Tottenham Vs Sheffield Utd - 9th Nov.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry guys, can't bring myself to read the last 80 pages, otherwise I really would be in a bad mood! Day started so well too, David Howell's was on my train to WHL, and we chatted all the way from Liverpool Street, what a nice guy, genuine Spurs. Then got to the shop nice and early and Stevie P was already there, so I had him to myself for a few minutes, sheer bliss. Then went to the Coach & Horses and had a good natter with an old friend, who I hadn't seen for a while. To the Dispensary where I met up with Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor , Mick Cooper Mick Cooper , cretinousgoat cretinousgoat Coys1955 Coys1955 . What nice people we have on this forum! The game was rubbish, Gio the only really bright spark, got soaked waiting for a train at Northumberland park, just about the perfect end to the perfect day!!!
Mrs P, I hope you and Mr P have one of those bi-focal relationships because I saw him kissing another woman in the shop... (sorry, Experience...)

It wasn't as bad as Everton. We struggled to pass it from defence. Their press was fantastic. As they tired we created a bit more towards the end of the second half. No one really played well - most of them are out of position anyway - but I think Lo Celso looked good. Throughout the game they were by far the better team. They missed a couple of sitters and had a goal chalked off for offside in another ridiculous episode of VAR.
Not sure why you think they were the far better team, we had a far larger share of possession, so they were on the back foot or scurrying to cover for a larger part of the game. Yes they did have more shots on goal, but they were largely tame efforts. They did have a better team game than we did, because they all play to the same level, were more aggressive than we were and know each other better as a team.
We were a more skilful side, but lacked a uniform sense of cohesion.

So if you mean their team play was better, then I agree, but in terms of which was the better team then I would disagree.
I hope that makes sense.

Did you also have your yellow mac on? That’s what I had my eye out for as I was on my way up to the dispensary after the game. Unmissable. Better than a carnation in your lapel.
More disappointed that I missed the meet up with my faves and the new boys Coys1955 Coys1955 and the indomitable cretinousgoat cretinousgoat than I am about the dire performance today.
Yes I had my yellow mac but wasn't actually wearing it downstairs, needed it when I went to my seat.
🥶

I'd say he's had long enough.

Nothing convinces me he should be given more money. Time for a fresh voice

Long enough? With support and investment? you're right. He did wonders with what he was given (which wasn't much) for long enough and now they are showing what's left of em. He needs support and investment. The entire defence is an actual joke.

And who do you support in Scotland? 🙈 69 goals in 115 games, 11 goals in Europa League this season, 23 years old. Excellent pedigree, will go onto become a top top player. Would be an excellent understudy to Kane, I won’t have anyone tell me otherwise
He’s not even championship standard, son. He is so unrefined it’s unreal. Does fuck all against half decent sides. His performance against Porto was unusual hence the recent soundbites talking him up. He’ll do well to stay in Scotland and batter the likes of Hamilton every now and again. Jason Cummings is actually far superior, we’d do better business signing him fuck sake

This is pretty embarrassing

Where has our high press and high defensive line gone? Literally had 11 men in our own half for a fair old chunk of that and there was still 18 minutes left of football to be played?

It amazes me how teams still don't understand how getting that 2nd goal or trying to get it is so important not just for the cushion but the mindset of the team as well. If you are happy with a 1-0 and get that goal you automatically sit back in your heads. You need to chase the game to kill it! At worst you concede when attacking which surprise, surprise at the moment would have less to the exact same thing that sitting back led to.

Last edited:
Sorry guys, can't bring myself to read the last 80 pages, otherwise I really would be in a bad mood! Day started so well too, David Howell's was on my train to WHL, and we chatted all the way from Liverpool Street, what a nice guy, genuine Spurs. Then got to the shop nice and early and Stevie P was already there, so I had him to myself for a few minutes, sheer bliss. Then went to the Coach & Horses and had a good natter with an old friend, who I hadn't seen for a while. To the Dispensary where I met up with Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor , Mick Cooper Mick Cooper , cretinousgoat cretinousgoat Coys1955 Coys1955 . What nice people we have on this forum! The game was rubbish, Gio the only really bright spark, got soaked waiting for a train at Northumberland park, just about the perfect end to the perfect day!!!
I'm jealous that you hung out with cretinousgoat cretinousgoat . An afternoon with goat and Mrs P, I'd be in heaven! I love me some goat...

[RATING][/RATING]
It wasn't as bad as Everton. We struggled to pass it from defence. Their press was fantastic. As they tired we created a bit more towards the end of the second half. No one really played well - most of them are out of position anyway - but I think Lo Celso looked good. Throughout the game they were by far the better team. They missed a couple of sitters and had a goal chalked off for offside in another ridiculous episode of VAR.
That just makes me sad. Our best XI and still as bad as ever. No one can possibly deny the overall quality of our squad so it must be down to the coaching. If something isn't done soon, the team is going to be a laughing stock. I think it's undeniable that Poch is finished and it's also undeniable that Levy is too cheap to sack him. Catch 22. We are in big trouble.

Last edited:
Glad you enjoyed Gozo, it's not as built up as Malta. I love lampuki, never had any problem with it, maybe you were unlucky. Flying out again tomorrow, but don't really venture out very far these days, mum' s more or less housebound now :(
I'll be working in Valletta tomorrow and Monday. Flying home Tuesday. Is that where you'll be?

Schmeichel > Gazzaniga
Pereira > Aurier
Soyunchu > Davinson
Evans > Dier
Chilwell > Davies
Ndidi > Sissoko
Tielemans < Ndombele
Perez < Lo Celso
Maddison > Alli
Barnes < Son
Vardy < Kane

Shocking it's come to this, but this is also due to us not even playing our best players or them being injured. Rose, Toby, Jan are our best defenders while we sold Trippier, we don't have a defensive midfielder aside from the crocked Wanyama and Alli hasn't been good for years while Kane's form has been rubbish for months.

Worrying honestly, but at least Lo Celso looks good and Ndombele has done a better job filling Dembele's role, but we need a lot more good signings.
Probably gotta go Vardy over Kane right now. He looks completely out of sorts. Greedy Son not squaring to him compounding things today.

Back
Top Bottom