Poch. He’ll never say a bad word against him.

Quite amazing how little comment there is in the press about Pochettino and whether his position is tenable. For all the talk of agendas, the fact there is so little tells you everything you need to know about how people see us.

I like Murphy though and was just interested in their take on things regarding the club's current situation.
I think Jenas is a political operator. As for Murphy, after reading an article he wrote on us in the Mail a few weeks back, I decided he was not worth listening to. IIRC, one of his solutions was to play Sissoko and Winks at the base of midfield.

I rarely watch MOTD. I don't rate the analysis but I also find that highlights are very misleading. Prefer to watch an entire game. Not trying to change you, Borodin. Just allow me to froth.

Jenas is 100% Poch. He’ll never say a bad word against him.

Quite amazing how little comment there is in the press about Pochettino and whether his position is tenable. For all the talk of agendas, the fact there is so little tells you everything you need to know about how people see us.

You’ve read my mind mate. Woke up this morning expecting to see and read speculation matching, if not, surpassing that of Emery’s imminent sacking but..............nothing? Or very little.

Little old Tottenham, back to what they do best and where they belong seems to be the script...

I think Jenas is a political operator. As for Murphy, after reading an article he wrote on us in the Mail a few weeks back, I decided he was not worth listening to. IIRC, one of his solutions was to play Sissoko and Winks at the base of midfield.

I rarely watch MOTD. I don't rate the analysis but I also find that highlights are very misleading. Prefer to watch an entire game. Not trying to change you, Borodin. Just allow me to froth.
Too old to change now as my wife would gladly testify to. :thumbup: Froth away my friend.

Yeah, but MOTD has always been about reportage with minor analysis never about actually building stories. And nor should it be - it's a highlights show. Would love to see it extended to 3 hours though.

I think Jenas is a political operator
Honestly, I don't care. Good luck to him.

What I do care about is having sympathetic Tottenham in the media. Maybe one day one of our ex players can spit in the faces of children and scream "Dancer" over the game commentators and still have a job in the morning.

I’m not delighted about our performance today or our performances in general. What I do know is that Poch without any doubt in my mind knows more about the game of football than you. Have a fucking word with yourself.
I don't doubt that at all. But you might have noticed I'm not the only one around here that is questioning him right now. I'm allowed to share my opinion. I think Poch has been great for us, but I'm concerned by what I'm seeing this season and whether he can turn it around. I really hope he does, I want him to be successful still with us. I really do.

I'm not one to get into arguments with people on this forum, as I respect yours, and everyone's views. But I've had plenty of words with myself about this whole season and before I started to be critical of Poch, thank you.

Last edited:
This is pretty embarrassing

Because of the window 2018
We made them look like Barcelona

Where has our high press and high defensive line gone? Literally had 11 men in our own half for a fair old chunk of that and there was still 18 minutes left of football to be played?

It amazes me how teams still don't understand how getting that 2nd goal or trying to get it is so important not just for the cushion but the mindset of the team as well. If you are happy with a 1-0 and get that goal you automatically sit back in your heads. You need to chase the game to kill it! At worst you concede when attacking which surprise, surprise at the moment would have less to the exact same thing that sitting back led to.

Embarrassing is an understatement. Looked like a training session.
No effort from our players at all. Their salaries should be docked for this.

We also got to the CL final so it’s ok

it's not just Poch to be considered,his training staff would also go and need to be replaced. Also his son has a role there too. Levy won't be rushed into replacing all those . Very worrying. For now he just sees the sell out crowds that turn out every week .that's all that matters to him

it's not just Poch to be considered,his training staff would also go and need to be replaced. Also his son has a role there too. Levy won't be rushed into replacing all those . Very worrying. For now he just sees the sell out crowds that turn out every week .that's all that matters to him
We agree. Good football = full attendance.

Imagine if we were better than today.

Back
Top Bottom