Tottenham Vs Sheffield Utd - 9th Nov.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The sad thing is, it just feels like the end. Laboured, slow, confused. I honestly don’t know how you arrest this downturn without significant change.

If it’s a case of just getting through this season and giving him £200 million to spend, so be it.

I’m just not sure I trust his recruitment or overall plan.
I think that’s somewhat unfair. I feel like that last summer was the first transfer period Levy gave him a lot more money to go spend. If his budget is constrained, then he’s only going to get a certain quality of player. If he had the budget of Man U, Liverpool, or Man City the last few season, I think it would be quiet different. Look at his transfers below. The list excludes this summers signings but I think there’s an even distribution of good - ok - poor signings. If Ndombele, Lo Celso and Sess turn out to be as good as Son was as a signing then you could argue that his signings have been in the better part of the spectrum. You can’t expect to spend £10-15m on a player these days and expect them to push a top 4 team higher.

Poch Transfers

And who do you support in Scotland? 🙈 69 goals in 115 games, 11 goals in Europa League this season, 23 years old. Excellent pedigree, will go onto become a top top player. Would be an excellent understudy to Kane, I won’t have anyone tell me otherwise
Two words

Kris Boyd

I think that’s somewhat unfair. I feel like that last summer was the first transfer period Levy gave him a lot more money to go spend. If his budget is constrained, then he’s only going to get a certain quality of player. If he had the budget of Man U, Liverpool, or Man City the last few season, I think it would be quiet different. Look at his transfers below. The list excludes this summers signings but I think there’s an even distribution of good - ok - poor signings. If Ndombele, Lo Celso and Sess turn out to be as good as Son was as a signing then you could argue that his signings have been in the better part of the spectrum. You can’t expect to spend £10-15m on a player these days and expect them to push a top 4 team higher.

Poch Transfers

Yeah, all valid.

I just don’t think he develops players. It’s a myth. He bins them. If we are going to keep him, we need to change our transfer policy and bring in established 26-28 year old players. I can’t handle another five years of him promising a team.

Two words

Kris Boyd
Morelos is a far superior all rounder. Take your blinkers off man! He scored a cracker against Porto the other night, also scored against them in Portugal and has scored against Rapid and Young Boys. He carries that Rangers team and would thrive in a side with more quality around him. Convince me otherwise. You can’t

Morelos is a far superior all rounder. Take your blinkers off man! He scored a cracker against Porto the other night, also scored against them in Portugal and has scored against Rapid and Young Boys. He carries that Rangers team and would thrive in a side with more quality around him. Convince me otherwise. You can’t
There's a guy Defoe, seems he has scored at a pretty rapid rate. Maybe we should take a look at him.

How many did Boyd score in Europe? There’s your comparison
Wouldn’t be against that to be honest mate! 😂
I would take him long before Morelos. Morelos, yes is one of those players who does well , but can have mood swings and serious form issues.

If Morelos was the striker Rangers fans (who incidentally, the majority wanted rid of last season after his sending off for kicking Scott Brown (now there's a name that sums up Scottish football !!)) he would be gome already.

As I said in a previous conversation with someone, has any player came down from the Scottish league and gone directly to a top 6 team and been successful? Robertson went via Hull, McGinn came up through the Championship. The leap from Rangers or Celtic to the very top is too big. Remember Alan Hutton who was being talked about in the same breath as Cafu round Ibrox? How did he do?

If Morelos goes to Bournemouth or the like and makes it, by all means. But at present, going from a team creating 5 or 6 times the chances we do, playing against very much journeymen footballers to the top of the EPL, nope, there's no one in Scotland to do that.

Back
Top Bottom